Windows 10: Unable to add folders in Windows 10 Mail application

Discus and support Unable to add folders in Windows 10 Mail application in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; set up windows mail and everything working ok regarding send and receive, problem being is that if I click on more it brings up all folders but at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by siggy44, Mar 9, 2019.

1. siggy44 Win User

Unable to add folders in Windows 10 Mail application

set up windows mail and everything working ok regarding send and receive, problem being is that if I click on more it brings up all folders but at the top where it says "All Folders" there should be a + sign to create folders, this is missing so I am unable to create any folders. I have deleted and re installed the Mail, I have updated but nothing has worked, any ideas

** Moved from: Outlook.com / Email / Managing email folders

***Modified tittle from: windows 10 mail***

:)

siggy44, Mar 9, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 9, 2019
  3. Paola Gar Win User
    Windows 10 mail app crash when emptying folder

Hi,

In order for us to identify the reason why Windows 10 Mail app is crashing when emptying a folder, we'd like to get the following information:

• Have you made any recent changes or applied an update to your device prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages or error codes? If yes, send us a screenshot.
    • What happens when you try emptying a different folder? Does the same issue occur?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest emptying a folder in Windows 10 Mail app using the steps provided in the article below and then check if the same issue will persist:

How do I empty a folder in Mail for Windows 10?

Looking forward to your response.

Paola Gar, Mar 9, 2019
  4. Unable to add folders in Windows 10 Mail application

recover folder from windows live mail

Hi I formatted my hard drive and installed win 7 64bit and I forgot to copy my private folder from Windows Live Mail is there any way to recover it.

cookiemonster, Mar 9, 2019
  5. hello siggy44,
    compress all the required folders in to zip file , and then attach zip file, send the mail

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

Unable to add folders in Windows 10 Mail application

1. Unable to add folders in Windows 10 Mail application - Similar Threads - Unable add folders

2. Unable to add new folders to windows mail app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add new folders to windows mail app.: II have recently installed windows 11, including the windows mail app. I need to add new folders to this. The standard advice seems to be that this can be done by clicking on a plus sign next to the "Folder" option, but no such plus sign is visible. I have followed advice to...
  3. Unable to add new folders to windows mail app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to add new folders to windows mail app.: II have recently installed windows 11, including the windows mail app. I need to add new folders to this. The standard advice seems to be that this can be done by clicking on a plus sign next to the "Folder" option, but no such plus sign is visible. I have followed advice to...
  4. Unable to create folders in Windows 10 Mail

Unable to create folders in Windows 10 Mail: Hi, For some reason i cannot create folders or sub-folders in Mail....... whenever I try I receive the following message [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-create-folders-in-windows-10-mail/19b14330-3859-4808-af46-e0428fdd2be6
  5. Windows 10 Photos - unable to add a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Photos - unable to add a folder: Hi, I am unable to use the "Add a folder" option on Windows 10 Photos. I currently have 49 folders connected to my Windows 10 Photos, I wondered if the option is not working because there is a limit? I have tried resetting the App but the option still doesn't work. Any...
  6. Unable to add an account to Mail

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to add an account to Mail: Just decided to try switching back to the built-in Mail app, but upon trying to add my account I get this error. If it matters the account I’m trying to add is a Microsoft account (and it’s connected to the user account I’m using) and it’s an Outlook email. submitted by...
  7. Unable to add folders in Windows Mail App

Unable to add folders in Windows Mail App: Is there a registry setting(s) I could change so I don't have to uninstall and reinstall per other posts suggestions. Everything is working and I have currently 69,209 emails in my inbox and I don't see where there is an archive feature to re-import my emails for MS Mail....
  8. Windows 10 Mail has no "add folder" option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Mail has no "add folder" option: Windows 10 Mail has no "add folder" option. I have read all previous posts on this subject and have yet to discover the solution.......
  9. Add New folder in Windows 10 Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Add New folder in Windows 10 Mail: Hello I'm usually use Mozilla thunderbird as Mail application Since I've two new machine installed with Windows 10 I'm trying to figure out if the native Mail application in Windows 10 can be a good alternative For now my feeling is mostly negative - I didn't find...
  10. Unable to add Mail account

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to add Mail account: Just downloaded 10565. From what trade press says, mail has been significantly improved (I've been using Thunderbird), so I thought I'd again give it a try. I had to add my account, so I clicked on Add Account, clicked on "Other Account", entered the Email address + Password...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 mail app unable to add folder

2. windows 10 mail unable to add folder

3. unable to add folders to windows mail

4. unable to add folders on windows mail application,
  5. add folders to mail app