Windows 10: "unable to activate Windows" with digital license linked to account

Discus and support "unable to activate Windows" with digital license linked to account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi! So I recently changed hardware (new motherboard, processor and RAM) and had to reinstall Windows. Before resetting I linked my digital license to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Funiel, May 10, 2019.

1. Funiel Win User

"unable to activate Windows" with digital license linked to account

Hi! So I recently changed hardware (new motherboard, processor and RAM) and had to reinstall Windows.

Before resetting I linked my digital license to my Microsoft account so I could reactivate it after the reset. So I reset my PC, log in and try the activation troubleshooter (as described in the post from the FAQ). I select "I recently changed hardware", my previous PC shows up, I select that's what I'm using right now. But then I get "unable to activate Windows".

Is there any way to fix this? Thanks in advance!

:)

Funiel, May 10, 2019

2. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

"unable to activate Windows" with digital license linked to account [​IMG]

MCardona81, May 10, 2019
  3. guniu Win User
    Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License

Hey, I have a question.
    Do you think the digital license is saved on my MSA after i changed back to my local account?

What I mean by that:
    I Added MSA to my Windows 10 and it said in Activation tab "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account", and my PC was in device list of my MSA.
    But I don't like the fact that I have to type in password every time I boot up. It's my private PC, I don't need password, I never had. So I switched back to my Local account. But now it's back to "Windows is activated with a digital license" only, and the PC is also gone from the device list on my MSA account.
    Do you think it actually unlinked the license, or maybe because I logged in once, it saved anyway, and I will be good with activating in the future on a changed machine?

guniu, May 10, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

Hello MCardona81, "unable to activate Windows" with digital license linked to account :)

The digital license will automatically be linked when you sign in to Windows 10 with your Microsoft account.

At step 2, what does it show for you in Activation on the right side?

Brink, May 10, 2019
Thema:

1. "unable to activate Windows" with digital license linked to account - Similar Threads - unable activate digital

2. Link digital license to different account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Link digital license to different account: Recently I made a new Microsoft e-mail address. How can I transfer the windows digital license from my old to my new Microsoft e-mail address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/link-digital-license-to-different-account/c703d1d0-a79d-4d3b-acf1-b6ab55b52b83
  3. Link digital license to different account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Link digital license to different account: Recently I made a new Microsoft e-mail address. How can I transfer the windows digital license from my old to my new Microsoft e-mail address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/link-digital-license-to-different-account/c703d1d0-a79d-4d3b-acf1-b6ab55b52b83
  4. Link digital license to different account

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Unable to Activate Windows digital license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Activate Windows digital license: Just changed my motherboard and CPU. Cannot activate digital license. Is this intended? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-activate-windows-digital-license/ad88bbd7-0096-4c48-8dd5-f7e57e1240c0
  6. Unable to Activate Windows digital license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Activate Windows digital license: Just changed my motherboard and CPU. Cannot activate digital license. Is this intended? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-activate-windows-digital-license/ad88bbd7-0096-4c48-8dd5-f7e57e1240c0
  7. Unable to Activate Windows digital license

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Digital license linked to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Digital license linked to Microsoft account: I was using windows 10 home with digital license linked to my Microsoft account it was a retail license. I upgraded my system to windows 10 pro using retail license key. Which was linked to the same Microsoft account as Digital License. I want to know if I can choose which...
  9. Unable to link Microsoft Account with Digital License

Unable to link Microsoft Account with Digital License: Hi there. I am due to replace my motherboard on my laptop and I want to prepare accordingly. Advice on from Microsoft suggests that I link my Microsoft Account to my Digital License but I am unable to do so. I currently use a local account. I have been into "Settings ->...
  10. windows is activated with a digital license linked to your microsoft account

windows is activated with a digital license linked to your microsoft account: Hi I have a laptop come with win 10 home single language, and I upgrade the win 10 to Pro by license kay, then I linked my Microsoft account, today I format my laptop and I installed a win 10 from Microsoft website, when I entered my Microsoft email I the win 10 account, it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to activate windows digital license