Windows 10: Unable to add Gmail account to Windows Mail

Discus and support Unable to add Gmail account to Windows Mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After I've entered my Gmail credentials and allowed Windows to have access to my Google account, I get the following notification. It is pertinent that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LynsieTaylor, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Unable to add Gmail account to Windows Mail

After I've entered my Gmail credentials and allowed Windows to have access to my Google account, I get the following notification. It is pertinent that I find a way to add this account because I need the e-mail access for school, work, and various other things. The laptop is a brand new HP Pavilion x360 and the Mail version is Version 17.8827.22055.0.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Unable to add Gmail account to Windows Mail 38495b0b-ef99-4c57-ae6e-3ca98cecbe22?upload=true.png

:)

LynsieTaylor, Dec 23, 2018

2. Windows 10 Mail forgets Gmail password almost every day

Reason

Windows Mail app keeps prompting for Gmail account password frequently with the "your gmail settings are out of date" message—
    According to a comment on this post . . .

Potential Solutions

Based on some quick research there may be two options that may help resolve this. . .

1. Enable the 2-Step Verification functionality and security feature with your Gmail account and then use the 2-Step Verification to verify and trust the Windows Mail app to have access to your Gmail account
    2. Enable and use the Less Secure Apps functionality by turning that ON and using your usual Gmail account password with the Windows Mail app to authenticate

Further Resources

Pimp Juice IT, Dec 23, 2018
  3. 10win10 Win User
    Windows 10 Mail App - stop sync automatically Gmail Account

hi, you can add images how you re-add your gmail account?
    i don't find right now but i search for some article about that, but pretty sure that i read somewhere about that
    Add Gmail and Other Email to Windows 10 Mail Calendar (Updated)

thanks

10win10, Dec 23, 2018
  4. Unable to add Gmail account to Windows Mail

W10 Mail App - unable to add Gmail account

Hi Eric,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

To solve this problem, you have to make sure that your Google account is connected to your Windows 10 computer. Here’s how to do that:

• Go to the Security section of your Google account.
    • Under Connected apps and sites, go to Apps connected to your account.
    • Make sure that Windows is on the list.
    After you make sure that your Google account is connected with your computer, you need to create the new IMAP account, and hopefully, everything might work fine. But, before you create a new IMAP account in your Mail app, you
    need to enable IMAP usage in your Google account. Follow the below steps:

• Sign in to Gmail
    • Click the gear in the top right
    • Select Settings
    • Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP
    • Select Enable IMAP
    • Click Save Changes
    After you enabled IMAP usage in your Google account, you can create the new IMAP account in your Mail app, and everything should work fine. Just follow these steps to create the new IMAP account:

• Open the Mail app.
    • Go to Settings (Cog icon), Accounts, Add Account, Advanced Setup, and then to Internet Email.
    • Fill in the details like this:
      • Account Name: {any string like “My Gmail”}
      • Your Name: {your name like “Eric”}
      • Incoming Mail Server: imap.gmail.com:993
      • Account Type: IMAP4
      • User name: {your gmail address}
      • Password: {the one time password you just generated, otherwise just your gmail password}
      • Outgoing SMTP email server: smtp.gmail.com:465
      • All checkboxes checked.
    • Now try to connect to your Google account with the new Account, and it should work.
    Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

Unable to add Gmail account to Windows Mail

1. Unable to add Gmail account to Windows Mail - Similar Threads - Unable add Gmail

2. how to add Gmail account to Mail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to add Gmail account to Mail?: Dear Sir, how to add Gmail account to Mail? I got error code 0x80070490 after tried many timed for add Gmail account. How to download wechat on labtop? I cannot find in Microsoft store. I'm using window 10 home...
  3. how to add Gmail account to Mail?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to add Gmail account to Mail?: Dear Sir, how to add Gmail account to Mail? I got error code 0x80070490 after tried many timed for add Gmail account. How to download wechat on labtop? I cannot find in Microsoft store. I'm using window 10 home...
  4. how to add Gmail account to Mail?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Add Gmail account to Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Add Gmail account to Windows 10 Mail: There are tons of pages worth of people asking this question, most of the solutions are the same and this does not work - maybe someone has figured this out more recently. I have IMAP enabled in my Google/Gmail settings, the problem is getting past the "add ann account" page,...
  6. Add Gmail account to Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add Gmail account to Windows 10 Mail: There are tons of pages worth of people asking this question, most of the solutions are the same and this does not work - maybe someone has figured this out more recently. I have IMAP enabled in my Google/Gmail settings, the problem is getting past the "add ann account" page,...
  7. Add Gmail account to Windows 10 Mail

8. Unable to add gmail in windows mail app.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to add gmail in windows mail app.: [ATTACH] I get this error when I try to add my Gmail account to the Mail app in Windows 10 20H2. Any solution https://preview.redd.it/5o3ac80d40p61.png?width=1165&format=png&auto=webp&s=e3f6f80317ebb58cfbd7f064d0d9d1778162f191 submitted by /u/average-geek [link]...
  9. Unable to add Gmail, or Yahoo accounts to the Windows Mail app.

Unable to add Gmail, or Yahoo accounts to the Windows Mail app.: I've updated to the latest Windows 10, updated the Windows Store, and all the apps, restarted several times but still have the problem, my two outlook.com accounts add just fine, but getting errors codes 0x80070490, and 0x80191019a when trying to add Gmail, and Yahoo...
  10. Unable to add Gmail account in Mail app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to add Gmail account in Mail app: Hi, I got into a problem that I can't add my Google and Yahoo account on mail apps of win 10. I'm sure that the problem doesn't related to any account issue because the apps is crashing when I click to add an account before the user and password page, that the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to add gmail to mail

2. microsoft mail app unable to add gmail

3. unable to add google account in windows

4. windows unable to add gmail,
  5. unable to add gmail account to windows,
  6. unable to add a gmail accout to windows mail,
  7. unable to add gmail to microsoft mail,
  8. unable to add gmail to windows mail,
  9. unable to add gmail to windows 10 mail,
  10. microsoft mail app unable to add gmail account,
  11. windows mail unable to add gmail account,