Windows 10: Unable to Add Account to the Mail app

Discus and support Unable to Add Account to the Mail app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Good afternoon, When attempting to Add an Account to the Mail app, I can go through the process of adding an account however nothing shows up after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MartinS_33, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Unable to Add Account to the Mail app

Good afternoon,

When attempting to Add an Account to the Mail app, I can go through the process of adding an account however nothing shows up after the account is added.

I added an IMAP work e-mail, it didn't show, when I tried to add it again it states "Account already exists. There's already an account set up to use m******@****************.com *************"

I then proceeded to do the same steps with my Yahoo e-mail account with the same results. Restarting the app/PC does nothing, the Mail app always defaults to the account add screen when you launch it, but if I try to re-add the Yahoo or Work e-mail I get the result that account already exists. Closing the account set-up screen just leaves the Welcome to Mail screen with Add account as the only option on the screen.

Steps I've tried so far:

Uninstalled Mail app utilizing get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* remove-appxpackage in PowerShell and reinstalled. Same issue remains.

Ran the below in PowerShell as well based on another Microsoft Support thread:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml” -Verbose}

Attempted to add the below in Command Prompt per another Microsoft Support thread:

DISM.exe /Online /Add-Capability /CapabilityName:OneCoreUAP.OneSync~~~~0.0.1.0

Any other tips would be great, because I'm about to just buy Outlook so I don't have to deal with this mess of an app.

:)

MartinS_33, Dec 4, 2020

2. Unable to add Gmail account in Mail app

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are trying to add Yahoo/Gmail email account in Mail app.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 currently installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the Version of Mail app installed?
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft Antivirus/security program installed?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that helps.

Steps to add Yahoo email in Mail app.

1. In yahoo mails account security, click on manage app passwords.
    2. After selecting other app and entering the new app name in the text box
    3. Now, in Windows 10 mail app, add this type of account.
    4. In Windows 10 mail app, enter your details and the password generated by step 2

Steps to add Gmail email in Mail app

Step 1: Connect your Google account to PC

1. Go to the Security section of your Google account
    2. Under Connected
      apps
      and sites, go to Apps
      connected to your account
    3. Make sure that Windows is on the list

Step 2: Enable IMAP on your Google account

1. Sign in to Gmail
    2. Click the gear in the top right
    3. Select Settings
    4. Click Forwarding
      and POP/IMAP

5. Select Enable IMAP
    6. Click Save Changes

Step 3: Add Gmail account.

1. Open Mail app.
    2. Click on the gear icon to open settings.
    3. Click on Manage account.
    4. Click on Add account.
    5. Now select Google and check if you are able to add the account.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 4, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Unable to Add Account to the Mail app :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 4, 2020
  4. Mala_S Win User

Unable to Add Account to the Mail app

Unable to add account on Mail app. Error - account already exists

Hello JackTexas,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I would suggest you few simple steps. Kindly follow the below steps.

Method 1:

• Sometimes it appears there are two different Outlook accounts with the same email address.
    • Right click and delete the accounts and close the app.
    • Reopen the Mail app which opens to the inbox screen but with no accounts created, so use the Settings pane to add a new correct email account. Once done hit the sync button.

Method 2: Delete all the files not folders from the location:

AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps.

Go to Mail app and try to add an account, if Mail app is not available, go ahead and download it from Store.

Method 3: Follow the steps provided by the article on how to
    set up email in the Mail app for Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Mala.S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

Unable to Add Account to the Mail app

1. Unable to Add Account to the Mail app - Similar Threads - Unable Add Account

2. Unable to add Gmail, or Yahoo accounts to the Windows Mail app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to add Gmail, or Yahoo accounts to the Windows Mail app.: I've updated to the latest Windows 10, updated the Windows Store, and all the apps, restarted several times but still have the problem, my two outlook.com accounts add just fine, but getting errors codes 0x80070490, and 0x80191019a when trying to add Gmail, and Yahoo...
  3. unable to add @outlook.com account to mail app

unable to add @outlook.com account to mail app: I have been trying to fix my outlook..com email account on the windows 10 mail app. I originally had my @outlook email account in the standard Win 10 Mail client. it would not let me access my emails and said I needed to "fix" something. each time I attempted to do this I...
  4. Unable to add Gmail account in Mail app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to add Gmail account in Mail app: Hi, I got into a problem that I can't add my Google and Yahoo account on mail apps of win 10. I'm sure that the problem doesn't related to any account issue because the apps is crashing when I click to add an account before the user and password page, that the...
  5. Unable to add an account to Mail

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to add an account to Mail: Just decided to try switching back to the built-in Mail app, but upon trying to add my account I get this error. If it matters the account I’m trying to add is a Microsoft account (and it’s connected to the user account I’m using) and it’s an Outlook email. submitted by...
  6. Not able to add accounts to Mail app.

Not able to add accounts to Mail app.: I am having issues adding a new account to the mail app. I already have added a Outlook.com & a gmail account without issue but when I am trying to add a second outlook.com account it just gets stuck at the creating account window. Have reset the app twice without success....
  7. Unable to add account on Mail app. Error - account already exists

Unable to add account on Mail app. Error - account already exists: i have an ooutlook account that is in windows 10 mail, i am tryikng to add another to wi 10 mail how do i do that , by the numbers please ??? here is basically what happens it presents the account i want to include . when i try to add it, it says it already exists and...
  8. Unable to add account on Mail app. Error - account already exists

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to add account on Mail app. Error - account already exists: i have an ooutlook account that is in windows 10 mail, i am tryikng to add another to wi 10 mail how do i do that , by the numbers please ??? here is basically what happens it presents the account i want to include . when i try to add it, it says it already exists and...
  9. Unable to add Mail account

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to add Mail account: Just downloaded 10565. From what trade press says, mail has been significantly improved (I've been using Thunderbird), so I thought I'd again give it a try. I had to add my account, so I clicked on Add Account, clicked on "Other Account", entered the Email address + Password...
  10. Unable to add any accounts in Mail and Calendar Apps

Unable to add any accounts in Mail and Calendar Apps: I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on a Sony VAIO laptop. I'm working through some issues but the one that is really annoying me is the inability to add any accounts to the Mail and Calendar apps. I have tried adding my Microsoft account as well as Exchange and other...