Windows 10: Unable to add a guest account to computer

Discus and support Unable to add a guest account to computer in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; how do I allow another person to access my computer in a guest account?... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ZahirBilal, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Unable to add a guest account to computer

how do I allow another person to access my computer in a guest account?

:)

ZahirBilal, Feb 28, 2019

2. Guest account disappeared...

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you wish to enable the Guest account on your computer.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to enable the guest account.

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the below command:

net user guest /active:yes
    Hope it helps.

Let us know if you have any further query Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Navneet Anand, Feb 28, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to delete the guest account:
    1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command: Code:
      Code:
      net user Guest /del

Vesao, Feb 28, 2019
  4. tsram90 Win User

Unable to add a guest account to computer

How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to disable the guest account:

1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command:

Code:

tsram90, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

Unable to add a guest account to computer

1. Unable to add a guest account to computer - Similar Threads - Unable add guest

2. How to add microsoft account without deleted guest account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add microsoft account without deleted guest account?: I have a new laptop and want to add my microsoft account, but my guest account is finished set up and personalized. How to add microsoft account without delete guest account?...
  3. Unable To Add Microsoft Account To Computer On Domain

Unable To Add Microsoft Account To Computer On Domain: Trying to associate my Microsoft account to my home computer that is joined to my home domain using Server 2019 essentials. I go to Settings -> Accounts -> E-Mail & Accounts Then click on "Add a Microsoft Account" I'm able to enter my e-mail address, and password in the...
  4. Guest account

Guest account: How do I add a guest account? The activate user command syntax given in a 2015 response is not correct. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/guest-account/53ac58a3-2342-4cd5-a6ea-391734922c21
  5. Guest account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Guest account: How so I add a Guest account to my PC? When I go through Settings/Accounts/Other People, I get the message that I can't use a "snapin" with this edition of Windows 10, and that I must use the User Accounts too in the Control Panel. When I try that, it simply opens the...
  6. Unable to add account to computer

Unable to add account to computer: Latest Windows 10, fresh install Adding an account to the computer for my mother "How will this person sign in?" I put in her email address "Looks like this isn't a Microsoft account. Try another email or sign up for a new one." I thought it already was, but...
  7. can I add a guest account

can I add a guest account: I would like to add a guest account like I could do with windows 7 rather that an account for each person that wants to use my computer is this possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-add-a-guest-account/95dec857-fbf7-4ce9-9bad-c2cdef43591f
  8. Guest account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Guest account: I asked this before but was unable to view any replies. My friend has a small business. He allows patrons to use his computer. Someone goes into settings and turns off the security and updates. How do I make an admin account for him with a password, and then make an open...
  9. Add Guest Account

Add Guest Account: How to add guest account that don't need password at startup, can somebody tell me?? 28594
  10. Add Guest Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Guest Account in Windows 10: How to: Add Guest Account in Windows 10 How to Add a Guest Account in Windows 10 A guest account is a local account for users who don't have a permanent account on your PC or domain. It allows people (guest/visitor) to use your PC without having access to your personal...