Windows 10: Unable to add Google Calendar to Windows 10 Calendar App

Discus and support Unable to add Google Calendar to Windows 10 Calendar App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to add my Google calendar to Windows calendar. I tried to add the account, but I get error code: 0x8000000b. I wondered if something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HeatherK36, Sep 8, 2018.

1. HeatherK36 Win User

Unable to add Google Calendar to Windows 10 Calendar App

I am trying to add my Google calendar to Windows calendar. I tried to add the account, but I get error code: 0x8000000b. I wondered if something weird was cached, so I reset the app through settings and tried again. That time when I opened calendar, I had no other accounts listed but still received the same error message. It goes as far as going through 2-step verification, and as soon as I enter the verification code this pops up. All pending windows updates have been installed.

Is there anything else I can try, or is adding a Google calendar broken? I can't seem to find any information indicating the latter.

Unable to add Google Calendar to Windows 10 Calendar App 1d762343-49e4-4d64-bc29-07a66b8f86cf?upload=true.png

:)

HeatherK36, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Sayan_Ghosh Win User

Syncing Google Calendars with Calendar App

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provide, I understand that you are unable to sync Outlook calendar and Google calendar.

I would suggest you to use Outlook.com as the first step and then try to import the Google calendar ics file.

Please follow below.

Export Google Calendar

• Logon to your Google Account.
    • Click the gear button.
    • Follow the path Settings> Calendars> Export calendars.
    • It downloads as a zip, hence you have to extract the .ics file.
    Import Google calendar to Outlook.

• Login to Outlook.com.
    • Click on Import in the context menu.
    • Select the Google Calendar .ics file to import it.
    All your Outlook events and appointments are now either in Google Calendar, whichever one you chose to import to .

You can also refer to the below link for additional information on Mail and Calendar apps for Windows 10 Help

Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 FAQ

Refer to the section Resolve Sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 8, 2018
  3. n64ra Win User
    Syncing Win 10 Calendar App with Google Calendar

Hello,

I use live.com for email, Windows 10 for my laptop, and Android for my smart phone.

I have some events saved on my Google Calendar and some events saved on my Windows 10 Calendar app. I'd like the two synced so I followed these directions (How to use Google Calendar on Windows 10 PC | Windows Central). I can now see my Google Calendar events on the Windows 10 Calendar app. I can NOT see the Windows 10 Calendar app events on my Google Calendar.

On the Windows 10 Calendar app, I noticed that I have a choice when making a new event as either a 'live.com' event or a 'google.com' event. Selecting google.com event does sync to Google Calendar, but selecting live.com event does not. Is there any way to get 'live.com' events to show in Google Calendar?

Thanks

n64ra, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Rishad K T Win User

Google Calendar

Hi,

• Are you trying to access Google calendar on Windows 10 calendar app? If yes, how exactly you have added google calendar on Windows 10 calendar app?

If you are using any other app to access google calendar, I suggest you to run app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link to run the App troubleshooter.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If you are accessing google calendar using Windows 10 calendar app, I suggest you to refer to the below link and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/see-google-events-calendar-app

Applies to Windows 10 as well.

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Rishad K T, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to add Google Calendar to Windows 10 Calendar App - Similar Threads - Unable add Google

2. Cortana and Google calendar

in Cortana
    Cortana and Google calendar: just started using Cortana yesterday and have a question. Once I speak a command to Cortana and confirm that my reminder is correct, do I need to shut down my computer and then reopen it for the remi der to show up on my Google calendar? Or do I just need to give it time to...
  3. Cannot choose calendar in Windows 10 Calendar App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot choose calendar in Windows 10 Calendar App: I have my hotmail account linked to Windows 10 and I can open the Calendar app to view, and create events. However, I cannot choose my "Birthday" calendar to create a new event in there. I have all the privacy/security settings set to allow apps to see my calendar, I have...
  4. Edge calendar and Google calendar

Edge calendar and Google calendar: Hi. As all my machines are pre loaded with Windows 10 so I have finally decided to embrace Microsoft Edge. I have been using Google Chrome for years including Google Calendar and love the colour coding. I can tell from a mere glance what is expected of me that day. I cannot...
  5. A way to sync an Outlook calendar with Google Calendar?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    A way to sync an Outlook calendar with Google Calendar?: Hi! My work recently switched from Google Calendar to Outlook, and the whole process has been a bit confusing for me. I still primarily use Google services for just about everything and I'd ideally like to keep it that way. Is there a way to have all my Outlook events show...
  6. Syncing Win 10 Calendar App with Google Calendar

Syncing Win 10 Calendar App with Google Calendar: Hello, I use live.com for email, Windows 10 for my laptop, and Android for my smart phone. I have some events saved on my Google Calendar and some events saved on my Windows 10 Calendar app. I'd like the two synced so I followed these directions (How to use Google Calendar...
  7. Unable to add any accounts in Mail and Calendar Apps

Unable to add any accounts in Mail and Calendar Apps: I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on a Sony VAIO laptop. I'm working through some issues but the one that is really annoying me is the inability to add any accounts to the Mail and Calendar apps. I have tried adding my Microsoft account as well as Exchange and other...
  8. Windows 10 Calendar App - Calendars

Windows 10 Calendar App - Calendars: Hi, I hope its not too much of a FAQ but... In Win10 Calendar app, what are all the calendars on the left? I see Cortana, Outlook and Microsoft Account. Each one has one or more named calendars below them. It seems only the Outlook calendar is able to sync across to my...
  9. Google Calendar

Google Calendar: I use Google calendar, with Firefox, W10. The calendar window has just changed to 3/4 of screen. there is no maximise button, and it is not possible to drag the corner or sides out. Can anyone please tell me how to get it as a full screen window again? Thank you 36055
  10. How to sync ALL shared Google Calendars to Windows 10 Calendar app??

How to sync ALL shared Google Calendars to Windows 10 Calendar app??: Hi *Smile I added my Google account to the Windows 10 Mail and Calendar app, but I can only view some of my Google Calendars (my personal and a few others) BUT none of the calendars under the "other calendars" category on Google Calendars are populating/syncing and showing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to add gmail calerndar to windows 10 calendar