Windows 10: Unable to add any accounts in Mail and Calendar Apps

Discus and support Unable to add any accounts in Mail and Calendar Apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on a Sony VAIO laptop. I'm working through some issues but the one that is really annoying me is the inability... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by StrayKatt, Aug 4, 2015.

1. StrayKatt Win User

Unable to add any accounts in Mail and Calendar Apps

I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on a Sony VAIO laptop. I'm working through some issues but the one that is really annoying me is the inability to add any accounts to the Mail and Calendar apps. I have tried adding my Microsoft account as well as Exchange and other types of accounts. No matter what I do, I get the "Something went wrong" error message. Is anyone else having this problem, and is there a solution? Thanks.

:)

StrayKatt, Aug 4, 2015

2. W10 Calendar Synching

Hey Felix, the mail, calendar and people apps are synced service from your online accounts. Add them in mail, calendar or people app settings.

So for example if you have any Outlook account for Microsoft account, set up your calendar, mail and contacts on it, add it to Mail in Manage Account settings and it will include your Calendar and Contacts (People) in those apps.

You can also any other Mail, calendar or Contacts you have in online or Office accounts and these will sync to those apps as you choose.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Aug 4, 2015
  3. mail/agenda: no accounts

I do not have any account in my mail/calendar app. Because off a errorcode, something like x8007004, it would not sync. So I tried to remove and add my account. but by pushing "+" I did not get a list or a field to conect an account to mail/calendar app.
    One button was accesable: Close.

How do I reconnect my account to de mail/calendar-app?

JohanV1972, Aug 4, 2015
  4. Titus Win User

Hi StrayKatt,
    Like you I've just upgraded from Win 7.
    I currently use Outlook 2013 and sync with Gmail so I thought I'd have a look at the built in Win 10 apps. I'm unable to add an account from any of the apps (Mail, Calendar or People) or from Settings.
    I click on + Add An Account and absolutely nothing happens.
    I have no idea what's going on so, like you, I'd appreciate some advice.

T

Titus, Aug 6, 2015
  5. ChrisZ11 Win User
    I went into the Settings for the Email program or icon on my Surface Pro 3 and deleted my Exchange Account. I then re-installed the account from scratch and all my emails and calendar items starting coming in to the newly reinstalled account.

ChrisZ11, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to add any accounts in Mail and Calendar Apps - Similar Threads - Unable add accounts

2. Unable to Add Account to the Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Add Account to the Mail app: Good afternoon, When attempting to Add an Account to the Mail app, I can go through the process of adding an account however nothing shows up after the account is added. I added an IMAP work e-mail, it didn't show, when I tried to add it again it states "Account already...
  3. Can't add calendars to Mail app

Can't add calendars to Mail app: Hi, I am using the Windows 10 Mail app. I would like to add a calendar to it. However when i go to Calendar -> Add Calendars not much happens. A blank page appears, the circle is running endlessly and there is no change. I am connected to the internet. I have restarted...
  4. unable to add @outlook.com account to mail app

unable to add @outlook.com account to mail app: I have been trying to fix my outlook..com email account on the windows 10 mail app. I originally had my @outlook email account in the standard Win 10 Mail client. it would not let me access my emails and said I needed to "fix" something. each time I attempted to do this I...
  5. Unable to add Gmail account in Mail app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to add Gmail account in Mail app: Hi, I got into a problem that I can't add my Google and Yahoo account on mail apps of win 10. I'm sure that the problem doesn't related to any account issue because the apps is crashing when I click to add an account before the user and password page, that the...
  6. Unable to add an account to Mail

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to add an account to Mail: Just decided to try switching back to the built-in Mail app, but upon trying to add my account I get this error. If it matters the account I’m trying to add is a Microsoft account (and it’s connected to the user account I’m using) and it’s an Outlook email. submitted by...
  7. Unable to add gmail account to calendar app

Unable to add gmail account to calendar app: Hi, I have a problem with the calendar app. I want to connect a certain one of my two Gmail accounts to the calendar app. When I click the settings button then 'manage account', I can see that my Gmail account is connected. However, when I look at the calendars, it says I...
  8. Cannot add Hotmail or gmail account to Mail and Calendar App

Cannot add Hotmail or gmail account to Mail and Calendar App: Hi I was logged on with my non admin account and tried to add a gmail account to Mail and Calendar app - error 0x8004005. Uninstalled app and downloaded and reinstalled. Same result Signed in with my admin account and same message. Tried to add a Microsoft account and got...
  9. Unable to add Mail account

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to add Mail account: Just downloaded 10565. From what trade press says, mail has been significantly improved (I've been using Thunderbird), so I thought I'd again give it a try. I had to add my account, so I clicked on Add Account, clicked on "Other Account", entered the Email address + Password...
  10. Cannot add any accounts to Mail, Calendar or People apps

Cannot add any accounts to Mail, Calendar or People apps: When I try to add an account to the Mail, Calendar or People apps I get a "Something went wrong" error, code 0x80070422. I have run sfc /scannow, DISM /cleanup-image etc, tried stopping and starting the credential manager and setting it to start automatically, but no luck....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mail and calendar unable to add account

2. inability to connect to microsoft account and solution on windows phone 8.1