Windows 10: Unable to activate Windows. New hardware, same harddrive.

Discus and support Unable to activate Windows. New hardware, same harddrive. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently swapped my harddrive into a new computer and now it's asking me to activate windows, but I cannot. Initially when I tried it would say that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by NicholasDR, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Unable to activate Windows. New hardware, same harddrive.

I recently swapped my harddrive into a new computer and now it's asking me to activate windows, but I cannot. Initially when I tried it would say that microsoft's servers were unavailable and to try again. Now it simply says "We can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later". How do I resolve this?

:)

NicholasDR, Nov 6, 2018
  2. Epsynus Win User

Unable to activate windows after a hardware change

Hello.

I changed my hardware today and when I logged back into windows it was unable to activate windows.

I got my license key tied to my Microsoft account so what I did was this:

1. Went into activation in settings.

2. Hit "Troubleshoot".

3. "I changed hardware on this device recently".

4. It comes up with my current PC and my old PC.

5. I hit "This is the device I'm currently using right now and Activate.

6. "Unable to activate Windows, we can't activate reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later."

So I am stuck, please advise what my next step should be.

Epsynus, Nov 6, 2018
  3. infocus Win User
    Best gaming harddrive Sugestion ???

Seagate states on their 750gb,32mb cache harddrive that the best application is video surveillance.(liquor stores,how very sad and completly overpriced for the amount of problems they have).Yet Passmark lists this near the top of their harddrive page.Any one have a suggestion for something that will last.(maybe samsung???)
    Also I was considering a Raidmax hybrid 2 sli 630w powersupply.Any thoughts on Raidmax??

infocus, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Unable to activate Windows. New hardware, same harddrive.

Windows 10 wont "Activate" after hardware upgrade

Hi, fcp4life,

Follow the steps listed in this Support Doc.

Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/...

If you made a significant hardware change to your device (such as replacing the motherboard), Windows 10 might no longer be activated and you might see the activation error codes 0x803f7001 or 0xC004C008.

If your Original Hardware Manufacturer (OEM) changed the motherboard for you, your PC should reactivate automatically or you should be provided with a replacement product key. If you see the Activation error “Unable to reach Windows activation servers,” then
    follow the steps in this additional help article.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12440/...

Smittychat., Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Unable to activate Windows. New hardware, same harddrive.

1. Unable to activate Windows. New hardware, same harddrive. - Similar Threads - Unable activate hardware

2. Windows Activation on new hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation on new hardware: I had Windows 10 pro installed on an old computer and it would not update to Windows 11 because of old hardware wouldn't support 11. I have a new computer which will only load windows 11 Home. How do I transfer the Windows 10 Pro license to the new Windows 11 Home computer. I...
  3. Windows Activation on new hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Activation on new hardware: I had Windows 10 pro installed on an old computer and it would not update to Windows 11 because of old hardware wouldn't support 11. I have a new computer which will only load windows 11 Home. How do I transfer the Windows 10 Pro license to the new Windows 11 Home computer. I...
  4. Unable to reactivate windows on new hardware, but same SSD and account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reactivate windows on new hardware, but same SSD and account.: Aight so I'll try to make this brief.I bought a laptop a few years ago, and when Windows 11 rollouts happened, I did the upgrade. All was smooth, no activation errors or anything in the transition from 10 to 11. Last week, that laptop died about as quick as Amber Heard's...
  5. Unable to reactivate windows on new hardware, but same SSD and account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to reactivate windows on new hardware, but same SSD and account.: Aight so I'll try to make this brief.I bought a laptop a few years ago, and when Windows 11 rollouts happened, I did the upgrade. All was smooth, no activation errors or anything in the transition from 10 to 11. Last week, that laptop died about as quick as Amber Heard's...
  6. Windows activation on a new hardware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows activation on a new hardware: Hello, I recently changed my motherboard and I have forgotten to add my account on my previous motherboard which I do not have access to anymore so I can't use the option 'I recently hanged hardware on this device'. I had a similar problem before when I also changed my...
  7. activate windows on new hardware

activate windows on new hardware: ok my ssd hangs my pc at startup and without it pc works fine now if I get new ssd do I need to reactivate windows if yes how do I do it in India my windows key is linked to my email which I use to sign into windows...
  8. Activate office 2016 on new harddrive

Activate office 2016 on new harddrive: I hava changed harddrive and cannot activate the office 2016 Product. How can I activate my licience? Is it so that it Thinks it is already in use in the other harddrive? JAN...
  9. unable to activate windows - after new hardware installation

unable to activate windows - after new hardware installation: I put a new motherboard, ram and cpu into my computer and now it says I am unable to activate windows. I go to settings>activation>troubleshoot>I changed hardware on this device recently>I choose my computer from the list>activate and it says "unable to activate windows...
  10. Unable to activate Windows 10 using new desktop hardware

Unable to activate Windows 10 using new desktop hardware: Hello there, Yesterday I finished putting together all the new parts for my PC. I moved my old SSD over from the previous case to run Windows using the new hardware and was greeted to the "Activate Windows / Go to Settings to activate Windows." watermark that I had heard...