Windows 10: Unable to activate Windows - Solution needed even if temporary

Discus and support Unable to activate Windows - Solution needed even if temporary in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I am aware this a ongoing issue currently.. But as its a ongoing issue any thread currently discussing it has grown huge and therefor not ideal for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by cheesecheeks, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Unable to activate Windows - Solution needed even if temporary

So I am aware this a ongoing issue currently.. But as its a ongoing issue any thread currently discussing it has grown huge and therefor not ideal for support..

I just added a new Graphics card into my computer, I did not change any other pieces of hardware. I reset the PC, for reasons mainly as I wanted everything fresh with my new GPU for specific reasons.

Now I am unable activate windows.. I presumed resetting would not require this.. plus I presumed my license was linked to my Microsoft account.

The thing which worries me.. is the CD key shown on the settings says OEM.. I do not have a OEM CD Key, i purchased Windows Pro and when I type this CD key in manually, it fails to activate. My computer is custom built by myself too.. not a OEM device..

Do I really need to get another CD key just because I changed graphics card? Surely not.. It mentioned a home cd key at first, but I did not want to activate that as I have Pro.. however now it just fails altogether..

I have to say, its really stupid, I cannot even make the taskbar smaller without activating.. Surely there is a workaround or fix?

:)

cheesecheeks, Nov 8, 2018
  2. Ferdz Amp Win User

Unable to delete temporary files

Hi Sumit,

Looks like you are running out of storage space, let's walk you through the steps of running
    Disc cleanup for your Windows 10 device.

To delete temporary files, kindly follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Disc cleanup and press Enter.
    • Under Files to delete, select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
    • Select OK.

If you need to free up more space, you can also delete system files:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Disc cleanup and press Enter.
    • In Disk cleanup, select Clean up system files.
    • Select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
    • Select OK.

If the suggestions above didn't work, feel free to post back so we can further troubleshoot.

Ferdz Amp, Nov 8, 2018
  3. jmcslob Win User
    Unable to Activate Win 8

I was about to suggest run CMD as Admin and then do a "slmgr -ipk xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx" activation...does anyone know if that works with win8?

jmcslob, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Unable to activate Windows - Solution needed even if temporary

There's a temporary problem with the service - Unable to login to Windows 10

Apologies for reposting this question, however the Support Engineer that replied has not resolved the issue (not much of a Support Engineer if you ask me). It has been a further 24 hours with no response. The original posted question is at Login Password Problem: There's a temporary problem with the service.

My father in-law has been locked out of his computer and unable to log into Windows 10. He has somehow activated the requirement to log in using his [user name]@outlook.com password, and unfortunately he does not know the password.

I have tried the suggested solution as follows:

If you know the answer to your security question or you still have access to the alternate email address on the account, you can try the Self-help options. To do this, follow the instructions below:

• In the Sign-in page, click on Can't access your account?.
    • Choose either I forgot my password or I know my password and Microsoft account, but can't sign in.
    • Enter your Microsoft account and type in the characters you see in the picture then click 'Next'.
    • You will be provided with different options to validate your account.
    • Email a reset link (if available) will let you have a password reset link sent to your alternate email address.
    • Secret Question (if available) allows you to reset your password immediately after you've provided your Secret Answer.
    • Send a code to my phone (if available) will give the option to send a text or call you for a verification code to your mobile phone. After you enter the code, follow the instructions that prompt until the change
      was successful.

I have followed Steps 1, 2, 3. When I get to Step 4, I select the Send a code to my phone option (Call ** ******47), I then insert the last four digits of the phone number as requested and I receive the following error:

• There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this message, try again later.
    Why does the call back option not work? How can I reset the password?

I see the only solution at this stage is to do a clean reinstall Windows and forget about the account that he does not know the password to. Really Microsoft? Really?

Caval_McLaren, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Unable to activate Windows - Solution needed even if temporary

1. Unable to activate Windows - Solution needed even if temporary - Similar Threads - Unable activate Solution

2. System Background Slow - Temporary Solution Windows Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Background Slow - Temporary Solution Windows Key: So, my system sounds sends constant beeps into my headset, entire background system slows down and causes keyboard delay and it only seems solvable temporarily by mashing the Windows key until the start menu rises and falls consistently with when I press the key. This issue...
  3. System Background Slow - Temporary Solution Windows Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Background Slow - Temporary Solution Windows Key: So, my system sounds sends constant beeps into my headset, entire background system slows down and causes keyboard delay and it only seems solvable temporarily by mashing the Windows key until the start menu rises and falls consistently with when I press the key. This issue...
  4. System Background Slow - Temporary Solution Windows Key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Unable to activate Win, need assistance

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate Win, need assistance: Hello, I have an issue to activate Windows 10 on my new pcWhen I installed Win, I could not find @ button on keyboard since I was not familiar with the Serbian layout, been using us one always and it was way trickier to find it, so I made a new Microsoft account but now when...
  6. need solution

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    need solution: it's want restart but by restarting its faced an error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/need-solution/dc1e72e9-6062-438b-ba23-89d21873610d
  7. Unable to activate Windows even with Troubleshooter

Unable to activate Windows even with Troubleshooter: I had a major hardware change Motherboard, so my Windows 10 Pro is now deactivated. I get a watermark on the bottom right corner of my monitor's screen that says "Activate Windows. Go to settings to activate Windows." I tried using the Troubleshooter under Activation in...
  8. Need a solution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need a solution: when I turn on my laptop after sleep, my wireless mouse getting off. Even after tapping buttons also it is not getting ON. I need to take out the wireless adaptor and insert again. Then it is working fine. Will it happens as a default or I need to change any system settings....
  9. Unable to activate windows, even with genuine key.

Unable to activate windows, even with genuine key.: For the past months I've had the issue of not being able to activate windows, and after trying everything I could, I still haven't figured it out. [ATTACH] I've tried literally anything, please help me!...
  10. Unable to even troubleshoot activation of windows 10 pro

Unable to even troubleshoot activation of windows 10 pro: I have a legitimate copy of windows 10 pro, but the activate windows overlay popped up yesterday and now it says its unable to reach the activation servers when I try to troubleshoot. 0x0020036 is the error code but I cant find much about it online, please help...