Windows 10: unable to activate windows 10 Pro, troubleshooting returns message: “We found a windows 10...

Discus and support unable to activate windows 10 Pro, troubleshooting returns message: “We found a windows 10... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, please help, Last night, I upgraded my old Dell computer (previously with Windows 10 Home installed) by replacing the hard drive with an New SSD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sendokun, Feb 20, 2020.

1. unable to activate windows 10 Pro, troubleshooting returns message: “We found a windows 10...

Hi, please help,

Last night, I upgraded my old Dell computer (previously with Windows 10 Home installed) by replacing the hard drive with an New SSD and installed Windows 10 Pro on it. I do have Product Key for the Windows 10 Pro which should be valid (purchased many years ago, and haven’t touched it for years).

After completing the installation, the activation process states an error “We can’t activate Windows on this device because the product key was already used on another device. If you think it wasn’t used on another device, select Troubleshoot below. Error code: 0xC004C020”

I clicked on trouble shoot and it returns the following error message “We found a Windows 10 Home digital license for this device running Windows 10 Pro. To activate using this digital license, you need to install Windows 10 Home”.

Does this mean I can not use Windows 10 Pro with this old Dell computer, even after I replaced with a new SSD and a new graphic card. Does this mean that I need to somehow override the digital license with the new Windows 10 Pro product key, which I had tried to enter many time to no avail. Or is there something wrong with with my Windows 10 Pro product key?

Thank you.

unable to activate windows 10 Pro, troubleshooting returns message: “We found a windows 10 Home digital license for this machine running Windows 10 Pro. To activate using this digital license, you need to install Windows 10 Home.”

submitted by /u/sendokun
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sendokun, Feb 20, 2020
  2. Laurijan Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I bought Windows 7 Pro OEM key from G2Play.net for 12€ to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - worked like a charm but be advised if you buy a OEM key you can not download the Win 7 iso from microsoft and have to get it elsewhere.

Laurijan, Feb 20, 2020
  3. Windows 10 pro

I need to change my motherboard, have windows 10 pro. When i google how to it says go to activation then add an account, my issue is there is no add an account option under activation? Or am I in the wrong window?

unable to activate windows 10 Pro, troubleshooting returns message: “We found a windows 10... windows%2010%20pro_zpsfb4x7tmp.png

Not sure how to proceed, ive googled it and the same results. Do I have an OEM or? On the disk sleave it says OEI DVD?
    The COA says windows 10 pro for OEM software

jaggerwild, Feb 20, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

unable to activate windows 10 Pro, troubleshooting returns message: “We found a windows 10...

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

unable to activate windows 10 Pro, troubleshooting returns message: “We found a windows 10...

1. unable to activate windows 10 Pro, troubleshooting returns message: “We found a windows 10... - Similar Threads - unable activate Pro

2. Unable to activate Pro Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate Pro Windows 10: Whether my mistake or MS store I purchased a full download and key. This is a build in PC which have already installed Windows. Now after I get the full version it automatically runs the installation and after that it wont activate. Any help?...
  3. Unable to activate Pro Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to activate Pro Windows 10: Whether my mistake or MS store I purchased a full download and key. This is a build in PC which have already installed Windows. Now after I get the full version it automatically runs the installation and after that it wont activate. Any help?...
  4. Unable to activate Pro Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. unable to activate Windows 10 Pro

unable to activate Windows 10 Pro: after replacing my hardware and carrying out a clean install of windows 10 I cannot activate windows using the license key I have? I get error code 0x803fa067...
  6. Unable to activate Windows 10 Pro

Unable to activate Windows 10 Pro: Hello! My problem is that I can't for some reason activate my windows with a bought product key. The first time I've tried, it worked for about 10 minutes, then windows got deactivated and when I tried to activate it, I received the error code 0xC004C003. I've tried multiple...
  7. Unable to activate Windows 10 Pro

Unable to activate Windows 10 Pro: Hallo After i gave the product key ,i can not Activate Windows 10 pro ? * Moved from Bing * Original title: Activation ***Modified title from: After I gave the product key, I can not Activate Windows 10 pro ?***...
  8. Unable to activate Windows 10 Pro

Unable to activate Windows 10 Pro: I downloaded the free Windows 10 when MS was sending the pop-ups to download for free. Since then, I have changed the hardware (motherboard & hard drive) on my computer and the activation for Windows 10 is requesting a product key which I did not receive. I've tried the...
  9. Unable to even troubleshoot activation of windows 10 pro

Unable to even troubleshoot activation of windows 10 pro: I have a legitimate copy of windows 10 pro, but the activate windows overlay popped up yesterday and now it says its unable to reach the activation servers when I try to troubleshoot. 0x0020036 is the error code but I cant find much about it online, please help...
  10. *windows activation* we found a windows 10 home license for this device running windows 10 pro

*windows activation* we found a windows 10 home license for this device running windows 10 pro: hi, a few weeks ago an activate windows watermark showed up on my laptop and i haven't been able to get rid of it by running the troubleshooter it just gives me the message we found a windows 10 home license for this device running windows 10 pro, to activate using this...