Windows 10: Unable to add CPIME as a keyboard method on a desktop.

Discus and support Unable to add CPIME as a keyboard method on a desktop. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Trying to add CPIME as a keyboard method from a desktop PC, but this option is still grayed out. Before a workaround was: using old style Control panel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Alex_tym, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Alex_tym Win User

Unable to add CPIME as a keyboard method on a desktop.

Trying to add CPIME as a keyboard method from a desktop PC, but this option is still grayed out. Before a workaround was: using old style Control panel with an access to Language settings, where this option was available. But now old style control panel does not have 'Language' section.

How can I enable CPIME on my desktop PC?

:)

Alex_tym, Sep 19, 2018

2. Desktop Keyboard

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to run the Hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

I suggest you to try running the Hardware and Device troubleshooter and check.

a. Press Windows Key + X key, Click on Control Panel.

b. Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

c. Click on Hardware and Sound, click on Hardware and Devices.

d. Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Update keyboard drivers.

I suggest you to update the keyboard drivers and check if helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device manager.
    • Click on Keyboards.
    • Right-click on the Keyboards and click on
      Update driver software.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Keyboard layout Mouse and Keyboard not working

Hi Matthew,

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

• Did you make any changes in the system settings prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to login to the desktop using the keyboard layout?
    If you are not able to login to the desktop I suggest you to open the On screen keyboard which is available at the right side of the ease of access available during the login screen and then enter the desktop mode.

Follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the Hardware troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search bar and then Enter
    • Now type Hardware Troubleshooter in the search option.
    3. Click on Hardware troubleshooter to run the troubleshooter.

Further you can try updating the driver software.

Method 2: Update the touchpad driver:

Follow these steps to update the driver.

• Press “Windows Key + X” from the keyboard.
    • Type “Device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.
    • Right click on the touchpad drivers and select
      “Update Driver Software”.
    • Restart the computer.
    Please follow the same above methods and in place of touchpad select the Keyboard for the keyboard drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Sep 20, 2018
  4. Pavan_N Win User

keyboard works in BIOS but not on desktop

Hi Alex,

Thank you for update and reply.

I apologize for delay in response.

Please answer these question to assist you better.

1. What is the make and model of your computer and keyboard?

2. Do you get any error message?

3. Have you tried connecting a different keyboard and check?

I suggest you to use a different keyboard and check if you are able to use with your computer. If you are using desktop you can also try connecting keyboard to a different USB and check.

If the above suggestion doesn’t help. Follow Methods below.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

1. Press Windows key + X key and select Control Panel.

2. Type troubleshooting in search box and Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click Hardware and Devices.

5. Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.

If issue persists follow next Method.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the keyboard drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the keyboard drivers:

1. Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.

2. Right-click on the keyboard device listed and click on
    ‘Uninstall’.

3. Restart the computer after its uninstalled.

Note: Install latest drivers from manufacturer website.

Hope this information helps. Kindly post back with the updated issue details for further assistance.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to add CPIME as a keyboard method on a desktop. - Similar Threads - Unable add CPIME

2. Unable to add folders and apps to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add folders and apps to desktop: I've been unable to add folders and apps to my desktop after I decided to delete all the widgets I had previously installed. I've tried resetting my desktop setting and adding shortcuts multiple ways, and I can't get anything to work. Is there a way that I could have set a...
  3. Unable to add folders and apps to desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to add folders and apps to desktop: I've been unable to add folders and apps to my desktop after I decided to delete all the widgets I had previously installed. I've tried resetting my desktop setting and adding shortcuts multiple ways, and I can't get anything to work. Is there a way that I could have set a...
  4. Unable to add keyboard: "Input Method Editor Desktop Only"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add keyboard: "Input Method Editor Desktop Only": I am trying to add this keyboard, but the option is greyed out for some reason. I have tried to remove and reinstall both the language and the input method, but nothing seems to make it work.It was like this when I first installed this input method, but it worked fine and...
  5. Unable to add keyboard: "Input Method Editor Desktop Only"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to add keyboard: "Input Method Editor Desktop Only": I am trying to add this keyboard, but the option is greyed out for some reason. I have tried to remove and reinstall both the language and the input method, but nothing seems to make it work.It was like this when I first installed this input method, but it worked fine and...
  6. CPIME Input Method

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CPIME Input Method: My CPIME input method is greyed out. I've tried the methods in this website: FAQ: Windows 10 Cantonese Phonetic IME CPIME greyed out :: Pinyin Joe but nothing seems to work....
  7. Unable to add payment method

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to add payment method: Hi There, I'm unable to add payment method using a credit card based out of India, could you please help resolve this error. Here's the error Check the info you entered. It doesn't match the info for this card. I've checked with my bank and there are no issues with the...
  8. Can not add keyboard, Keyboard input methods are lost

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can not add keyboard, Keyboard input methods are lost: Please help me, keyboard input methods are lost[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-add-keyboard-keyboard-input-methods-are/4e8372a5-f07d-4118-9864-51df928d153e
  9. How to add payment method

How to add payment method: I want to add a payment method, it is a netbanking option for the Microsoft Store. Is it possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-payment-method/6e29d9a8-4aff-468c-91a6-1914f56f6f75
  10. issue for add payment method

issue for add payment method: ''Check the info you entered. It doesn't match the info for this card." it's show on screen but i fill all detial corectlly ,so why i am seen this....? and what can i do...?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cpime input method gray out