Windows 10: Unable to Activate Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to Activate Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been running Win 10 via Parallels on a Mac. Over the past month my attempts to download the latest Windows build upgrade have all failed. Then as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mr G, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Mr G Win User

Unable to Activate Windows 10

I've been running Win 10 via Parallels on a Mac. Over the past month my attempts to download the latest Windows build upgrade have all failed. Then as of today am not able to reboot Windows at all. "Starting....." then just hangs.
    I decided to reinstall the OS and start fresh. However, once installed, the 2nd iteration of Windows rejects my product key when I try to activate.
    Suggestions to reconcile the above?

:)

Mr G, Nov 8, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 8, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Nov 8, 2019
  4. skippy258 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Unable to Activate Windows 10 [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to Activate Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable Activate

2. Unable to activate Flight Simulator X after installing Acceleration expansion pack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to activate Flight Simulator X after installing Acceleration expansion pack: after installing acceleration expansion pack in Microsoft flight sim X I get no activation screen so consequently flight sim runs for only half hour. ***Modified title from: activation code for acceleration pack ***...
  3. Unable to re-activate windows after MOBO upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to re-activate windows after MOBO upgrade: I have recently installed a new motherboard, and the only thing left to do is reactivate Windows 10. I thought this was going to be easy. I prepared in advance by making sure my digital license was linked to my Microsoft account. After running the activation troubleshooter,...
  4. Unable to activate Windows after reinstalling Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate Windows after reinstalling Windows 10: We have a Dell machine that came with windows 8 pro installed with an free upgrade to windows 10. I recently reset the machine and reinstalled windows 10, but this time it reloaded as Windows 10 Home not Pro. When I looked at the Windows activation product ID it had change...
  5. Unable to activate Windows error code 0xc004c020

Unable to activate Windows error code 0xc004c020: I recently upgraded my motherboard and I reinstalled windows for it, but now the activation key wont work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-activate-windows-error-code-0xc004c020/42bef113-8e7d-4055-9c95-d4d15b6b546e"
  6. Unable to activate Windows 10 Pro on my Macbook Pro 2017 after repair

Unable to activate Windows 10 Pro on my Macbook Pro 2017 after repair: Hello, I bought Windows 10 Pro in Jan 2018 to use it on my Macbook Pro 2017. Recently, I was having some issues with keyboard so I visited apple store to get it fixed. Unfortunately, they'd to remove data and reset my pc. Ofcourse I've a back up copy. When I got my laptop...
  7. Unable to activate Windows 10 on my Macbook Pro 2017 after repair

Unable to activate Windows 10 on my Macbook Pro 2017 after repair: Hello, I bought Windows 10 in Jan 2018 to use it on my Macbook Pro 2017. Recently, I was having some issues with keyboard so I visited apple store to get it fixed. Unfortunately, they'd to remove data and reset my pc. Ofcourse I've a back up copy. When I got my laptop and...
  8. Unable to activate Windows after hardware change.

Unable to activate Windows after hardware change.: Hi there, so I recently changed out my motherboard on my pre-built PC. I had my account linked to that PC and now want to transfer the license it had. When I try to do so it doesn't work. I used the option where you select that I have changed my hardware and then click on...
  9. Unable to activate Windows 10 pro

Unable to activate Windows 10 pro: Hi My Name is Abhishek Dixit. I have Lenovo Yoga S730 laptop, in which Windows 10 Home is installed with a genuine Activation key. I upgraded my Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 pro with Microsoft store. after that My laptop got reboot and after reboot, my PC is installed with...
  10. Unable to activate Windows

Unable to activate Windows: Hello, I recently upgraded my hardware, and it says "activate windows, go to settings to activate windows" I go to settings click "windows isn't activated, activate now " I click that trouble shoot, press the button of I changed my hardware recently, As my computer is linked...