Windows 10: Unable to add email a/c to Mail for WIN 10.

Discus and support Unable to add email a/c to Mail for WIN 10. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Tried removing eml a/c ,rebooting & reloading . Still get "Attention required/update password" loop . (Account works fine in WLM and on Web) Mail... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Chris Jacob _977, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Unable to add email a/c to Mail for WIN 10.

Tried removing eml a/c ,rebooting & reloading .

Still get "Attention required/update password" loop .

(Account works fine in WLM and on Web)

Mail is supposed to be the simple option for migrating from WLM .Can someone prove it ?!

:)

Chris Jacob _977, Oct 17, 2018
  2. bobkat Win User

win live mail problems in win 10

Suddenly my email has gone haywire.
    My App for win live mail has a shield on it that means I have to open it as admin, and I get a box asking me if I want to let this programme to make changes.

When mail opens I invariably get a box asking me to enter my password. Further, I have two addresses. one for me and another for my wife, each has a different email address but both mail lists appear on my PC and also on my wifes PC.

I also get asked for the password for her address. On my PC I no longer get her emails but mine list in both her and my mail boxes. On her PC she gets both her and my emails listing correctly.

I have no idea why this has suddenly happened. I got a new password for mail a few months ago and it worked fine. but now I am getting thiese problems.

In addition it may be part of the same problem, If I try to open the app for BT Desktop Help on my PC it says that I do not have explorer 6 or higher and it will not open. I am using WIn 10 with Edge. I thought that the programme worked with Win 10.

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

Thanks

bobkat, Oct 17, 2018
  3. unable to see email in Mail App

Hi Chris,

Please provide us with the build version of the Windows for better clarity of the issue. To check the build number, follow the below steps.

• Press the hotkey Win + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog.

• In the Run dialog, type winver and press Enter.

• This will open the About Windows window displaying the Windows version and the build number in it.

I suggest you to run the App troubleshooter from the below link and check if the issue you can see the emails in the subfolders.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to install any pending updates in the Computer and check if the issue is resolved. Follow the below steps to install any pending updates:

• Press Windows key+ I to open the Settings.
    • Click on Update & security, then click on
      Windows Update.
    • Select Check for updates. If Windows Update says that your PC is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to refer to the below link and try the troubleshooting steps provided, and check if the issue still persist.

https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...ndows-10-0dd86c69-18f3-4f73-9d3d-375bdc9c3e34

Hope you can see the emails in the mail App.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Oct 17, 2018
  4. dalchina Win User

Unable to add email a/c to Mail for WIN 10.

Win 10 Mail Executable?

Hi, have you visited Firetrust (Mailwasher's site) or tried a general search?

I found:
    Using mailwasher pro with Win 10 email client - Firetrust Support Forums

I'm guessing the problem is you don't have Mail listed in the drop-down mail programs to select it as the client to be launched after 'washing' your mail.

Note the suggestions in that forum to use e.g. Thunderbird.

(I use Spamihilator- similar features, but is linked by means of the account, not the name of the program, acting purely as a mail filter. I use Pop peeper linked to Spamihilator first, which preprocesses my mail and allows me to read and reply to it, and scan multiple accounts, so in a way that combination acts rather like Mailwasher.

Then I use Thunderbird to receive, sort and store emails, also linked via its account settings to Spamihilator).

dalchina, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

Unable to add email a/c to Mail for WIN 10.

1. Unable to add email a/c to Mail for WIN 10. - Similar Threads - Unable add email

2. Unable to add email account to Windows Mail or others

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add email account to Windows Mail or others: Please help me out, this is driving me nuts.I rarely come across tech problems that I can't figure out, but I've really hit a dead end with this one.My grandmother is visiting from Poland and I'm helping her setup a new email account using a popular polish email provider...
  3. Unable to add email account to Windows Mail or others

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to add email account to Windows Mail or others: Please help me out, this is driving me nuts.I rarely come across tech problems that I can't figure out, but I've really hit a dead end with this one.My grandmother is visiting from Poland and I'm helping her setup a new email account using a popular polish email provider...
  4. Unable to add email account to windows 10 mail client

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to add email account to windows 10 mail client: I am unable to add email account to windows 10 mail client. As soon as I launch the app it gives the error "Cant' create account, your company won't allow you to create that type of account. For more info, contact your company's support person"....
  5. Unable to add an account to Mail

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to add an account to Mail: Just decided to try switching back to the built-in Mail app, but upon trying to add my account I get this error. If it matters the account I’m trying to add is a Microsoft account (and it’s connected to the user account I’m using) and it’s an Outlook email. submitted by...
  6. I'm unable to add an email in Windwos 10's "Mail" app

I'm unable to add an email in Windwos 10's "Mail" app: I already have 3 emails in there but I can't add a 4th one (it gets stuck at the moment after I typed the email and password info and then the pop up starts processing the result. It shows a message "creating account" but nothing further happens. No new account is added to...
  7. unable to add new email in Control Panel -> Mail app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unable to add new email in Control Panel -> Mail app: Hi, I have been trying to add new email in control panel -> mail app After entering the email and password in the following screen and with the 'next' button clicked The following screen displayed and prompts for my password again. It keeps prompting for...
  8. Windows 10 Mail won't add email accounts

Windows 10 Mail won't add email accounts: Hello I would like to use windows 10 mail. I click on mail and then go to add account. I click on outlook.com and then type in the my outlook.com online user name and password. I then get this message. [ATTACH] I have tried a google email address but I get the same message....
  9. Windows 10 Mail won't add email accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Mail won't add email accounts: Hello I would like to use windows 10 mail. I click on mail and then go to add account. I click on outlook.com and then type in the my outlook.com online user name and password. I then get this message. [ATTACH] I have tried a google email address but I get the same message....
  10. Unable to add Mail account

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to add Mail account: Just downloaded 10565. From what trade press says, mail has been significantly improved (I've been using Thunderbird), so I thought I'd again give it a try. I had to add my account, so I clicked on Add Account, clicked on "Other Account", entered the Email address + Password...