Windows 10: Unable to add bluetooth devices/printers from Settings

Discus and support Unable to add bluetooth devices/printers from Settings in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I don't know when this issue has started, but now I can't add bluetooth devices nor printers anymore. When I click on Add Bluetooth or other device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Pipodi, Nov 7, 2020.

1. /u/Pipodi Win User

Unable to add bluetooth devices/printers from Settings

I don't know when this issue has started, but now I can't add bluetooth devices nor printers anymore. When I click on Add Bluetooth or other device under Bluetooth & other devices, it asks me the kind of device I want to add, if I click on any of the options, it immediately crashes, closes and brings me back to Bluetooth & other devices menu.

Same with Printers & Scanners, but worse. When I click on Add, Settings crashes and closes.

I don't know even how to get logs or some diagnostics but this bug is driving me nuts.

EDIT: All the bluetooth devices already paired with my pc work flawlessly. I'm using a TP-Link bluetooth dongle.

submitted by /u/Pipodi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Pipodi, Nov 7, 2020

2. windows 10 VERY slow when trying to open Devices & Printers?

Windows still has a MS-version of Bluetooth stack, and running BT services by default.
    Didn't pay attention to the fact that you don't have a Bluetooth adapter.
    Scratch my previous suggestion, and disable everything bluetooth-related in services. If that does not help - check network and sharing settings.
    Devices and Printers manager also looks for network-attached multimedia devices (e.g. PCs with streaming service enabled) and network printers. If you by any chance changed network/homegroup settings on your additional PCs, then it could've affected the discovery speed on your computer. Still not sure how to fix it.

silentbogo, Nov 7, 2020
  3. Try3 Win User
    Cannot use bluetooth device

1 Pairing is done in Settings, Devices
    1.1 You click on Add Bluetooth or other device
    1.2 You choose Bluetooth
    1.3 If there is a pairing button on the bluetooth device itself then you press that now. You need to check the instructions for your bluetooth device to see how to do this - several automatically go into pairing mode when they switch on, others have a button that needs to be pressed for, say, 5 seconds.
    1.4 The computer detects all available bluetooth devices and you select yours from the list. If yours is not on the list then Windows could not detect it.
    1.5 It connects - pairing includes connecting
    1.6 The computer sounds a buzz in the earpiece then displays Your device is ready to go and you click on Done
    1.7 The device is shown in the devices list below the subheading Audio and it shows it as connected
    1.8 The device should also appear in Control panel, Sounds, Playback tab
    1.9 The device should also appear in Control panel, Devices & printers
    1.10 {I just paired some bluetooth earphones as I typed so I could make sure these notes were correct} You use a music player and the sound comes out of the bluetooth earphones

2 If this is not happening for you then go to Contol panel, Devices & printers
    2.1 Right-click on the device & select Remove device
    2.2 You can now try pairing from scratch again
    2.3 Several other users have reported that only removing the device with Bluetooth command line tools - BluetoothInstaller allowed them to re-pair again [see xzion's guidance below]
    2.4 Yet others reported that only the KeithM code or Bungee's guidance worked for them [see below]

3 Where is this all going wrong for you?
    [I assume we are definitely talking about bluetooth headphones/earphones. I understand that WiFi ones do also exist.]

4 Additional guidance -

Unpair a Bluetooth Device - TenForumsTutorials
    Connect a Bluetooth device in Windows - Windows Help

Steps to completely remove a belutooth device so pairing can be done again [post #9, xzion] - TenForums
    Steps to completely remove a belutooth device so pairing can be done again [post #22, KeithM] - TenForums
    Steps to completely remove a belutooth device so pairing can be done again [post #39, Bungee] - TenForums
    Several people registered in TenForums just to be able to thanks xzion, KeithM & Bungee. Apparently, what worked for some people did not work for others so each solution seems worth trying.

Denis

Try3, Nov 7, 2020
  4. Unable to add bluetooth devices/printers from Settings

Cannot use bluetooth device

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

ameneses54, Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

Unable to add bluetooth devices/printers from Settings

1. Unable to add bluetooth devices/printers from Settings - Similar Threads - Unable add bluetooth

2. Unable to Add Device printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Add Device printer: In an effort to reconnect my HP laptop and wireless HP 5741 printer so I can print without the printer cord, I uninstalled the drivers after trying just about every other option. Now when I try to add a device the window pops up for an instant and goes away. Same thing in...
  3. Unable to Add Device printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Add Device printer: In an effort to reconnect my HP laptop and wireless HP 5741 printer so I can print without the printer cord, I uninstalled the drivers after trying just about every other option. Now when I try to add a device the window pops up for an instant and goes away. Same thing in...
  4. Unable to Add Device printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. 'Add Bluetooth Device' and 'Add Printer' No Longer Working

'Add Bluetooth Device' and 'Add Printer' No Longer Working: Hi,I am facing an issue where my Bluetooth seems to work fine but I can no longer add any new Bluetooth devices. Similarly, I can no longer add any new printers.First the Bluetooth, the problem occurs when I click the "add Bluetooth or other device" button, the small window...
  6. Windows 11 - UNABLE TO ADD DEVICE Setting > Bluetooth & Devices >Printers & Scanner > ADD...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - UNABLE TO ADD DEVICE Setting > Bluetooth & Devices >Printers & Scanner > ADD...: When I hit Add Device Setting > Bluetooth & Devices >Printers & Scanner > ADD DEVICE the option gets greyed out and it keeps spinning. Also unable to delete old printers tried deleting from devices, from device manager and registryMy printer was working a month ago as I was...
  7. Windows 11 - UNABLE TO ADD DEVICE Setting > Bluetooth & Devices >Printers & Scanner > ADD...

Windows 11 - UNABLE TO ADD DEVICE Setting > Bluetooth & Devices >Printers & Scanner > ADD...: When I hit Add Device Setting > Bluetooth & Devices >Printers & Scanner > ADD DEVICE the option gets greyed out and it keeps spinning. Also unable to delete old printers tried deleting from devices, from device manager and registryMy printer was working a month ago as I was...
  8. unable to add new devices printers/scanners/bluetooth etc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to add new devices printers/scanners/bluetooth etc: Hi, ever since upgrading to windows 11, I've been unable to add new devices to my system.Directly plugged in USB devices being the exception. Keyboards, mice etc work fine.Anything that requires the use of the "add device" button causes the settings screen to hang. This...
  9. unable to add new devices printers/scanners/bluetooth etc

unable to add new devices printers/scanners/bluetooth etc: Hi, ever since upgrading to windows 11, I've been unable to add new devices to my system.Directly plugged in USB devices being the exception. Keyboards, mice etc work fine.Anything that requires the use of the "add device" button causes the settings screen to hang. This...
  10. Can't add device in Device and Printers or Add bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't add device in Device and Printers or Add bluetooth devices: I'm trying to connect some Bluetooth earbuds I have with an adapter I just bought. I know for a fact the adapter works it just doesnt work on my computer. Any time I try clicking on either add device in Device and Printers tab or Add bluetooth device the box opens up for a...