Windows 10: Unable to activate Windows 10 Pro with Retailer Product Key

Discus and support Unable to activate Windows 10 Pro with Retailer Product Key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Got a new PC for Christmas, it's not a prebuilt PC. Everytime I turn on the PC a notification appears that I need to activate Windows. Unfortunately,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jrisk29, Jan 7, 2021.

1. jrisk29 Win User

Unable to activate Windows 10 Pro with Retailer Product Key

Got a new PC for Christmas, it's not a prebuilt PC.

Everytime I turn on the PC a notification appears that I need to activate Windows. Unfortunately, no matter what I do, restart the PC, update Windows, etc. I'm unable to activate it.

I started looking online about this, but nothing has solved the problem.

It appears that I have a Retail Product Key don't know exactly what that means, therefore I'm unable to utilize that Product ID or the activation process.

Thanks in advance!

:)

jrisk29, Jan 7, 2021
  2. FX-GMC Win User

Windows 8.1 pro + WMC key activation

This worked for me last time with a Win 8 key.

Install Windows 8.1 and enter KMS key during setup. Once in windows change product key to my Windows 8 key. Go to add features and enter my WMC add-on key. Drink a beer to a job well done.

FX-GMC, Jan 7, 2021
  3. Unable to Activate Windows 10 Home /Pro Product Key

If the product key you've is retail, then only it can be used for activation else you need to buy new license.

Kapil Arya MVP, Jan 7, 2021
  4. xodarap Win User

Windows 10 Pro Full Retail Version Product Key Issue

Hello,

I purchased the full retail version of Windows 10 Pro and performed a clean install using

the product key contained in the retail package. After the clean install using the full retail version the "Activation" in "Update and Security" showed that it was a Product Key.

After the Windows 10 Anniversary Edition was installed, it shows as being activated with a digital license. I used 'showkeyplus' as recommended by a MVP and it shows the original OEM key and then the full retail key. It is treating my retail install as
    an upgrade and assigning it a digital license.

How do I get it back to the Product Key entitlement? Quite frankly, this is upsetting after spending the money on the full version. Does this mean if I purchase a new laptop and want to perform a clean install of the full retail version of Windows 10 Pro
    on it that license is tied to the old laptop?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

xodarap, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Unable to activate Windows 10 Pro with Retailer Product Key - Similar Threads - Unable activate Pro

2. Windows 10 pro Activation with physical Windows 10 Pro retail key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 pro Activation with physical Windows 10 Pro retail key: I understand that Microsoft does not sell Windows 10 online/offline at present. However the Win10 pro retail physical version are available at many stores. And I am found that those are little bit cheap compared to Win11 pro retail from online/offlineMy quarry is that if I...
  3. Windows 10 pro Activation with physical Windows 10 Pro retail key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 pro Activation with physical Windows 10 Pro retail key: I understand that Microsoft does not sell Windows 10 online/offline at present. However the Win10 pro retail physical version are available at many stores. And I am found that those are little bit cheap compared to Win11 pro retail from online/offlineMy quarry is that if I...
  4. Windows 11 Pro Retail Box Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro Retail Box Product Key: I have activated my unactivated Windows 11 Home by first inserting generic keys, then followed by my purchased Windows 11 Pro product key. It shows that my windows is activated by with a digital license. When I try to check my product key in Windows cmd through "wmic path...
  5. Activate Windows 10 Pro OEM with retiring Windows 10 Pro Retail product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows 10 Pro OEM with retiring Windows 10 Pro Retail product key: My PC is running a valid install of Windows 10 Pro retail but the system HDD is failing.I have acquired a SSD with Windows 10 Pro OEM installed. I would like to retire the HDD containing the retail licence and substitute it with the SSD containing the OEM licence. I do not...
  6. Activate Windows 10 Pro OEM with retiring Windows 10 Pro Retail product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activate Windows 10 Pro OEM with retiring Windows 10 Pro Retail product key: My PC is running a valid install of Windows 10 Pro retail but the system HDD is failing.I have acquired a SSD with Windows 10 Pro OEM installed. I would like to retire the HDD containing the retail licence and substitute it with the SSD containing the OEM licence. I do not...
  7. Activate Windows 10 Pro OEM with retiring Windows 10 Pro Retail product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. Unable to Activate Windows 10 Pro Retail License

Unable to Activate Windows 10 Pro Retail License: Hi,A, year ago I had purchased a genuine sealed Windows 10 Pro Retail pack, it came with a USB, CD Key and a manual.I had installed that in my laptop, which I've changed to a Windows 10 Home now for home use.Now, I've built a new PC and I wanted to Activate my Win 10 Pro...
  9. retail product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    retail product key: i like to if the product key sold by Bestbuy store is legit or a scam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retail-product-key/6bb8c0dc-a139-4344-a068-8d521fe0fd04
  10. Unable to Activate Windows 10 Home /Pro Product Key

Unable to Activate Windows 10 Home /Pro Product Key: My brother gave me a computer that has an non-activated version of Windows 10 Pro on it. I have a new Windows 10 Pro product key which I have entered in the 'change product key' settings. I receive error 0x803F7001 and am told to buy a new copy of Windows from the...