Windows 10: Unable to add Gmail to Outlook on clean Windows installation

Discus and support Unable to add Gmail to Outlook on clean Windows installation in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have just upgraded my SSD and performed a clean installation of Windows 10 on it. Everything is working fine, apart from I am unable to add Gmail, or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ThomasRead99, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Unable to add Gmail to Outlook on clean Windows installation

I have just upgraded my SSD and performed a clean installation of Windows 10 on it. Everything is working fine, apart from I am unable to add Gmail, or any other provider to Outlook. Outlook and Exchange work fine. This is the error:

We couldn't find your settings.

Error code: 0x80070490

I have tried running sfc /scannow from the command line, checking all the permissions are okay and manually adding the account, none of them have worked. Any ideas how to fix this?

System info:

Windows 10 Home

10.0.19042 Build 19042

Unable to add Gmail to Outlook on clean Windows installation cc23ab1d-e061-4734-87a6-48b68546ed4f?upload=true.png

:)

ThomasRead99, Apr 6, 2021
  2. qubit Win User

How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Apr 6, 2021
  3. Munki Win User
    GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Apr 6, 2021
  4. Unable to add Gmail to Outlook on clean Windows installation

Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

Unable to add Gmail to Outlook on clean Windows installation

1. Unable to add Gmail to Outlook on clean Windows installation - Similar Threads - Unable add Gmail

2. outlook trying to add gmail account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    outlook trying to add gmail account: i get error 0x000000b every time need help windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-trying-to-add-gmail-account/0ffd2ff5-6d82-453f-96aa-bc106207ae37
  3. outlook trying to add gmail account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    outlook trying to add gmail account: i get error 0x000000b every time need help windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-trying-to-add-gmail-account/0ffd2ff5-6d82-453f-96aa-bc106207ae37
  4. windows 10 mail adds outlook accounts but not gmail and gives this error

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 mail adds outlook accounts but not gmail and gives this error: we couldn't find your settings Error code: 0x80070490 how to fix it. thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-adds-outlook-accounts-but-not/d025664c-be6d-4ef4-ba1c-1efbfc7faeef
  5. Unable to add gmail in windows mail app.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to add gmail in windows mail app.: [ATTACH] I get this error when I try to add my Gmail account to the Mail app in Windows 10 20H2. Any solution https://preview.redd.it/5o3ac80d40p61.png?width=1165&format=png&auto=webp&s=e3f6f80317ebb58cfbd7f064d0d9d1778162f191 submitted by /u/average-geek [link]...
  6. Can't Add Gmail Account to Outlook 2019

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Can't Add Gmail Account to Outlook 2019: Whenever I try adding my gmail account to Outlook, it keeps looping and asking me to enter my email/phone number again and again. I changed the password on my gmail account and Outlook wouldn't receive my emails. It asked me to reenter the password, but then it sent me into...
  7. Outlook and gmail

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook and gmail: I have been fighting Outlook on the PC and gmail and finally just stuck with Mail on Windows 10 and all is fine. Today I took the offer to update Outlook on a Mac and get the message that Outlook was not compatible with gmail. It is hard to believe that outlook can't handle...
  8. Unable to add Gmail account in Mail app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to add Gmail account in Mail app: Hi, I got into a problem that I can't add my Google and Yahoo account on mail apps of win 10. I'm sure that the problem doesn't related to any account issue because the apps is crashing when I click to add an account before the user and password page, that the...
  9. Unable to add gmail account to calendar app

Unable to add gmail account to calendar app: Hi, I have a problem with the calendar app. I want to connect a certain one of my two Gmail accounts to the calendar app. When I click the settings button then 'manage account', I can see that my Gmail account is connected. However, when I look at the calendars, it says I...
  10. Unable to add Gmail account to Windows Mail

Unable to add Gmail account to Windows Mail: After I've entered my Gmail credentials and allowed Windows to have access to my Google account, I get the following notification. It is pertinent that I find a way to add this account because I need the e-mail access for school, work, and various other things. The laptop is...