Windows 10: Unable to Activate Windows after upgrading to Pro from the App Store.

Discus and support Unable to Activate Windows after upgrading to Pro from the App Store. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A couple days ago, I upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft Store app. Afterwards, my computer shows as not Activated. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by trueLove429, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Unable to Activate Windows after upgrading to Pro from the App Store.

A couple days ago, I upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft Store app. Afterwards, my computer shows as not Activated.

My copy of Windows 10 Home came on a CD I bought from Newegg 4 years ago, and the key has worked until the upgrade.
    I didn't receive an updated key or anything after purchasing the upgrade.
    My Microsoft Account is connected to my computer.

:)

trueLove429, Sep 13, 2019

2. Unable to Activate Win 8

I got Win 8 isntalled on my file server, but I am unable to activate it with the key. Says the key is invalid. Since I work at microsoft I got a retail version from the employee store. I have been doing some reading, and to be able to activate Win8 with the key there needs to be a previous version of Windows installed for it to work. WTF, so you can't do clean installs?

And the box says nothing about Upgrade version. Straight Windows 8 Pro.

MxPhenom 216, Sep 13, 2019
  3. Unable to activate Windows 10 after Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from store

Hi Mohammed,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. How did you perform the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro?
    2. Was your previous version of Windows 10 activated before upgrading to Windows 10 Pro?
    3. What is the error you have received while trying to activate?
    4. Have you made any major hardware changes on the device after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro?
    5. Have you signed with the same Microsoft Account which was used to purchase the Upgrade license?

Here are the few steps you can try to fix the issue, if you have purchased the Windows 10 Pro Upgrade license from the Microsoft store.

Run the Activation troubleshooter

Refer the article on how to use the Activation Troubleshooter
    to fix the issue.

You may also refer the article Get help with the Windows Activation Errors
    for more information.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue with the required information. We will be happy to help you.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Sep 13, 2019
  4. Unable to Activate Windows after upgrading to Pro from the App Store.

Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 13, 2019
Thema:

Unable to Activate Windows after upgrading to Pro from the App Store.

1. Unable to Activate Windows after upgrading to Pro from the App Store. - Similar Threads - Unable Activate upgrading

2. Unable to activate Windows after upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate Windows after upgrade: I am unable to view the activate by on phone on 5 laptops that I have here. Whether it is from settings or by running Slui 4. That commands only gives me a window to enter a new product key.I recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 and need that Window to work to use the code to...
  3. Unable to activate Windows after upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to activate Windows after upgrade: I am unable to view the activate by on phone on 5 laptops that I have here. Whether it is from settings or by running Slui 4. That commands only gives me a window to enter a new product key.I recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 and need that Window to work to use the code to...
  4. Unable to activate Windows after upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Purchased Win10 Pro Upgrade from store, will not activate

Purchased Win10 Pro Upgrade from store, will not activate: The computer came with Win10 Home. I purchased a Win10 Pro upgrade from the Miicrosoft store. Now on the activation page it states I have Windows 10 Enterprisewhich I did not purchase - I purchase Windows 10 Professional upgrade. It also states "We can't activate Windows on...
  6. WINDOWS 10 Pro upgrade purchased from Microsoft Store will not activate

WINDOWS 10 Pro upgrade purchased from Microsoft Store will not activate: Brought new Dell PC with Windows 10 Home installed 2 days ago. I immediately purchased Windows Pro 10 upgrade through Windows Store App. Paid for and downloaded no problem. Once done rebooted fine and joined the PC to the network domain. Next morning I find "TEST DISPLAY"...
  7. Unable to upgrade to Pro from Microsoft Store

Unable to upgrade to Pro from Microsoft Store: I have this ACER Nitro 5 with OEM WIndows 10 Home and have been upgraded to Windows 10 Pro months ago from MS Store. A few weeks back I'm reinstalled my laptop with clean installation and it reactivated as Windows 10 Home. Now when I tried to upgrade to Windows 10 again from...
  8. Cannot activate after upgrade from Windows Store

Cannot activate after upgrade from Windows Store: I had Windows 10 Home on my Dell desktop. Yesterday, I purchases Windows 10 Pro through the Store and now the upgrade will not activate. When I checked, my System setting (and the Store) is reporting that Windows 10 Enterprise was installed. I get activation error code...
  9. Unable to activate windows 10 after upgrading from 8.1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to activate windows 10 after upgrading from 8.1: I have upgraded my pc to windows 10 from 8.1 thinking that evrything is all good, then i find that i get a messege saying “activate windows in settings” first time i was fine with it, i rented the 8.1 product key (as this is the only one i have) and it said that the...
  10. Unable to activate Windows 10 after Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from store

Unable to activate Windows 10 after Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from store: hello , i bought and upgraded to windows 10 pro from windows 10 from the store. after installing , it is asking to activate windows . please help me in resolving this issue ***Modified the title from Activate windows issue***...