Windows 10: Unable to activate windows

Discus and support Unable to activate windows in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I am attempting to activate windows 10 pro on a new computer. It is a completely fresh install. Every attempt to activate it says, "We... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by nideak, Sep 15, 2020.

1. nideak Win User

Unable to activate windows

Hello, I am attempting to activate windows 10 pro on a new computer. It is a completely fresh install.

Every attempt to activate it says,

"We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a

valid digital license or product key. If you think you do have a valid

license or key, select troubleshoot below. Error code 0xc004c003"

First, I do have a valid code. It is a new copy of windows.

Second, I get this error even if I use the default Windows Key VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

I have gone through a plethora of suggestions, clearing the key, reentering it, formatting and installing, formatting and installing with the internet disabled, attempting to use the default key with the internet disabled, as well as a number of commands run in the command prompt as admin.

The gist of the error message I get when running the diagnostics is that I'm running a non-core edition of Windows 10. I'm assuming this is the root cause of all of these issues, but I've found absolutely no way to correct this, as every version of windows installed is coming directly from Microsoft, as is the product key.

One of the suggestions I've seen for my issue is phone activation. I don't have this available to me for some reason.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I'm at my wits end at this point

:)

nideak, Sep 15, 2020
  2. jmcslob Win User

Unable to Activate Win 8

I was about to suggest run CMD as Admin and then do a "slmgr -ipk xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx" activation...does anyone know if that works with win8?

jmcslob, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Unable to Activate Win 8

I got Win 8 isntalled on my file server, but I am unable to activate it with the key. Says the key is invalid. Since I work at microsoft I got a retail version from the employee store. I have been doing some reading, and to be able to activate Win8 with the key there needs to be a previous version of Windows installed for it to work. WTF, so you can't do clean installs?

And the box says nothing about Upgrade version. Straight Windows 8 Pro.

MxPhenom 216, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Unable to activate windows

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Unable to activate windows

1. Unable to activate windows - Similar Threads - Unable activate

2. Windows 10 Pro 1803 turned into Windows Enterprise & unable to activate

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro 1803 turned into Windows Enterprise & unable to activate: Hi dear, Please help me : I had tried to upgrade windows 10 Pro 1803 into 2004 from Windows 10 Update Assistant, this has been completed successfully but the upgraded windows showing Windows Enterprise instead of Windows 10 Pro. I am very afraid, my product keys is...
  3. unable to activate windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    unable to activate windows 10: i'm unable to activate windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-activate-windows-10/1a59c683-37de-4b9f-a336-9e80444c5209
  4. Unable to activate Windows 10 Enterprise

Unable to activate Windows 10 Enterprise: I have Windows 10 Enterprise installed. I can use it but it keeps writing that I have to activate it. I was just wondering how I can activate it because it is saying “cannot connect to the organisation server”....
  5. Unable to activate Windows on this device

Unable to activate Windows on this device: My Microsoft account is linked to digital license on my old device. When I created Windows 10 on a new device, I chose Windows 10 professional and then logged in to my microsoft account, but after I run the Activation troubleshooter, I found out that my new device cannot be...
  6. Unable to activate the license, error Ox80072F8f

Unable to activate the license, error Ox80072F8f: Although bought as Windows 7, I am trying to activate its license so that I can upgrade to Windows 10 once activated. However, I am unable to activate the license on my laptop. Getting the message with error code: Ox80072F8f. Help appreciated. 164397
  7. Unable to activate the license, error Ox80072F8f

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to activate the license, error Ox80072F8f: Although bought as Windows 7, I am trying to activate its license so that I can upgrade to Windows 10 once activated. However, I am unable to activate the license on my laptop. Getting the message with error code: Ox80072F8f. Help appreciated. 164397
  8. Unable activate Windows, Error code 0xC0EA000A

Unable activate Windows, Error code 0xC0EA000A: Hi, I am unable to activate windows. I activated it the 1st time on this Lenovo laptop. The Storage type was configured at that time as RAID. I changed Storaget Type to AHCI in BIO and Windows was not able to boot anymore. I recovered it by booting in Safe mode by the way...
  9. Unable to activate Windows 10 after reinstalling/resetting

Unable to activate Windows 10 after reinstalling/resetting: Hoping for some help when it comes to activating Windows 10 on my laptop. A bit of background: *When this laptop was purchased new it was running Windows 7, however I took advantage of the free upgrades when each new O/S was released. *Last night Windows installed an update...
  10. I unable to activate my windows 10, Error code: 0x8007007B

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I unable to activate my windows 10, Error code: 0x8007007B: I unable to activate my windows 10, Error code: 0x8007007B , can u provide me product key please! or provide me any link so that i can solve this problem, please help...