Windows 10: Unable to activate Windows 10 Pro on my Macbook Pro 2017 after repair

Discus and support Unable to activate Windows 10 Pro on my Macbook Pro 2017 after repair in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I bought Windows 10 Pro in Jan 2018 to use it on my Macbook Pro 2017. Recently, I was having some issues with keyboard so I visited apple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ikhalilahmed, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Unable to activate Windows 10 Pro on my Macbook Pro 2017 after repair

Hello,

I bought Windows 10 Pro in Jan 2018 to use it on my Macbook Pro 2017. Recently, I was having some issues with keyboard so I visited apple store to get it fixed. Unfortunately, they'd to remove data and reset my pc. Ofcourse I've a back up copy. When I got my laptop and installed windows again then I was unable to activate it due to the change of hardware. They replaced the keyboard and battery as it was attached. There are two problems I'm facing right now:

1- Windows 10 Pro activation issue: I talked to microsoft support today and they have told me "As you bought it through microsoft store, and it was a digital license then you can't use the license on more than one installation". Well that's a very stupid thing I've ever heard. I paid around $230+ for windows. She also told me always opt for a product key instead for a digital license as you can't reinstate it due to hardware change.

2- Also, having problem with restoring my backup windows on Macbook Pro 2017. I tried to restore it, but it has removed all partitions including MacOS and reinstalled fresh windows. I asked to the representative and she said it was impossible because of the bootcamp.

If anyone has an answer to my question then please reply on my post. Thank you.

:)

ikhalilahmed, Oct 31, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows on Macbook Pro using Bootcamp

Hi,

You need support software (drivers) installed with Boot Camp to use Windows 10. This software is automatically downloaded when you use Boot Camp Assistant. Boot Camp supports 64-bit versions of Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro when used with a supported
    Mac. Here are the list that supports Windows 10:

• MacBook Pro (2012 and later)
    • MacBook Air (2012 and later)
    • MacBook (2015 and later)
    • iMac Pro (2017)iMac (2012 and later)
    • Mac mini (2012 and later)
    • Mac mini Server (Late 2012)
    • Mac Pro (Late 2013)

We also suggest that you check and follow the steps shared by Andre Da Costa on this
    thread on how to setup Windows 10 on your Mac using Boot Camp.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 31, 2019
  3. beck24 Win User
    Apple Could Discontinue 17-inch MacBook Pro

They will alienate a big part of their installed base if they do that. Many professionals loyally plunk down big numbers for Mac Pros and Macbook pros. It will engender tremendous ill will. The good news is, that might be the incentive for competitors to step up and develop equivalent NON WINDOWS products. The pros will not run Pro Tools on Windows.

beck24, Oct 31, 2019
  4. Unable to activate Windows 10 Pro on my Macbook Pro 2017 after repair

MacBook Pro unable to ping and mapped a Windows 10 shared folder

The shared folder has always been working until I bought a new router. Installed it and then my MacBook Pro is unable to map the shared folder on my Windows 10. I tried to ping the Windows 10 from the MacBook Pro and I received a request time out. However, I can ping my printer and other devices fine but just not the Windows 10 computer. The Windows 10 is able to ping the MacBook Pro but not the other way around. How do I start troubleshooting this issue?

2myCharlie, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

Unable to activate Windows 10 Pro on my Macbook Pro 2017 after repair

1. Unable to activate Windows 10 Pro on my Macbook Pro 2017 after repair - Similar Threads - Unable activate Pro

2. Unable to activate Windows 10 Home on 2019 Macbook Pro Intel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to activate Windows 10 Home on 2019 Macbook Pro Intel: I used BootCamp to install the Windows ISO successfully and I chose Windows 10 Home during setup. All went well until I went to change my background and I realized Windows was never activated. it states "Windows reported that no product key was found on your device. Error...
  3. Unable to activate Windows 10 Home on 2019 Macbook Pro Intel

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate Windows 10 Home on 2019 Macbook Pro Intel: I used BootCamp to install the Windows ISO successfully and I chose Windows 10 Home during setup. All went well until I went to change my background and I realized Windows was never activated. it states "Windows reported that no product key was found on your device. Error...
  4. Unable to activate Windows 10 Home on 2019 Macbook Pro Intel

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Macbook Pro Unable to change the brightness with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Macbook Pro Unable to change the brightness with Windows 10: I can't change the brightness but I can when I reboot into Apple but at that point I am wasting my time missing around with the PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/macbook-pro-unable-to-change-the-brightness-with/34be0c2c-01d1-4d49-a228-e3e5d5a80e67
  6. Macbook Pro Unable to change the brightness with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macbook Pro Unable to change the brightness with Windows 10: I can't change the brightness but I can when I reboot into Apple but at that point I am wasting my time missing around with the PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/macbook-pro-unable-to-change-the-brightness-with/34be0c2c-01d1-4d49-a228-e3e5d5a80e67
  7. Macbook Pro Unable to change the brightness with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Unable to activate Windows 10 on MacBook Pro Apple M1

Unable to activate Windows 10 on MacBook Pro Apple M1: Purchased a new MacBook Pro and I am unable to activate Windows 10 on it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-activate-windows-10-on-macbook-pro-apple/c1413a88-2398-44d3-9c34-a0463558a304
  9. Unable to activate Windows 10 on my Macbook Pro 2017 after repair

Unable to activate Windows 10 on my Macbook Pro 2017 after repair: Hello, I bought Windows 10 in Jan 2018 to use it on my Macbook Pro 2017. Recently, I was having some issues with keyboard so I visited apple store to get it fixed. Unfortunately, they'd to remove data and reset my pc. Ofcourse I've a back up copy. When I got my laptop and...
  10. Windows Activation on Macbook Pro Bootcamp

Windows Activation on Macbook Pro Bootcamp: I previously have the Windows 10 activated on Parallels Desktop. Now, I want to switch to Bootcamp. However, it prevents me from switch the license even with the hardware change option. Any idea? [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. activate windows 10 on macbook pro