Windows 10: Unable to add an account to Mail

Discus and support Unable to add an account to Mail in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just decided to try switching back to the built-in Mail app, but upon trying to add my account I get this error. If it matters the account I’m trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FloatingMilkshake, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Unable to add an account to Mail

Just decided to try switching back to the built-in Mail app, but upon trying to add my account I get this error. If it matters the account I’m trying to add is a Microsoft account (and it’s connected to the user account I’m using) and it’s an Outlook email.

submitted by /u/FloatingMilkshake
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FloatingMilkshake, Apr 26, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 26, 2020
  3. Jayzilla Win User
    Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Apr 26, 2020
  4. Mala_S Win User

Unable to add an account to Mail

Unable to add account on Mail app. Error - account already exists

Hello JackTexas,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I would suggest you few simple steps. Kindly follow the below steps.

Method 1:

• Sometimes it appears there are two different Outlook accounts with the same email address.
    • Right click and delete the accounts and close the app.
    • Reopen the Mail app which opens to the inbox screen but with no accounts created, so use the Settings pane to add a new correct email account. Once done hit the sync button.

Method 2: Delete all the files not folders from the location:

AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps.

Go to Mail app and try to add an account, if Mail app is not available, go ahead and download it from Store.

Method 3: Follow the steps provided by the article on how to
    set up email in the Mail app for Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Mala.S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

Unable to add an account to Mail

1. Unable to add an account to Mail - Similar Threads - Unable add account

2. Unable to add email account to Windows Mail or others

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add email account to Windows Mail or others: Please help me out, this is driving me nuts.I rarely come across tech problems that I can't figure out, but I've really hit a dead end with this one.My grandmother is visiting from Poland and I'm helping her setup a new email account using a popular polish email provider...
  3. Unable to add email account to Windows Mail or others

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to add email account to Windows Mail or others: Please help me out, this is driving me nuts.I rarely come across tech problems that I can't figure out, but I've really hit a dead end with this one.My grandmother is visiting from Poland and I'm helping her setup a new email account using a popular polish email provider...
  4. Unable to Add Account to the Mail app

Unable to Add Account to the Mail app: Good afternoon, When attempting to Add an Account to the Mail app, I can go through the process of adding an account however nothing shows up after the account is added. I added an IMAP work e-mail, it didn't show, when I tried to add it again it states "Account already...
  5. unable to add @outlook.com account to mail app

unable to add @outlook.com account to mail app: I have been trying to fix my outlook..com email account on the windows 10 mail app. I originally had my @outlook email account in the standard Win 10 Mail client. it would not let me access my emails and said I needed to "fix" something. each time I attempted to do this I...
  6. Unable to add Gmail account in Mail app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to add Gmail account in Mail app: Hi, I got into a problem that I can't add my Google and Yahoo account on mail apps of win 10. I'm sure that the problem doesn't related to any account issue because the apps is crashing when I click to add an account before the user and password page, that the...
  7. Unable to add Gmail account to Windows Mail

Unable to add Gmail account to Windows Mail: After I've entered my Gmail credentials and allowed Windows to have access to my Google account, I get the following notification. It is pertinent that I find a way to add this account because I need the e-mail access for school, work, and various other things. The laptop is...
  8. Unable to add account on Mail app. Error - account already exists

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to add account on Mail app. Error - account already exists: i have an ooutlook account that is in windows 10 mail, i am tryikng to add another to wi 10 mail how do i do that , by the numbers please ??? here is basically what happens it presents the account i want to include . when i try to add it, it says it already exists and...
  9. Unable to add Mail account

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to add Mail account: Just downloaded 10565. From what trade press says, mail has been significantly improved (I've been using Thunderbird), so I thought I'd again give it a try. I had to add my account, so I clicked on Add Account, clicked on "Other Account", entered the Email address + Password...
  10. Unable to add any accounts in Mail and Calendar Apps

Unable to add any accounts in Mail and Calendar Apps: I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on a Sony VAIO laptop. I'm working through some issues but the one that is really annoying me is the inability to add any accounts to the Mail and Calendar apps. I have tried adding my Microsoft account as well as Exchange and other...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to add contacts in yahoo mail error message