Windows 10: Unable to activate Windows after NUC replaced by warranty

Discus and support Unable to activate Windows after NUC replaced by warranty in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello everyone, About two years ago I bought a NUC kit that included the RAM, HDD, and Windows 10 home already installed. Last month, after a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Seugim, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Seugim Win User

Unable to activate Windows after NUC replaced by warranty

Hello everyone,

About two years ago I bought a NUC kit that included the RAM, HDD, and Windows 10 home already installed. Last month, after a few issues, I went through the warranty process and Intel sent me new, replacement NUC kit (I kept the HDD, RAM).

When I got my new kit I installed the RAM and HDD and everything has been running great. Unfortunately, I got a message this week asking me to "Activate Windows" and I am running into issues.

I go settings->activation->troubleshoot->"I changed hardware on this device recently"->select "This is the device I am using"->click activate

I don't get any error code, it simply says "We can't activate Windows on this device. Try again later." I have tried multiple times and get the same error.

Any suggestions on how I can get my Windows activated?

Thanks,

Jordan

:)

Seugim, Feb 9, 2019

2. Windows 10 Activation

Our company does Video Conference Systems. We use INTEL NUC Skull Canyon Mini PCs running Windows 10 Pro.

We buy the NUCs from a distributor who gets the NUCs from Intel. They install RAM, SSD HD, and Installs Windows 10 Pro.

If a customer has an issue with their NUC within our 90 DAYs we have them replaced under our distributor's warranty agreement.

If a hardware issue after 90 days, we open a ticket with Intel and have the NUCs repaired or replaced.

The issue has become that if the system board is replaced or a new unit is sent we do not have the activation keys anymore...

Due to the fact that the Win10 documentation during the warranty return processes has gotten misplaced...

What can I do to get my 06 NEWLY replaced NUCs setup with valid WIN10 activation keys???

We have sold and installed several hundred Win10 PRO Intel NUCs over the past few years and originally purchased WIN10, but as replaced under warranty - We do not know how to obtain without repurchasing win10 pro?

Thanks...

Kenneth McLinskey, Feb 9, 2019
  3. Activating after replacement Intel NUC

My NUC stopped working so Intel had me send back for replacement.

I took out the RAM and SSD before returning the unit.

The replacement arrived and after putting the ram and SSD back in it booted as per the past unit. But am now being asked to activate.

I went through the troubleshooting about Hardware changes. Which I obviously did.

But when I go to my MS account this particular PC is not one of the 4 I have there. (There is one that is no longer in service if that helps)

I have never had a licence number for any of my win10 boxes as they are all upgrades from 7 or 8 or 8.1 ( I have #'s for those versions)

What now?

Spikemixture, Feb 9, 2019
  4. phonexr Win User

activate warranty

Hi,

I recently bought and set up a Nokia 620 for a family member. However I skipped past the Warranty activation when I first switched it on since I just wanted to get it charged up.

But I can't find how to activate warranty now. I thought this would be easy...

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

phonexr, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to activate Windows after NUC replaced by warranty - Similar Threads - Unable activate NUC

2. Unable to reactivate Windows 11 after laptop warranty replacement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reactivate Windows 11 after laptop warranty replacement: Hello!The key to Windows 11 which was upgraded from Windows 10 stopped working after I changed my laptop under warranty. Error 0x803FABC3 is given and Windows cannot be activated even through "Troubleshoot". Currently I am in the Russian Federation, I did not get through to...
  3. Unable to reactivate Windows 11 after laptop warranty replacement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to reactivate Windows 11 after laptop warranty replacement: Hello!The key to Windows 11 which was upgraded from Windows 10 stopped working after I changed my laptop under warranty. Error 0x803FABC3 is given and Windows cannot be activated even through "Troubleshoot". Currently I am in the Russian Federation, I did not get through to...
  4. Windows 11 Pro activation issues after Intel NUC warranty replacement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro activation issues after Intel NUC warranty replacement: Hi - I had an RMA replacement of my Intel NUC. I retained the ssd and memory and have successfully added them back on the replacement NUC. However I now see a Windows Activation error - "Windows reported that the hardware has changed 0xC004F211 ". If I run the troubleshooter...
  5. Windows 11 Pro activation issues after Intel NUC warranty replacement

Windows 11 Pro activation issues after Intel NUC warranty replacement: Hi - I had an RMA replacement of my Intel NUC. I retained the ssd and memory and have successfully added them back on the replacement NUC. However I now see a Windows Activation error - "Windows reported that the hardware has changed 0xC004F211 ". If I run the troubleshooter...
  6. Windows 10 Pro N For Workstations Activation after the hardware replacement warranty

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Pro N For Workstations Activation after the hardware replacement warranty: On my previous laptop I had local administrator account Tiger. I have used Windows Store for buying Windows and then upgrade to Workstations under my email. Please help me activate windows 10 pro n and then upgrading it to workstation version. I have all versions of windows...
  7. Windows 10 Pro N For Workstations Activation after the hardware replacement warranty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro N For Workstations Activation after the hardware replacement warranty: On my previous laptop I had local administrator account Tiger. I have used Windows Store for buying Windows and then upgrade to Workstations under my email. Please help me activate windows 10 pro n and then upgrading it to workstation version. I have all versions of windows...
  8. Windows 10 Pro N For Workstations Activation after the hardware replacement warranty

9. PIN won't set after replace Intel NUC

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN won't set after replace Intel NUC: Windows 10 Pro 1909 Workgroup Replaced Intel NUC Computer and PIN will not work Windows is activated with a digital license linked to Microsoft account [ATTACH]...
  10. Clone PC to warranty replacement

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clone PC to warranty replacement: I am getting a warranty replacement for my Lenovo 2 in 1 laptop. What would be the easiest way to transfer everything including all of my Windows settings? It will have identical hardware. I know that the sysprep tool can be used to ensure the license is transferred properly....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot reactivate windows intel nuc