Windows 10: Unable to activate Windows screensaver

Discus and support Unable to activate Windows screensaver in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After playing Metro Exodus, having mashed the keyboard a couple of times during gameplay, I found that the screensaver would not work. No matter what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rzn6jw, Jun 9, 2019.

1. rzn6jw Win User

Unable to activate Windows screensaver

After playing Metro Exodus, having mashed the keyboard a couple of times during gameplay, I found that the screensaver would not work.

No matter what I tried, I could not get it to come on:

1) GPEDIT User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Control Panel/Personalization/Enable Screen Saver and set it enabled.
    2) Enabled Screen Saver Timeout in same.
    3) Used your .reg file Enable/Disable Screensaver.
    4) Used regedit in HKEY_Current_User\ControlPanel\Desktop.
    5) sfc /scannow (no errors).

The only way it would activate is by restoring a full backup via Macrium. I checked the group policy and registry entries after backup and they all looked the same as before the backup.

Where does the 'screensaver' itself reside? Could something like a key combination have a permanent effect on disabling it? Could something be corrupted and sfc missed it?

Running Win 10 Pro v 1903. Hope someone can shed some light on this.

Thanks.

:)

rzn6jw, Jun 9, 2019
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Unable to activate Windows screensaver :)

terrace, Jun 9, 2019
  3. screensaver versus no screensaver

On Windows XP, the screensaver was running even when the montior was off which is a waste. Ever since I discovered that, I simply turn screensavers off and have the monitor power down in 5 minutes or less.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 9, 2019
  4. Unable to activate Windows screensaver

Can't Remove Screensavers

I have generated two screensavers using Axialis Screensaver. The program is suppose to generate scr files in theSystem32 folder. In looking in the System32 folder I am unable to locate the screensaver scr files I made. When I open the screensaver app I see the two file names but are no where to be found. Both of these are not installed so their not listed in the uninstall program listing. *Sad I don't know wear the files are and have scanned through the registry by name of the screensavers.

Winmicro10help, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

Unable to activate Windows screensaver

1. Unable to activate Windows screensaver - Similar Threads - Unable activate screensaver

2. Unable to Activate Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to Activate Windows: hi i cant active my windows troubleshooting cant solve that what should i do??????? ***Modified title from: help me plz *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-activate-windows/67fffad7-31ea-494b-8476-f39226f7a95e"
  3. Unable to activate Windows

Unable to activate Windows: So recently I upgraded my computers motherboard and CPU and when turning it on I got a activate windows logo on the bottom right of my screen. So I used the activation troubleshoot and that did not work and I didn't remember my windows key so I went out and bought a new key...
  4. screensaver activates in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    screensaver activates in windows 10: How do I increase the amount of time before my screensaver activates in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screensaver-activates-in-windows-10/e48a4338-c980-4686-8b32-31c092d04660
  5. Unable to activate windows

Unable to activate windows: Hi I've recently just changed my hardware and right now I'm constantly being prompted to activate my windows product. And yet it keeps saying that im using a counterfeit windows and insists i purchase. I was running on Windows 10 Pro before. Right now I've downgraded to a...
  6. Unable to activate Windows

Unable to activate Windows: We can't activate windows on this device because the product key was already used on another device. If you think it wasn't used on another device, Troubleshoot below. (0xc004c008) I just re-installed windows 10 64bit and got a activation key from kinguin. I need help...
  7. Screensaver doesn't ever activate in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screensaver doesn't ever activate in Windows 10: I know how to fix my problem, but I had to search a long time to find the solution. To see if you have my problem -- a program actively preventing sleep, open an elevated command prompt and run this command: powercfg -requests If you see any results, there is a good chance...
  8. Unable to activate Windows

Unable to activate Windows: Hello there, So I have completely changed my hardware and only thing that is left from my old hardware is an HDD. And now I'm facing an issue with Windows activation. I was following this tutorial. I did everything that it says but when I try to troubleshoot>I changed my...
  9. Unable to activate Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to activate Windows: I was trying to activate my Windows 10 pro. When I type in my activation license key, I get this error message: Unable to activate Windows. We can't activate Windows on this device as our activation servers aren't available right now. Make sure you're connected to the...
  10. Unable to activate

Unable to activate: Hopefully this is the right place because this involves an installation that doesn't activate. Little history: Installed Windows 7, then upgraded to Windows 8. When the Windows 10 free download came around, I jumped and upgraded to that. Things went well for quite some...