Windows 10: Unable to add email account to windows 10 mail client

Discus and support Unable to add email account to windows 10 mail client in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am unable to add email account to windows 10 mail client. As soon as I launch the app it gives the error "Cant' create account, your company won't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SagarMohanty, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Unable to add email account to windows 10 mail client

I am unable to add email account to windows 10 mail client. As soon as I launch the app it gives the error "Cant' create account, your company won't allow you to create that type of account. For more info, contact your company's support person".

:)

SagarMohanty, Jun 29, 2020
  2. GrahamB Win User

Windows 10 Mail - Not able to add email accounts

Hi guys,

I have been using Windows 10 Mail app for a long time, and had two email accounts on this. One was my personal hotmail account, and one was an exchange account I use for work.
    Last week the exchange account stopped working (no emails in the inbox or in saved folders). The personal account still worked but I was unable to access the account settings for either.

I tried to reset Mail, and re-add the accounts but this didn't work.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the Mail program but I cannot add either account now. I don't get any error messages it just keeps on loading and nothing happens when I try to add either account.

Can anybody assist? (Also I'm not that proficient at IT, so any explanation in layman's terms would be appreciated)
    Thanks

GrahamB, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Unable to add account on Mail app. Error - account already exists

Hello JackTexas,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I would suggest you few simple steps. Kindly follow the below steps.

Method 1:

• Sometimes it appears there are two different Outlook accounts with the same email address.
    • Right click and delete the accounts and close the app.
    • Reopen the Mail app which opens to the inbox screen but with no accounts created, so use the Settings pane to add a new correct email account. Once done hit the sync button.

Method 2: Delete all the files not folders from the location:

AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps.

Go to Mail app and try to add an account, if Mail app is not available, go ahead and download it from Store.

Method 3: Follow the steps provided by the article on how to
    set up email in the Mail app for Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Mala.S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Unable to add email account to windows 10 mail client

Brink, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Unable to add email account to windows 10 mail client

1. Unable to add email account to windows 10 mail client - Similar Threads - Unable add email

2. Unable to add email account to Windows Mail or others

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add email account to Windows Mail or others: Please help me out, this is driving me nuts.I rarely come across tech problems that I can't figure out, but I've really hit a dead end with this one.My grandmother is visiting from Poland and I'm helping her setup a new email account using a popular polish email provider...
  3. Unable to add email account to Windows Mail or others

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to add email account to Windows Mail or others: Please help me out, this is driving me nuts.I rarely come across tech problems that I can't figure out, but I've really hit a dead end with this one.My grandmother is visiting from Poland and I'm helping her setup a new email account using a popular polish email provider...
  4. Unable to add an account to Mail

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to add an account to Mail: Just decided to try switching back to the built-in Mail app, but upon trying to add my account I get this error. If it matters the account I’m trying to add is a Microsoft account (and it’s connected to the user account I’m using) and it’s an Outlook email. submitted by...
  5. Unable to add email a/c to Mail for WIN 10.

Unable to add email a/c to Mail for WIN 10.: Tried removing eml a/c ,rebooting & reloading . Still get "Attention required/update password" loop . (Account works fine in WLM and on Web) Mail is supposed to be the simple option for migrating from WLM .Can someone prove it ?!...
  6. Windows 10 Mail won't add email accounts

Windows 10 Mail won't add email accounts: Hello I would like to use windows 10 mail. I click on mail and then go to add account. I click on outlook.com and then type in the my outlook.com online user name and password. I then get this message. [ATTACH] I have tried a google email address but I get the same message....
  7. Windows 10 Mail won't add email accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Mail won't add email accounts: Hello I would like to use windows 10 mail. I click on mail and then go to add account. I click on outlook.com and then type in the my outlook.com online user name and password. I then get this message. [ATTACH] I have tried a google email address but I get the same message....
  8. iCloud mail in Windows 10 email client

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    iCloud mail in Windows 10 email client: Since the latest update to Windows 10 in April 2018 I have been unable to get my iCloud email in the default Windows 10 email client. I am using two-factor authentication and therefore an apple generated app password but without any success. I have tried and failed to set...
  9. Windows 10 Mail - Not able to add email accounts

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail - Not able to add email accounts: Hi guys, I have been using Windows 10 Mail app for a long time, and had two email accounts on this. One was my personal hotmail account, and one was an exchange account I use for work. Last week the exchange account stopped working (no emails in the inbox or in saved...
  10. Unable to add Mail account

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to add Mail account: Just downloaded 10565. From what trade press says, mail has been significantly improved (I've been using Thunderbird), so I thought I'd again give it a try. I had to add my account, so I clicked on Add Account, clicked on "Other Account", entered the Email address + Password...