Windows 10: Unable to Activate Windows through troubleshooting

Discus and support Unable to Activate Windows through troubleshooting in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi There, I have recently built a new computer and activated a newly purchased Microsoft 10 Home license on it. Unfortunately, the motherboard of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by PrinceAP, Jun 12, 2020.

1. PrinceAP Win User

Unable to Activate Windows through troubleshooting

Hi There,

I have recently built a new computer and activated a newly purchased Microsoft 10 Home license on it.

Unfortunately, the motherboard of the new computer died and would no longer boot up.

I have bought a new motherboard, but unable to activate my current windows license on the new machine, since it points to the older mobo.

Is there a way for me to disable the license on that previous machine?

Kind regards,

Prince

:)

PrinceAP, Jun 12, 2020

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jun 12, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to Activate Windows

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get to the root cause of the issue, please reply with the following details:

• What happens when you try to Activate Windows 10?
    • Do you receive any error message/code? If yes, what is the error message/code?
    • Have you recently made any hardware change on the computer?

I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

Activate Windows 10
    to activate Windows 10. You can also use the

Activation Troubleshooter
    to activate Windows.

For more information, you can refer the article
    Get help with Windows activation errors
    and follow the troubleshooting steps as per the error message.

If the issue persists, you can get in touch with our Live Technical support team by calling them. Please refer the article

Global Customer Service phone numbers
    to get the Customer support number as per your country.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 12, 2020
  4. Unable to Activate Windows through troubleshooting

Windows 10 Activation Error: 0xC004F034

Hi Greg,

This error code is usually caused by a problem with the product key. For better assistance, we would like to clarify how you got the Windows 10 Pro? Is it supplied by a company?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the Activation troubleshooter and try activating Windows 10 Pro again. To run the Activation troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Select Activation in the left pane of the window.
    • Click Troubleshoot.

If your Windows 10 Pro is supplied by a company, we recommend that you get in touch with your organization's support for assistance with the activation.

We'll be waiting to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

Unable to Activate Windows through troubleshooting

1. Unable to Activate Windows through troubleshooting - Similar Threads - Unable Activate through

2. Unable to troubleshoot activation, says unable to reactivate.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to troubleshoot activation, says unable to reactivate.: Hi,I recently just changed my motherboard and asked to activate a valid Windows 10. The error code is 0xC004F211. I have tried to "Troubleshoot" -> "I changed hardware on this device recently" but a message "We can't reactivate Windows as our servers aren't available right...
  3. Unable to troubleshoot activation, says unable to reactivate.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to troubleshoot activation, says unable to reactivate.: Hi,I recently just changed my motherboard and asked to activate a valid Windows 10. The error code is 0xC004F211. I have tried to "Troubleshoot" -> "I changed hardware on this device recently" but a message "We can't reactivate Windows as our servers aren't available right...
  4. Unable to troubleshoot activation, says unable to reactivate.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to activate Windows even with Troubleshooter

Unable to activate Windows even with Troubleshooter: I had a major hardware change Motherboard, so my Windows 10 Pro is now deactivated. I get a watermark on the bottom right corner of my monitor's screen that says "Activate Windows. Go to settings to activate Windows." I tried using the Troubleshooter under Activation in...
  6. Activating and Troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Activating and Troubleshooting: Hello guys, i'm having issues activating my pc and troubleshooting it as well. Have tried using another product key but it keeps giving me the 0*80070057 error. What do you guys suggest i do?...
  7. Activation troubleshoot

Activation troubleshoot: I am having a windows 10 version and i have recently repaired my laptop and the repair person has changed my windows version to windows 10 pro.It is now showing to activate my windows. I have my previous windows activation key but now when i entered it in activation option it...
  8. Activation troubleshooting.

Activation troubleshooting.: I downloaded the Diagnostic Tool with excellent ( Ahaaaa!) results for Win10pro but now want to do the same for Office but it is greyed out and not accessible. What is this 1st timer doing wrong please?*Huh 141808
  9. Unable to even troubleshoot activation of windows 10 pro

Unable to even troubleshoot activation of windows 10 pro: I have a legitimate copy of windows 10 pro, but the activate windows overlay popped up yesterday and now it says its unable to reach the activation servers when I try to troubleshoot. 0x0020036 is the error code but I cant find much about it online, please help...
  10. Activation troubleshooting

Activation troubleshooting: In order to best provide assistance, we request users to run either of the below to try and identify the issue you may be having. A. *Arrow Activation Diagnostic Tool (Checks MS Office activation with basic Windows activation data only) B. *Arrow LicensingDiag.ps1 (No...