Windows 10: Unable to activate windows after building new pc, regedit, services, and .bat fix all do...

Discus and support Unable to activate windows after building new pc, regedit, services, and .bat fix all do... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So as I have researched I know that when you do significant hardware change microsoft will not recognize the new hardware, and you will need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JacobAClark, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Unable to activate windows after building new pc, regedit, services, and .bat fix all do...

So as I have researched I know that when you do significant hardware change microsoft will not recognize the new hardware, and you will need to reactivate it. Surface level I tried regedit, services disable, and the popular .bat file for such fixes, most detailed here. (https://windows101tricks.com/remove-activate-windows-10-watermark-permanently/).

However I fear my problem may be deeper. When I try the troubleshooter on Windows itself, and click the new hardware option, it just says I am unable to do so, no errors codes or anything. I have tried it for the last 3 days thinking it was a Microsoft issue, but it has not been resolved.

When I booted up my new pc the BIOS would not recognize my HDD with Windows on it, even though it read the HDD as connected (just not bootable). I couldn't figure out what to do so I clicked Windows UEFI mode to boot, and well, it worked. However I now fear I am stuck in some UEFI mode and am unable to switch back to my normal version of Windows.

Any help or insight is appreciated.

:)

JacobAClark, Dec 11, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 11, 2019
  3. Jelu Cal Win User
    Unable to open Task Manager, Services or RegEdit...

Hi,

The specified error message can be due to the changes in the configuration of your device. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• The Windows services that you've disabled prior to experiencing your concern.
    • The version and build of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

In the meantime, we'd recommend running Windows 10 in safe mode and check if you'll be able to proceed with the steps posted by
    RizwanPasha on the link that you've shared.

Note: Make sure to browse through the Registry disclaimer section before modifying the registry.

Also, you can visit the following to validate the status of the services on your device.

Services (services.msc)

• Search and launch services.msc using Cortana
    • Browse through the Services (Local) entries and see if you could come across the ones that you've disabled.

System Configuration (Services tab)

• Search and launch msconfig using Cortana.
    • Click on the Services tab.
    • Click on Enable all (if its lit).
    • Click OK.

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Dec 11, 2019
  4. PKJ
    pkj Win User

Unable to activate windows after building new pc, regedit, services, and .bat fix all do...

Unable to reactivate windows on a new PC

I had earlier asked a question here on SU.SE. It was suggested to me that I should firstly deactivate windows on older PC and then try to activate windows on the new PC. I have deactivated windows on the older PC by slmgr /upk, but I am unable to activate windows on the new PC.

I have followed Activation> Troubleshoot> I changed hardware on this device recently> Unable to Activate Windows > See other devices linked to your Microsoft account, I get the following message (attached as image). In the attached image my windows is listed, but mentions as Windows isn't Activated and I do not get the option to select the windows.

Have I followed a wrong procedure? What should I do next?

Unable to activate windows after building new pc, regedit, services, and .bat fix all do... 7iLAC.png

PS: I have a Retail license of Windows

Unable to activate windows after building new pc, regedit, services, and .bat fix all do... LTP2X.jpg

Thema:

Unable to activate windows after building new pc, regedit, services, and .bat fix all do...

1. Unable to activate windows after building new pc, regedit, services, and .bat fix all do... - Similar Threads - Unable activate building

2. windows activation after building new pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows activation after building new pc: hi! so yesterday i built a pc and i installed windows prior to having an activation/product key. now, when i go to activation in settings i'm met with an error. "We can't activate Windows on this device as the previous version of Windows was not activated prior to upgrading...
  3. windows activation after building new pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows activation after building new pc: hi! so yesterday i built a pc and i installed windows prior to having an activation/product key. now, when i go to activation in settings i'm met with an error. "We can't activate Windows on this device as the previous version of Windows was not activated prior to upgrading...
  4. windows activation after building new pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Activation after new build

Activation after new build: Hi everyone, A couple of years ago I used the free upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 I have just built a new computer and installed the windows 10 files from my pen drive which I had saved from the original upgrade At first I was unable to activate but after being asked...
  6. Change default app with regedit or bat

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change default app with regedit or bat: We have a gpo which sets the default app for pdf's, we do not want to change this, except for when a user runs a bat script without admin rights. I have been trying to make a .bat file that would change the default pdf program to reader with; ftype...
  7. Activating Windows on a New PC Build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activating Windows on a New PC Build: Hello, I am building a new computer from scratch and will not be reusing any of my old parts. I currently have Windows 10 Home installed on my SSD and it is currently linked to my Microsoft account. Am I able to use my account to activate Windows on my new computer, or is...
  8. Activate Windows after building new PC

Activate Windows after building new PC: Hello, I purchased a desktop PC from Best Buy years ago. It originally had came with windows 8 on it. I upgraded to Windows 10, using the free opportunity that Microsoft Provided at that time. Then, I built a new desktop tower for myself, and in the process transferred some...
  9. Windows 10 Activation after new PC Build

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Activation after new PC Build: I just built a new PC and transferred my SSD with Windows 10 to it. I upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7. -On the Settings>Update & Security>Activation tab, it reads that in I have Windows 10 Education. -Error reads "Windows reported that the hardware of your device has...
  10. Not able to activate windows after building new pc

Not able to activate windows after building new pc: I'm getting the following error. "windows reported that no product key was found on your device error code 0xc004f213" I have tried all the troubleshooting steps found on MS's site and so far no luck. I have used my digital license on multiple computers over the years and...