Windows 10: Unable to add folders to Microsoft Photo App

Discus and support Unable to add folders to Microsoft Photo App in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I see a lot of threads about this subject but no clear answer When i go to Settings\Sources and when i try to add an other folder nothing happens... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Menzo VE, May 3, 2020.

1. Menzo VE Win User

Unable to add folders to Microsoft Photo App

I see a lot of threads about this subject but no clear answer

When i go to Settings\Sources and when i try to add an other folder nothing happens

When i click on import\From a folder nothing happens

When i go to folders and click on add a folder nothing happens

I tried to reset, restore the program, no success

I tried remove with powershell en reinstall, no success

I tried to run the troubleshooter on the windows store apps, no success

My system:

Windows 10 Enterprise 1909, all required updates installed

i found out the following:

when i click the add folder button an entry is added to the eventviewer

Logbook: Application

EventID 1002, Source Application Hang

Details:

AddSuggestedFoldersToLibraryDialog.exe

315c

01d62176ccc6f841

C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.AddSuggestedFoldersToLibraryDialog_cw5n1h2txyewy\AddSuggestedFoldersToLibraryDialog.exe

1488a0a8-a66c-44f1-9c21-dc88eb6ed026

F46D4000-FD22-4DB4-AC8E-4E1DDDE828FE_10.0.18362.449_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy

App

Cross-thread

Any suggestions?

Regards Menzo

:)

Menzo VE, May 3, 2020

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, May 3, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    How do I move photos from the my photo app to the pictures folder on the C drive?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Photo App.

• Select the photo and right click on the photo.

• Select Open Folder.

• From there you will be able to copy all the photos to C: drive
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 3, 2020
  4. Unable to add folders to Microsoft Photo App

Why do my photos show up in the microsoft app but not in my pictures folder?

Hi Cindy,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in photo app settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "microsoft app", are you referring to photos app?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to check the source file for photos app and also copy the picture from external device.

Step 1: I recommend you check the source file settings in the photos app settings and check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Then type "Photos" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Click on Settings on the bottom left corner of the Photos app.

4. Then check if under Sources, pictures directory is present or not.

Step 2: I suggest you to directly copy and paste the picture from the external device into the computer.

Please get back to us with an update on issue displaying pictures imported in the photos app into picture folder, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Unable to add folders to Microsoft Photo App

1. Unable to add folders to Microsoft Photo App - Similar Threads - Unable add folders

2. Cannot add folders in the Microsoft Photos App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot add folders in the Microsoft Photos App: Hello!I cannot add folders in the Microsoft Photos App Version 2023.1110.6001.0 under Windows 10.It seems the app doesn't find photos in the folders. Why not?Perhaps someone can help with a solution.Thank you!...
  3. Cannot add folders in the Microsoft Photos App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot add folders in the Microsoft Photos App: Hello!I cannot add folders in the Microsoft Photos App Version 2023.1110.6001.0 under Windows 10.It seems the app doesn't find photos in the folders. Why not?Perhaps someone can help with a solution.Thank you!...
  4. Unable to add folders and apps to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add folders and apps to desktop: I've been unable to add folders and apps to my desktop after I decided to delete all the widgets I had previously installed. I've tried resetting my desktop setting and adding shortcuts multiple ways, and I can't get anything to work. Is there a way that I could have set a...
  5. In Microsoft Photos app the "Add a folder" option is broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Microsoft Photos app the "Add a folder" option is broken: Hello!So the description of the issue is simple as the title of thread: in Photos app I can't use the Add a folder option as it doesn't do anything when I try to click on it. Both from the main page and both from the Settings view it's useless... It was working properly...
  6. In Microsoft Photos app the "Add a folder" option is broken

In Microsoft Photos app the "Add a folder" option is broken: Hello!So the description of the issue is simple as the title of thread: in Photos app I can't use the Add a folder option as it doesn't do anything when I try to click on it. Both from the main page and both from the Settings view it's useless... It was working properly...
  7. Cannot add a folder to Microsoft Photos

Cannot add a folder to Microsoft Photos: Hi, I am trying to add a folder to Microsoft photos but in vain. I have tried repairing, resetting, and finally uninstalling and then reinstalling the app but nothing worked for me. Here are the details of my Windows version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64 bit version 1909...
  8. Windows 10 Photos - unable to add a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Photos - unable to add a folder: Hi, I am unable to use the "Add a folder" option on Windows 10 Photos. I currently have 49 folders connected to my Windows 10 Photos, I wondered if the option is not working because there is a limit? I have tried resetting the App but the option still doesn't work. Any...
  9. Unable to add folders to Microsoft Photo App

Unable to add folders to Microsoft Photo App: I see a lot of threads about this subject but no clear answer When i go to Settings\Sources and when i try to add an other folder nothing happens When i click on import\From a folder nothing happens When i go to folders and click on add a folder nothing happens I tried...
  10. Windows 10 Photos App - Unable to add a specific folder (II)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Photos App - Unable to add a specific folder (II): When I go to the Photos app settings to add manually a folder and I click on the Add a Folder button, nothing happens. I have tried resetting the app using the App advanced option in settings with the same results. How do I manually add a folder that the app does not...