Windows 10: Unable to add a number to a contact in Microsoft People app

Discus and support Unable to add a number to a contact in Microsoft People app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I tried to add a number to a specific contact, but the screen froze and the app auto-exited. This has happened several times since. Needless to say, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AryeshAditya, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Unable to add a number to a contact in Microsoft People app

I tried to add a number to a specific contact, but the screen froze and the app auto-exited. This has happened several times since. Needless to say, I cannot solve the problem.

Any help would be appreciated...

:)

AryeshAditya, Mar 7, 2019
  2. LCRT Win User

The contacts list/people app on Microsoft Lumia 550

They're there because you configured the phone to do it. facebook doesn't magically configure itself.

Deleting facebook contacts is done in facebook.

To hide contacts from the people app, you can follow the suggestions listed in the above posts.

LCRT, Mar 7, 2019
  3. Linked Outlook Contacts Not Syncing with Windows 10 People App

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As you are unable to sync contacts in the People App, I suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left pane.
    • Click on “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

If the issue still persists, then remove and add the Yahoo account in the People App.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 7, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Unable to add a number to a contact in Microsoft People app

Unlink combined contacts - People app

Hi Ninaco,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

The People app is your address book. Combine contacts is a feature to link duplicates to a single contact to avoid confusion. To overcome the issue you’re facing, I suggest you to try the steps listed below:

Method 1

Unlink Contacts:

• Open People app, click on the contact that is linked, and select
      See More on the right pane.
    • Click on Separate for the contact you want to unlink.

Method 2

Reset People app:

If you’ve multiple contacts that are linked, resetting People app would unlink contacts and put everything in place.

• Exit People app, if open.
    • Open Settings and click on Apps.
    • Locate People app on the right pane and choose
      Advanced Options.
    • Click on Reset.

Once reset is complete, open People app to see if the contacts are still linked.

For more information regarding People app, refer People app help

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

Unable to add a number to a contact in Microsoft People app

1. Unable to add a number to a contact in Microsoft People app - Similar Threads - Unable add number

2. Microsoft People suggested contacts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft People suggested contacts: HiIt seems that Microsoft People is automatically creating contacts for people who sent me some emails in the past. I don't know how it works actualy, i simply see some contacts that i have never created appearing in my contact list. Could it be "Suggested contacts?"The...
  3. Microsoft People suggested contacts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft People suggested contacts: HiIt seems that Microsoft People is automatically creating contacts for people who sent me some emails in the past. I don't know how it works actualy, i simply see some contacts that i have never created appearing in my contact list. Could it be "Suggested contacts?"The...
  4. Add Contacts to People - from Bell account

in Browsers and Email
    Add Contacts to People - from Bell account: Hi all, I just set up another computer at work, Win10 Pro, and Im adding email accounts to Mail. This includes Bell accounts which are not listed and have to go under "Other" IP/POP. No problem. But when I wont to import contacts from these Bell accounts, the People app does...
  5. Can't add new account to Contacts people

Can't add new account to Contacts people: Hi, I am trying to add a new account to People/Contacts but I keep getting an error message 0x80004005. It's an pop/imap account. Can someone help me please. cheers,...
  6. contacts into the people app

contacts into the people app: I am setting up Windows 10 for a friend who uses an email provider where the contacts list does not appear to be compatible with the People App. I have saved the contacts list that was in windows live mail, stored on the windows 7 machine, as a csv file and vcf files. I...
  7. Can't add contacts from Windows 10 emails to people app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't add contacts from Windows 10 emails to people app: Recently upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. I can access my emails from my old POP3 account in the windows 10 mail app, but can't add the contacts from incomingnew emails into the people app. any suggestions?...
  8. contact list to people app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    contact list to people app: New computer with win 10. Set up all my email accounts in windows mail. moved contact list to new computer. How do I connect my contact list into People app so I can use them in email accounta?...
  9. People (contacts list) APP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    People (contacts list) APP: Why am I unable to edit my contacts list? When I click on a name and then click edit, the app seems to freeze up and then the app just shuts down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/people-contacts-list-app/489e52b2-0333-47d5-a9ab-c4b2b0d36bb3
  10. Importing contacts to People app

Importing contacts to People app: Why isn't there a simple way to import .csv or .vcf files into the Windows 10 People app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_people/importing-contacts-to-people-app/0d68f2a1-021b-436f-a663-d6cfd36ed24a