Windows 10: Unable to add any printers due to an accidental change in security settings

Discus and support Unable to add any printers due to an accidental change in security settings in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have 2 wireless printers. I am the only user/administrator for my laptop with Windows 10. Somehow, when i went in to look at security access, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Wintergreen 3116, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Unable to add any printers due to an accidental change in security settings

I have 2 wireless printers. I am the only user/administrator for my laptop with Windows 10. Somehow, when i went in to look at security access, I removed MYSELF from access to manage printers. I have tried everything...removing and adding back, updating and resetting hard drive, just to name a few.

I spent 3 hours on the phone with Microsoft, who had fo escalate the problem, and they still couldnt figure it out. Please, anyone??

Thank you

:)

Wintergreen 3116, Jun 5, 2019
  2. elleswett Win User

Win 10 changes printer settings if not a default printer

I understand this. My question was a work around that. If you are printing multiple documents and having to go in between label printer and regular printer, setting the printer default manually is an extra step that will not suffice due to it's inefficiency.
    Other suggestion?

elleswett, Jun 5, 2019
  3. Unable to perform print and change the print settings.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer and the printer?

• What is the exact problem that you are facing?

• Did you change any print settings?

• Is the printer getting detected?

• Did you install any third party security application?
    If you are unable to print and as an initial troubleshooting step,
    I suggest you to run printer troubleshooter and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click Printer.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Unable to add any printers due to an accidental change in security settings

how do i change disconnected setting to connected setting on my printer

Hi Robert,

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound.
    • Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.
    I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check if it helps. It helps in checking settings, installing drivers and identifying and fixing the printer issues.

Fix printer problems: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue with the Printer. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

Unable to add any printers due to an accidental change in security settings

1. Unable to add any printers due to an accidental change in security settings - Similar Threads - Unable add printers

2. Unable to Add Device printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Add Device printer: In an effort to reconnect my HP laptop and wireless HP 5741 printer so I can print without the printer cord, I uninstalled the drivers after trying just about every other option. Now when I try to add a device the window pops up for an instant and goes away. Same thing in...
  3. Unable to Add Device printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Add Device printer: In an effort to reconnect my HP laptop and wireless HP 5741 printer so I can print without the printer cord, I uninstalled the drivers after trying just about every other option. Now when I try to add a device the window pops up for an instant and goes away. Same thing in...
  4. Unable to Add Device printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Accidental change of security settings on D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidental change of security settings on D drive: Hello. I accidentally kicked on Deny permissions for my C drive and now I can't access it. Can anyone help me undo my ridiculous mistakeplease?...
  6. Accidental change of security settings on D drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidental change of security settings on D drive: Hello. I accidentally kicked on Deny permissions for my C drive and now I can't access it. Can anyone help me undo my ridiculous mistakeplease?...
  7. Unable to add bluetooth devices/printers from Settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to add bluetooth devices/printers from Settings: I don't know when this issue has started, but now I can't add bluetooth devices nor printers anymore. When I click on Add Bluetooth or other device under Bluetooth & other devices, it asks me the kind of device I want to add, if I click on any of the options, it immediately...
  8. Unable to change any settings in "Windows Security"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to change any settings in "Windows Security": I am running Windows 10 Home. For the past several months, I have been unable to change any settings in any of the areas of the Windows Security app. Ie, I can't toggle Real-time protection on or off. It is stuck in the On position and immediately flips back on On when I...
  9. pin no longer available due to change to security settings

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    pin no longer available due to change to security settings: I'm traveling and do not have my password. I use my pin. Since the latest MS win 10 update I can no longer login. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-no-longer-available-due-to-change-to-security/bd37606c-b206-4f41-ac54-e4608bd39ff9
  10. Your PIN is no longer due to a change change to security settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Your PIN is no longer due to a change change to security settings: I cannot login using my PIN anymore: "Your PIN is no longer due to a change change to security settings" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/your-pin-is-no-longer-due-to-a-change-change-to/c6380455-ab4f-4584-a4df-ef3dec176627"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to add any printers