Windows 10: Unable to add attachments to my Hotmail emails

Discus and support Unable to add attachments to my Hotmail emails in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, All was fine up until a week or so ago. I am now unable to add any attachments to my emails in Hotmail. I have set up a gmail account just to see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JonBeer, Jul 12, 2019.

1. JonBeer Win User

Unable to add attachments to my Hotmail emails

Hi,

All was fine up until a week or so ago. I am now unable to add any attachments to my emails in Hotmail. I have set up a gmail account just to see if that would work and it did - I was able to send an email with an attachment with no problem. So it would seem to be something specific to Hotmail. Any ideas?

Jon

:)

JonBeer, Jul 12, 2019

2. email attachments

Hello Allan,

To attach a document file on an email, you can follow the step given below:

For Windows 10 Mobile:

• Launch to File Explorer app.
    • Press and hold the file that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select Outlook Mail on the suggested applications.

For Windows Phone 8.1:

• Download and install
      Files
      app.
    • Launch Files app.
    • Tap and hold the document that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select the Mail app on the suggested applications.

Feel free to post back if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Jul 12, 2019
  3. iant67 Win User
    Email Issues since intalling W 10

I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 on 1st August. My issues are that
    1. I am now unable to send emails in Outlook 365
    2. I am unable to open attachments on incoming emails
    When I boot the machine the sequence goes to the start screen displaying my Hotmail account name and requests my Hotmail password. I have never used the Hotmail account for anything other than the Office 365 account - never email. I have two other email accounts I use for my email. Could this login be affecting my email? if so how do I reset the login so that everything works as before?

iant67, Jul 12, 2019
  4. Unable to add attachments to my Hotmail emails

Attaching files to email

Since I upgraded to Windows 10 a couple days ago I am unable to attach a file to an email. I go through the normal steps and click attach and it thinks about it for about 5 seconds and then just goes back to the email with no attachment.

MelAnn1969, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

Unable to add attachments to my Hotmail emails

1. Unable to add attachments to my Hotmail emails - Similar Threads - Unable add attachments

2. Computer freezes when attempting to add an attachment to email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes when attempting to add an attachment to email: NOTE: The following is true whether I'm using any one of my email accounts on Gmail or Outlook, or if my browser is Firefox, Chrome or Edge... I can attach a document to an email for maybe 3 or 4 times in a row, then on the very next attempt, the computer freezes, and I have...
  3. Computer freezes when attempting to add an attachment to email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes when attempting to add an attachment to email: NOTE: The following is true whether I'm using any one of my email accounts on Gmail or Outlook, or if my browser is Firefox, Chrome or Edge... I can attach a document to an email for maybe 3 or 4 times in a row, then on the very next attempt, the computer freezes, and I have...
  4. Delete old hotmail/outlook web based email cached attachments

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Delete old hotmail/outlook web based email cached attachments: I have a whole wrath of old attachments in older outlook online web based email account PC Windows 10 When i search and list i can only view or download one by one . I do not have any options or pull down windows to delete these files I wish to delete a wrath of these old...
  5. Delete old hotmail/outlook web based email cached attachments

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete old hotmail/outlook web based email cached attachments: I have a whole wrath of old attachments in older outlook online web based email account PC Windows 10 When i search and list i can only view or download one by one . I do not have any options or pull down windows to delete these files I wish to delete a wrath of these old...
  6. Unable to attach documents to email

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to attach documents to email: I have Windows 10, but do not have Office, therefore I am unable to use Word. I bought a word processor, called Atlantis a number of years ago, which works fine for me. However, to-day I wanted to attach a file from Atlantis and it came up in Gobbledegook. Is Microsoft...
  7. Unable to add Email Alias to my account.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to add Email Alias to my account.: I am unable to add an email alias to my Microsoft Account. It is a personal email address, the error message I receive is: You can't add a work or school email address as an alias to a personal Microsoft account. Please try another....
  8. Unable to see email content or attachments

Unable to see email content or attachments: Unable to see email content or attachments using the default windows 10 mail app using my recently purchased windows surface book 3. The account is gmail. For the same email - i can see the respective content and attachments - when viewed through mobile phone....
  9. Hotmail. emails

Hotmail. emails: Ls. Ihave two email adresses , hotmail.com, in mail from windows. These are synchronised with other mail adresses. These two email adresses are getiing a warning sign regular and if I put the password in the system it will not help. I also do noetb receive email on these...
  10. unable to open emails in hotmail with any browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unable to open emails in hotmail with any browser: I am unable to open any email in hotmail in win 10 home. Error message " unable to complete download. Try again later". This is happening 2 days now. I am using Acer Aspire A315-21-99ES Sam...