Windows 10: Unable to add attachments to my Hotmail emails

Discus and support Unable to add attachments to my Hotmail emails in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, All was fine up until a week or so ago. I am now unable to add any attachments to my emails in Hotmail. I have set up a gmail account just to see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JonBeer, Jul 12, 2019.

1. JonBeer Win User

Unable to add attachments to my Hotmail emails

Hi,

All was fine up until a week or so ago. I am now unable to add any attachments to my emails in Hotmail. I have set up a gmail account just to see if that would work and it did - I was able to send an email with an attachment with no problem. So it would seem to be something specific to Hotmail. Any ideas?

Jon

:)

JonBeer, Jul 12, 2019

2. email attachments

Hello Allan,

To attach a document file on an email, you can follow the step given below:

For Windows 10 Mobile:

• Launch to File Explorer app.
    • Press and hold the file that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select Outlook Mail on the suggested applications.

For Windows Phone 8.1:

• Download and install
      Files
      app.
    • Launch Files app.
    • Tap and hold the document that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select the Mail app on the suggested applications.

Feel free to post back if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Jul 12, 2019
  3. iant67 Win User
    Email Issues since intalling W 10

I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 on 1st August. My issues are that
    1. I am now unable to send emails in Outlook 365
    2. I am unable to open attachments on incoming emails
    When I boot the machine the sequence goes to the start screen displaying my Hotmail account name and requests my Hotmail password. I have never used the Hotmail account for anything other than the Office 365 account - never email. I have two other email accounts I use for my email. Could this login be affecting my email? if so how do I reset the login so that everything works as before?

iant67, Jul 12, 2019
  4. Unable to add attachments to my Hotmail emails

Attaching files to email

Since I upgraded to Windows 10 a couple days ago I am unable to attach a file to an email. I go through the normal steps and click attach and it thinks about it for about 5 seconds and then just goes back to the email with no attachment.

MelAnn1969, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

Unable to add attachments to my Hotmail emails

1. Unable to add attachments to my Hotmail emails - Similar Threads - Unable add attachments

2. Windows 10. Unable to send email with attachment.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10. Unable to send email with attachment.: Cannot send email with attachments in Windiws 10. Using Icloud. rcvd error message from Windows advising could not send but no reason giving....
  3. Attach to Email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Attach to Email: In file explorer, I'm selecting individual files as attachments. Is there a way to choose them all and attach all together?. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/attach-to-email/5e18390f-fb00-483f-9b39-45fef8e5e70c"
  4. Printing an attachment to an email

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing an attachment to an email: I don't know how to get my printer to print an attachment on to an email. It's printing on to paper O.K. It's not the printer's fault, it's me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-an-attachment-to-an-email/228e0763-a586-4090-af0a-ebb6c077b692
  5. Cannot accesss my Hotmail Email Account

Cannot accesss my Hotmail Email Account: I cannot log into my Hotmail Email account. I had all my devises synced to access my Yahoo Account and Gmail account by log into Gmail. My other two accounts were displayed and accessible. They have just disappeared and I cannot access Hotmail via IE. I need help...
  6. hotmail - I want to delete 1 of hotmails (email)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hotmail - I want to delete 1 of hotmails (email): I want to delete 1 of 2 hotmail (email) accounts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hotmail-i-want-to-delete-1-of-hotmails-email/40c42ed3-87f1-46f6-abe0-b3153a138791"
  7. attaching photos to emails

attaching photos to emails: hello, when I try to attach photos to emails I get a blue box with a large number under it instead of the actual picture. I have to try and figure out what pic it is by the number. how do I get the actual picture to show up when I try to attach it. thank you....
  8. Email attachment

Email attachment: How do I attach a saved document to an outgoing email? A series of export.pdf documents? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-attachment/50753f16-8e21-4287-831c-4e5e2ad2e1bd"
  9. Email Attachments

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email Attachments: I am using the mail application on my Surface Pro 4 with multiple email accounts. I have reset the program, uninstalled my accounts and reinstalled and tried to change the security. For a short time the application will work appropriately and attachments will show in...
  10. My email video attachment will not open

in Windows 10 Customization
    My email video attachment will not open: When I receive an email with a video attached it will not open unless I download it first. It used to open immediately when I clicked on it. I am using Windows 10 and my email is with Gmail. This started about 2 months ago. Has anyone else experienced this and can they advise...