Windows 10: Unable to activate Windows screensaver

Discus and support Unable to activate Windows screensaver in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After playing Metro Exodus, having mashed the keyboard a couple of times during gameplay, I found that the screensaver would not work. No matter what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rzn6jw, Jun 9, 2019.

1. rzn6jw Win User

Unable to activate Windows screensaver

After playing Metro Exodus, having mashed the keyboard a couple of times during gameplay, I found that the screensaver would not work.

No matter what I tried, I could not get it to come on:

1) GPEDIT User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Control Panel/Personalization/Enable Screen Saver and set it enabled.
    2) Enabled Screen Saver Timeout in same.
    3) Used your .reg file Enable/Disable Screensaver.
    4) Used regedit in HKEY_Current_User\ControlPanel\Desktop.
    5) sfc /scannow (no errors).

The only way it would activate is by restoring a full backup via Macrium. I checked the group policy and registry entries after backup and they all looked the same as before the backup.

Where does the 'screensaver' itself reside? Could something like a key combination have a permanent effect on disabling it? Could something be corrupted and sfc missed it?

Running Win 10 Pro v 1903. Hope someone can shed some light on this.

Thanks.

:)

rzn6jw, Jun 9, 2019
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Unable to activate Windows screensaver :)

terrace, Jun 9, 2019
  3. screensaver versus no screensaver

On Windows XP, the screensaver was running even when the montior was off which is a waste. Ever since I discovered that, I simply turn screensavers off and have the monitor power down in 5 minutes or less.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 9, 2019
  4. Unable to activate Windows screensaver

Can't Remove Screensavers

I have generated two screensavers using Axialis Screensaver. The program is suppose to generate scr files in theSystem32 folder. In looking in the System32 folder I am unable to locate the screensaver scr files I made. When I open the screensaver app I see the two file names but are no where to be found. Both of these are not installed so their not listed in the uninstall program listing. *Sad I don't know wear the files are and have scanned through the registry by name of the screensavers.

Winmicro10help, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

Unable to activate Windows screensaver

1. Unable to activate Windows screensaver - Similar Threads - Unable activate screensaver

2. Windows screensaver

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows screensaver: Hello. I would like to ask a question about the windows screensavers. When I open my computer, I often see gorgeous beautiful photographs of countries from all over the world. But I have never seen a photo from Russia, which makes me very sad, because Russia is a very...
  3. Unable to activate Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to activate Windows: I really need some help. I have been having issues recently. My PC has been saying that I can't activate Windows. It gives me the error code of 0x8007232B. It says that it can't connect to my organisation, but this is my personal computer. I own it. I built it. My friend did...
  4. Spinning Text Screensaver Not Working... Display Shuts Off, but Screensaver Won't Activate!

Spinning Text Screensaver Not Working... Display Shuts Off, but Screensaver Won't Activate!: Yo, first post. Never had the need to post here before, but this is seriously buggin' me. I have my power settings all sorted out, the screen saver preview looks good, it works in the personalization menu and everything, but when I leave my computer to do it by itself?...
  5. Windows screensaver never activates

Windows screensaver never activates: I set it to 1 minute but this never seems to work. No matter what I set it to the screensaver just never comes on. It used to but stopped submitted by /u/mogster777 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jlelop/windows_screensaver_never_activates/
  6. My screensaver never seems to activate

My screensaver never seems to activate: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Reddevil313 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iq9g5s/my_screensaver_never_seems_to_activate/
  7. Activate Windows...Unable to Activate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Windows...Unable to Activate: A few days ago I installed a brand new drive into my, now almost, 4-5 year old computer. I was told I wouldn't have any problem with me changing out the drive...according to several links on Windows.com, family members who work with computers, and friends who also work with...
  8. screensaver activates in windows 10

screensaver activates in windows 10: How do I increase the amount of time before my screensaver activates in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screensaver-activates-in-windows-10/e48a4338-c980-4686-8b32-31c092d04660
  9. Unable to activate Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate Windows: We can't activate windows on this device because the product key was already used on another device. If you think it wasn't used on another device, Troubleshoot below. (0xc004c008) I just re-installed windows 10 64bit and got a activation key from kinguin. I need help...
  10. Screensaver doesn't ever activate in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screensaver doesn't ever activate in Windows 10: I know how to fix my problem, but I had to search a long time to find the solution. To see if you have my problem -- a program actively preventing sleep, open an elevated command prompt and run this command: powercfg -requests If you see any results, there is a good chance...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. we cant reactivate windows as our servers arent available right now

2. we cant reactivate windows as our servers arent available right now. wait for a few minutes or try adding your microsoft account again.

3. we cant reactivate windows as our servers reddit