Windows 10: Unable to activate Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to activate Windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi! I had windows 7 for several years, but upgraded for free to windows 10 about roughly 3 years ago. I worked all fine and had an activated license... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Hampan_90, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Hampan_90 Win User

Unable to activate Windows 10

Hi!

I had windows 7 for several years, but upgraded for free to windows 10 about roughly 3 years ago. I worked all fine and had an activated license working for me. Then, about a month ago, I reinstalled my computer entirely, but I reinstalled windows 7 by mistake. The problem then was that my old windows 7 key was no longer approved because of my upgrade to windows 10. I read up on that, and understand this is normal, and that I would now only have a digital license of windows 10. I then proceeded reinstalled windows 10 by booting from USB. However, after installation it says I don't have any digital license. I looked through the troubleshooting, and feel like the first red marked part applies to describe my problem. I have not made any changes to the hardware, and haven't noticed any performance changes in them either.
    Does anyone know how I can proceed from here to be able to actually activate my Windows 10 installation?

"

• You upgraded to Windows 10 using the free upgrade offer, but Windows 10 isn't activated after a reinstall. Windows 10 should automatically activate unless you made significant hardware changes (such as replacing the motherboard).

"

Regard

Hampus

Unable to activate Windows 10 8fc61730-0083-4e9b-87ae-b84c93490bc2?upload=true.png

:)

Hampan_90, Dec 25, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 25, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Dec 25, 2018
  4. skippy258 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Unable to activate Windows 10 [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to activate Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable activate

2. Unable to connect to Ethernet and activate driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to Ethernet and activate driver: I am unable to connect to my ethernet despite the cabel being plugged in. The adapter shows in device manager yet in the Network Connections window nothing is there. I have tried network reset, command prompts and other items yet nothing seems to bring back my adapter so I...
  3. Unable to connect to Ethernet and activate driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect to Ethernet and activate driver: I am unable to connect to my ethernet despite the cabel being plugged in. The adapter shows in device manager yet in the Network Connections window nothing is there. I have tried network reset, command prompts and other items yet nothing seems to bring back my adapter so I...
  4. Unable to connect to Ethernet and activate driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. i am unable to activate my windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    i am unable to activate my windows: please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-activate-my-windows/f55af4c1-4272-4532-b330-07662a760d1b
  6. i am unable to activate my windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am unable to activate my windows: please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-activate-my-windows/f55af4c1-4272-4532-b330-07662a760d1b
  7. i am unable to activate my windows

8. Unable to Activate Windows 11 after OS Re-install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Activate Windows 11 after OS Re-install: Howdy everyone!I recently had a lot of trouble with Windows updates not completing and several applications that were consistently crashing. Things reached a point where I wanted to reset the OS. I figured resetting the OS would solve the problem; however, it would not let me...
  9. Unable to Activate Windows 11 after OS Re-install

Unable to Activate Windows 11 after OS Re-install: Howdy everyone!I recently had a lot of trouble with Windows updates not completing and several applications that were consistently crashing. Things reached a point where I wanted to reset the OS. I figured resetting the OS would solve the problem; however, it would not let me...
  10. I am unable to use Microsoft Phone activation , to license our systems : Security...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to use Microsoft Phone activation , to license our systems : Security...: I am unable to use Microsoft Phone activation , to license our systems , as the phone line UK , USA etc can not accept my phone entries to the security verification phone options . This has been down for a week atleast . It was working fine from the same smart phone that I...