Windows 10: Unable to add gmail account to calendar app

Discus and support Unable to add gmail account to calendar app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have a problem with the calendar app. I want to connect a certain one of my two Gmail accounts to the calendar app. When I click the settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by (Somerset), Mar 8, 2019.

1. Unable to add gmail account to calendar app

Hi,

I have a problem with the calendar app. I want to connect a certain one of my two Gmail accounts to the calendar app. When I click the settings button then 'manage account', I can see that my Gmail account is connected. However, when I look at the calendars, it says I have my outlook calendar, some Microsoft account, and one of my Gmail accounts... but not the other.

I rely on that certain Gmail calendar to record my events, so I need that calendar.

Could someone help?

Thanks.

:)

(Somerset), Mar 8, 2019
  2. Hill1951 Win User

Cannot add Hotmail or gmail account to Mail and Calendar App

Hi

I was logged on with my non admin account and tried to add a gmail account to Mail and Calendar app - error 0x8004005. Uninstalled app and downloaded and reinstalled. Same result

Signed in with my admin account and same message. Tried to add a Microsoft account and got the same message. Account was listed in drop down box of options. I am running Outlook 2007 on this PC.

On my laptop I use Mail and Calendar and added a gmail account to my two existing hotmail accounts. Added account using my non admin account.

Suggestions?

Hill1951, Mar 8, 2019
  3. 10win10 Win User
    Windows 10 Mail App - stop sync automatically Gmail Account

hi, you can add images how you re-add your gmail account?
    i don't find right now but i search for some article about that, but pretty sure that i read somewhere about that
    Add Gmail and Other Email to Windows 10 Mail Calendar (Updated)

thanks

10win10, Mar 8, 2019
  4. s427 Win User

Unable to add gmail account to calendar app

Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the default Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10. For a while I was able to sync my Google account emails (Gmail) and calendar in those apps, but about a week ago, it has stopped working: the calendar is empty (no events, and no calendars listed), and the emails that were already synced are still there, but syncing doesn't bring any new email.

I tried deleting my Google account from the mail (or calendar) app, by going to "settings -> accounts", and then re-creating the account. I did that three times. Each time I was able to complete the following steps:

1. enter my Gmail address,
    2. then my Google account password,
    3. then the confirmation code sent by SMS,
    4. and finally got to the screen "Windows would like to..." (permissions listing), on which I clicked "Accept" (obviously).

The first time, I then got a Windows message "Something went wrong", followed by an error code (I didn't write it down).

The second time, I didn't get this error message, so it looked like the account was successfully created (it appeared in my accounts list in the settings of those apps), but nothing was synced: both apps (mail / calendar) remained empty. (I tried syncing manually by clicking the sync button in the mail app: still nothing, even though the app confirmed that it was "up to date".)

For my third attempt, I had found this question, so I went and created an "app password" in my Google account, specifically for those apps. But when I got to the password screen (step 2 described above) and entered this app password instead of my regular account password, I got an error message (from Google) asking me to enter my account password and not an app password. So I did that, and that got me exactly the same result as my second attempt (account created but nothing synced).

I also tried both answers given on the same question (first via "settings > accounts > add account > Other account", and second via "settings > accounts > add account > Advanced setup"), but none of them worked for me (again, account created but nothing synced).

Has anyone experienced the same problems? How can I make this work?

UPDATE: a few months back (early October 2015) I received an email from Microsoft inviting me to "reconnect to Google" (that was the title of the email). I ignored it for a while, but recently followed the steps in this email and now everything seems to be working fine. So I'm guessing that MS somehow fixed whatever bug it was.

s427, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

Unable to add gmail account to calendar app

1. Unable to add gmail account to calendar app - Similar Threads - Unable add gmail

2. Unable to add Gmail, or Yahoo accounts to the Windows Mail app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to add Gmail, or Yahoo accounts to the Windows Mail app.: I've updated to the latest Windows 10, updated the Windows Store, and all the apps, restarted several times but still have the problem, my two outlook.com accounts add just fine, but getting errors codes 0x80070490, and 0x80191019a when trying to add Gmail, and Yahoo...
  3. Unable to add Gmail account in Mail app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to add Gmail account in Mail app: Hi, I got into a problem that I can't add my Google and Yahoo account on mail apps of win 10. I'm sure that the problem doesn't related to any account issue because the apps is crashing when I click to add an account before the user and password page, that the...
  4. Calendar app stuck on Creating account with Gmail

Calendar app stuck on Creating account with Gmail: Many users I have the same problem on windows 10 [img] The calendar was working but was (maybe) buggy. So I log off from my calendar Gmail account then I tried to reenabled it. But the app get stuck on "creating account". I tried: + to (un)install the calendar (using...
  5. Calendar app stuck on Creating account with Gmail

in Windows 10 Support
    Calendar app stuck on Creating account with Gmail: Many users I have the same problem on windows 10 [img] The calendar was working but was (maybe) buggy. So I log off from my calendar Gmail account then I tried to reenabled it. But the app get stuck on "creating account". I tried: + to (un)install the calendar (using...
  6. Unable to add iCloud account to Windows 10 Calendar app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to add iCloud account to Windows 10 Calendar app: I am currently trying to no avail to add my iCloud account to the W10 Calendar app and sync my activities, however it seems I'm stuck with an issue that keeps occurring and prevents me from even adding the account to the application. Having 2-factor authentication on for my...
  7. Cant add gmail account to calendar. says "account already exists"

Cant add gmail account to calendar. says "account already exists": I have a new Surface 6 and cannot get a gmail account to add to calendar. I have reset Mail/calendar, it adds to Mail fine, but won't add to calendar. If y try to add it, it just says "account already exists". I have set my google account to less secure, but it still doesn't...
  8. Unable to add Gmail account to Windows Mail

Unable to add Gmail account to Windows Mail: After I've entered my Gmail credentials and allowed Windows to have access to my Google account, I get the following notification. It is pertinent that I find a way to add this account because I need the e-mail access for school, work, and various other things. The laptop is...
  9. Cannot add Hotmail or gmail account to Mail and Calendar App

Cannot add Hotmail or gmail account to Mail and Calendar App: Hi I was logged on with my non admin account and tried to add a gmail account to Mail and Calendar app - error 0x8004005. Uninstalled app and downloaded and reinstalled. Same result Signed in with my admin account and same message. Tried to add a Microsoft account and got...
  10. Unable to add any accounts in Mail and Calendar Apps

Unable to add any accounts in Mail and Calendar Apps: I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on a Sony VAIO laptop. I'm working through some issues but the one that is really annoying me is the inability to add any accounts to the Mail and Calendar apps. I have tried adding my Microsoft account as well as Exchange and other...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to add calendar events on gmail using mail app synced on other account