Windows 10: Unable to Activate Windows after Resetting

Discus and support Unable to Activate Windows after Resetting in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Built a new system in April. Used my original installation media/product key and everything has been fine. The newest update cause some issues with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Parzivaul, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Parzivaul Win User

Unable to Activate Windows after Resetting

Built a new system in April. Used my original installation media/product key and everything has been fine. The newest update cause some issues with my system, so I reset my Windows. I chose the option to delete all files and start from scratch. After the reset, issues seemed to be gone, but now it is telling me to activate Windows. I figured I needed to get a new key since the original one is still in use. So I bought a new key, but it is not working.

From what I can find, my error codes are not common. At first I was getting 0x80004005 but now the only error code that I get is0xc0000022. What do these error codes mean? Is there a way to fix my system hopefully without resetting again?

:)

Parzivaul, Aug 4, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    windows update Error 0xC004F074 Windows not activated

Hi Lucas,

We would appreciate if you could provide more details about the issue. Is your computer connected to a (domain) secured network? Aside from updating the computer, have you performed any changes prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the steps provided on these article:

We'll wait for your response on this matter.

Mayra Aqu, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Paawan Win User

Windows 10 activation problem after factory reset. Error 0xC004C003

Unable to Activate Windows after Resetting [​IMG]

See the windows is activated. And this is the screen which asks the product key. I can only skip this step if I boot from the dvd and select the clean install option.

"slmg /ato" returns Activating Windows core single language edition (a string of numbers and alphabets)
    Product activated successfully.

Paawan, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to Activate Windows after Resetting - Similar Threads - Unable Activate Resetting

2. Windows Activation after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation after reset: Hello,I did a windows reset after bios problems on my Lenovo. I used a recovery disk from another laptop.After reset, windows cannot activate automatically. I don't have the original windows key as it is the version that came with the computer when i bought it.Thank you...
  3. Windows Activation after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Activation after reset: Hello,I did a windows reset after bios problems on my Lenovo. I used a recovery disk from another laptop.After reset, windows cannot activate automatically. I don't have the original windows key as it is the version that came with the computer when i bought it.Thank you...
  4. Unable to install windows after reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install windows after reset: I reset my lenovo c940 last night after encountering weird bugs the last week or so i use an egpu and things like windows explorer would lock up until i locked my pc and went back in. I did a disk clean too that appeared to all run succesfully. Upon restart I get an error...
  5. Unable to activate Windows 10 after reinstalling/resetting

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate Windows 10 after reinstalling/resetting: Hoping for some help when it comes to activating Windows 10 on my laptop. A bit of background: *When this laptop was purchased new it was running Windows 7, however I took advantage of the free upgrades when each new O/S was released. *Last night Windows installed an update...
  6. Windows activation after reset

Windows activation after reset: Had to reset computer. Had Windows 10 from when free download was offered. After reset when attempting to activate Windows got and error message of 0xC004F012. I do not have the registration key from the first installation of Windows 10....
  7. Unable to Activate Windows 10 after Factory Reset

Unable to Activate Windows 10 after Factory Reset: Hello. I have recently factory reset my laptop due to some problems. However, after I reset the computer, it is asking me to Activate Windows, Windows was activated before I reset it. I tried to run the Troubleshooter but it says 'We weren't able to activate Windows on this...
  8. Unable to activate Windows 10 Pro after using "Reset this PC"

Unable to activate Windows 10 Pro after using "Reset this PC": Purchased a laptop in 2017 from Dell with Windows 10 Home. Upgraded to Pro in 2018 via the Microsoft Store and was happily running Windows 10 Pro until yesterday when I opted to use the "Reset this PC" option in settings to start from a clean slate. When I go to activate I...
  9. activation after reset

activation after reset: My lenovo laptop came with windows 8.1 installed, i upgraded to 10 some time ago. I reset windows 10 for maintenance and now its asking me to activate. But the activation screen is blank. I need to join a private network urgently and I cant until I activate. Please advise or...
  10. Activation of windows after reset

Activation of windows after reset: I did reset my laptop last month and after reset it asked me for product key. I skipped and found that my Windows is no more activated. I changed my motherboard in June but it didn't create any issues with activation till I reset in December. I tried activation after hardware...