Windows 10: Unable to Activate Windows 10 Pro on new Computer

Discus and support Unable to Activate Windows 10 Pro on new Computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi there, I've recently built an entire new PC and appear unable to activate my Windows 10 Pro on it. I originally had it on an older PC when it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Korthal, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Korthal Win User

Unable to Activate Windows 10 Pro on new Computer

Hi there,

I've recently built an entire new PC and appear unable to activate my Windows 10 Pro on it. I originally had it on an older PC when it was moved from my Physical Key to a Digital Key associated to my Microsoft Account, when switching to another PC it immediately activated Windows 10 after signing in, however now moving to this new PC it seems to refuse to do so (even after removing the previous PC from my list of Devices).

The Activation Window states: "We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license or product key. If you think you do have a valid license or key, select Troubleshoot below. Error code: 0x803FA067"

Running through the Troubleshooter it indicates an option to 'I changed hardware on this device recently' (which I did, and so I select) which signs into my Microsoft Account and then states it cannot find any devices linked to my account that can be used for reactivating the device I'm using right now and to make sure I'm signed in with the same account I linked the Windows 10 licence to previously (which I am, just using a different Alias to login).

I still have my old Product Key (which does not work) and my old Case #'s in which I had to get this fixed previously (way back in 2016)

Any help re-activating my valid licence would be appreciated.

:)

Korthal, Jul 16, 2019

2. New Computer: Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Mom is getting a new computer. Although the computer will have Windows 10 Home preinstalled, we want the Pro version.

Are the steps correct to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro?

• Click Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Go to store > make your purchase, follow the on screen instructions and within 5 to 10 minutes you will be upgraded to Windows 10 Pro.

We are in Canada. I am guessing that the upgrade price is close to US$100 converted to Canadian dollars?

Kevin Stecyk, Jul 16, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 16, 2019
  4. arvindakk Win User

Activation of Windows 10 pro digital license in my new laptop. Kindly suggest.

Unable to activate my new PC to windows 10 pro using digital license from my existing PC. Kindly suggest

arvindakk, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to Activate Windows 10 Pro on new Computer - Similar Threads - Unable Activate Pro

2. Unable to Activate my windows 10 pro on new motherboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Activate my windows 10 pro on new motherboard.: I go through the standard troubleshooting steps. Which I have gone through 4 separate times with the support staff. who all hang up after this step does not work great staff Microsoft............... I have purchased windows 10 pro. From the Microsoft store directly. I do not...
  3. Unable to Activate my windows 10 pro on new motherboard.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Activate my windows 10 pro on new motherboard.: I go through the standard troubleshooting steps. Which I have gone through 4 separate times with the support staff. who all hang up after this step does not work great staff Microsoft............... I have purchased windows 10 pro. From the Microsoft store directly. I do not...
  4. Unable to Activate my windows 10 pro on new motherboard.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. New Windows 10 Pro OEM Computer not activated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Windows 10 Pro OEM Computer not activated: Dear All,I have a brand new computer with windows 10 PRO OEM installed and for the first time in my life, the operating system is not activated; if I try to activate it from the Activation menu, it returns the following error translated fro Italian;It's not possible to...
  6. New Windows 10 Pro OEM Computer not activated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Windows 10 Pro OEM Computer not activated: Dear All,I have a brand new computer with windows 10 PRO OEM installed and for the first time in my life, the operating system is not activated; if I try to activate it from the Activation menu, it returns the following error translated fro Italian;It's not possible to...
  7. New Windows 10 Pro OEM Computer not activated

8. Windows 10 Pro retail activation on a new computer

Windows 10 Pro retail activation on a new computer: Hi,I'm receiving an error 0xc004c003 when trying to activate my Windows 10 Pro retail license on my new computer. My old computer is formatted so the license should no longer be active....
  9. Windows 10 pro won't activate on new computer

Windows 10 pro won't activate on new computer: So yesterday for my birthday, I got a new computer. An Intel NUC8i5BEK. I installed Windows 10 pro from a USB stick I made from the Microsoft website. After installation it says I am not activated. So I run the troubleshooter and it says it can't find a digital license for...
  10. Activate Windows 10 Pro on new computer

Activate Windows 10 Pro on new computer: My computer died and I built a new one. I downloaded Windows 10 Pro but can't activate it. My account says I have 2 PCs but my old one is dead. Should I delete my old PC from my account? Will I be able then to activate my new PC?...