Windows 10: Unable to activate Windows on two computers (0x800704cf)

Discus and support Unable to activate Windows on two computers (0x800704cf) in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I cleaning install Windows 10 on almost all the machines in my office, both laptops and PCs. The entire process has been smooth except for two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by lolcocks, May 29, 2019.

1. lolcocks Win User

Unable to activate Windows on two computers (0x800704cf)

I cleaning install Windows 10 on almost all the machines in my office, both laptops and PCs.

The entire process has been smooth except for two computers.

These two computers are identical and Windows won't activate on them.

Screenshots:

Unable to activate Windows on two computers (0x800704cf) [​IMG]

Clicking on Troubleshoot gives the following reuslt:

I have tried searching for the error (0x800704cf) and saw tones of YouTube videos and guides but absolutely nothing has helped.

Anyone got any solutions?
    My network is not blocking anything because I have activated 15+ Laptops and another PC on the same network.

:)

lolcocks, May 29, 2019

2. Error 0x800704cf in microsoft store

Hi,

As per the error message, your internet connection might have something to do with the error code 0x800704cf. The anti-virus on your computer can also be the culprit here. However, let us not assume anything yet until we isolated your concern. We suggest
    that you download and run the Windows Store App Troubleshooter. Once done, check if the issue persists.
    You can also check if the Store works in another user account. If the issue
    still persists, we suggest to reset the Microsoft Store. Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard, the type in wsreset.exe.
    • Hit Enter to proceed.

You may reset the Store a couple of times before checking if the issue persists.

Let us know the result of the troubleshooting steps provided above.

Carlos Tin, May 29, 2019
  3. theking2 Win User
    0x800704cf when re-activating windows 10

Windows activates and deactivates at random. Now I see error 0x800704cf when I attempt to activate a version that was active, and deactivated itself. This is annoying.

theking2, May 29, 2019
  4. AndreyT Win User

That annoying 0x800704cf error...

Some additional details: if the client machihne maintains an open Remote Desktop session with FILES machine, all shares on FILES continue to work fine indefinitely. No 0x800704cf errors whatsoever. But once the RD session is over, after a certain period of inactivity 0x800704cf reappears.

There appears to be a definite "keep alive" issue of some sort with network connection between the machines. As long as the connection is active, it is kept alive. Once the activity ceases, the connection gets dropped eventually and then takes 20-40 seconds to reestablish.

I wonder if the router is to blame here somehow...

Using the IP address of 'FILES' instead of the name makes it all work fine, i.e. '\\192.163.1.3\Storage' results in immediate successful access even when '\\FILES\Storage' fails with 0x800704cf . However adding an entry for 'FILES' to LMHOSTS file does not resolve the issue.

AndreyT, May 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to activate Windows on two computers (0x800704cf) - Similar Threads - Unable activate computers

2. two activation keys on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    two activation keys on my computer: "I have two activation keys on my computer, one of them is illegal and the other is tied to the motherboard. Now, I want to remove the illegal key and keep the OEM key. What should I do?"...
  3. Windows 10 0x800704cf

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 0x800704cf: I cannot login to my Microsoft Account in the Microsoft Store and it says I am not connected to the internet and I have went to many Microsoft Problem Solving sources to fix this problem but the problem will not fix its self, this is especially angering since I purchased and...
  4. Windows activation on two computers.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows activation on two computers.: Hello, I have a laptop which i bought some time ago and it came with pre-installed windows 10 and after sign-in with my microsoft account, windows 10 license is bound to my account as I understand. But a few days ago my laptop broke and I'm not going to use this laptop...
  5. Windows 10 Home activation key with error 0x800704cF

Windows 10 Home activation key with error 0x800704cF: Hello, I'm trying to install Windows 10 Home v1909 after the hardware of my pc has changed sdd, ram. When activating the product the license code was included with the PC I get an error 0x800704cF. My laptop is from 2017 so the license was from an older version, can I still...
  6. 0x800704cf

0x800704cf: I cannot sign into my Microsoft account/fully activate windows on my computer. it says something went wrong when signing in and gives me this code 0x800704cf...also under activation it says cannot connect the servers...
  7. Two Windows activations on one computer?

Two Windows activations on one computer?: Hi there, The computer I built originally had Windows 7 OEM on it, and I chose the free Windows 10 home upgrade. But now I have a new job, and I need access to pro features, so I was given a license key for pro. I have multiple hard drives in my machine and wanted to...
  8. Error: 0x800704CF while activating Windows 10 Pro

Error: 0x800704CF while activating Windows 10 Pro: Hi I just upgraded to windows 10 and bought a product key online (ESD) for Windows 10 Pro. I used the media creation tool and entered the key. Now on windows activation i get "Windows is activated with a digital license" but on the product key it says "The last product key...
  9. You must use a valid product key to activate Windows – 0x800704cF

in Windows 10 News
    You must use a valid product key to activate Windows – 0x800704cF: [ATTACH] Windows Activation system keeps checking for validity of your key from time to time. Assuming you have a genuine key and all of a sudden you have received Windows Activation Error 0x800704cF, then this error means we didn’t find a valid [...] This post You must use...
  10. 0x800704cf

in Windows 10 Customization
    0x800704cf: I AM TRYING TO CONNECT TO MY MICROSOFT ACCOUNT. I AM ALWAYS GETTING THIS ERROR 0x800704cf. WHICH SAYS " YOU'LL NEED INTERNET FOR THIS ". MY INTERNET IS WORKING PERFECTLY FINE. I HAVE TRIED MANY THING LIKE RESETTING IP SETTING. UNSELECTING CLIENT FOR MICROSOFT ACCOUNTS AND...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x800704cf office activation

2. activation fails with 0x800704cf

3. windows activation error 0x800704cf

4. microsoft win 10 error code 0x800704cf,
  5. unable to activate Office Error code- 0x800704cf,
  6. unable to activate the office 0x800704cf,
  7. unable to activate office (error message 0x800704cf)