Windows 10: Unable to add Email Alias to my account.

Discus and support Unable to add Email Alias to my account. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am unable to add an email alias to my Microsoft Account. It is a personal email address, the error message I receive is: You can't add a work or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KevinPirnieXL, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Unable to add Email Alias to my account.

I am unable to add an email alias to my Microsoft Account.

It is a personal email address, the error message I receive is:

You can't add a work or school email address as an alias to a personal Microsoft account. Please try another.

:)

KevinPirnieXL, Oct 4, 2020

2. Unable to change primary alias - Microsoft Account

Hi John,

As per the description, you are experiencing issue with you are unable to change the primary alias for your Microsoft account on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix this issue.

I would like to provide you with the information that
    an account alias is an email address or phone number that you use to sign in to your Microsoft account. You can have multiple aliases, and use any of them with Microsoft services such as Outlook.com, Skype, OneDrive,
    Office, Xbox, Windows and more.

Your primary alias appears on devices such as your Xbox, Surface, and Windows Phone, and is the email OneDrive sends from when you share. You can choose a different alias to be the primary one at any time.

An alias is also the best way to change your email, but keep all your mail.
    Add an alias, then make the new alias primary. Then you can
    keep or remove the original alias.

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

Note: The email alias at the top of the list without a Make primary link is your current primary alias.

• Uncheck the Send me promotional offers from Microsoft box if you like, and click/tap on Yes to confirm.
    You may also try the following steps given below and check if that helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Account>Your Account.
    • In the right pane, click on Sign in with a local account instead.
    • Provide your current Microsoft Account Password.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    • You can leave the Enter Password option empty, however, it is highly recommended to keep a password on your system to keep it safe.

For reference:

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Microsoft account help

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/microsoft-account

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Oct 4, 2020
  3. Microsoft account email alias problem

i changed the alias and removed the default one, so now i have only the new one in the list...the default one that was their is gone

i did not know that removing the default alias would mean i would lose my original email address, because now my original email adress isnt working.

and on top of that, my new alias or should i say new email address isint recieving emails... over 20 years of usuing the same email address and its gone because i thought a alias was just a display name.

Steven Campoli, Oct 4, 2020
  4. Unable to add Email Alias to my account.

unable to make my email alias a primary - no primary link appears to the right of the alias

There is no primary link next to my email alias to allow me to make it a primary as noted in the instructions. Any ideas? I am using Windows 10 Pro (not available to click in the drop down)

• Under Account aliases, click/tap on the Make primary link to the right of an added email alias you want
      to be your primary alias.
    Note: The email alias at the top of the list without a Make primary link is your current primary alias.

Cynthia413, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

Unable to add Email Alias to my account.

1. Unable to add Email Alias to my account. - Similar Threads - Unable add Email

2. Unable do add a second alias

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable do add a second alias: I want do add a second email address and then change my primary alias. However, the microsoft site wouldn'd allow me to do so. Neither trying to add a new email address, nor using an existing one works. The answer is always "This email address is already taken. Please try...
  3. Unable do add a second alias

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable do add a second alias: I want do add a second email address and then change my primary alias. However, the microsoft site wouldn'd allow me to do so. Neither trying to add a new email address, nor using an existing one works. The answer is always "This email address is already taken. Please try...
  4. Unable do add a second alias

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable Change Account Alias

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable Change Account Alias: I'm having a problem that I can't change my primary alias account, specifically when I click Change Primary Alias Account, there is a message like this appearing:WE WERE UNABLE TO MAKE *****@GMAIL.COM YOUR PRIMARY ALIAS. PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER.Please Help I'm Worried That My...
  6. Unable Change Account Alias

Unable Change Account Alias: I'm having a problem that I can't change my primary alias account, specifically when I click Change Primary Alias Account, there is a message like this appearing:WE WERE UNABLE TO MAKE *****@GMAIL.COM YOUR PRIMARY ALIAS. PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER.Please Help I'm Worried That My...
  7. Unable to add alias to change account prime email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add alias to change account prime email: Situation - MS account is registered under email that is going away. I want to switch the default email to an existing Outlook.com email and I keep getting the message "This email address is already taken. Please try another." How do I get past this error? The current email...
  8. Unable to add alias to change account prime email

Unable to add alias to change account prime email: Situation - MS account is registered under email that is going away. I want to switch the default email to an existing Outlook.com email and I keep getting the message "This email address is already taken. Please try another." How do I get past this error? The current email...
  9. Unable to change primary alias email account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change primary alias email account: So I have been trying to change my primary alias on my Microsoft account. I have 2 emails that are both verified. I am trying to make my second email the primary. But when I click to make it primary it just says it is unable to. I cant remove the first email the primary one...
  10. Cannot Add Email Address as Microsoft Account Alias

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot Add Email Address as Microsoft Account Alias: I have been trying to add an email alias to my Microsoft account. Every time I try, I get an error message that says: "There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this message, try again later." The screen capture is below. This is...