Windows 10: unable to add IIS roles on Windows server 2016

Discus and support unable to add IIS roles on Windows server 2016 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; the request to add or remove features on the specified server failed.installation of one or more roles ,role services or features failed.the parameter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GOmes_7, Apr 25, 2022.

1. GOmes_7 Win User

unable to add IIS roles on Windows server 2016

the request to add or remove features on the specified server failed.installation of one or more roles ,role services or features failed.the parameter is incorrect .error:0x80070057

:)

GOmes_7, Apr 25, 2022
  2. Lily088 Win User

IIS 10 setup in Windows Server 2016

I am adding IIS role to windows Server 2016. the server comes with .net framework version 4.7.2 . In the adding role wizard, it shows ASP.NET 4.6 option available. I also have windows 10 machine. It has .net framework 4.7.2 installed separately. When
    I add IIS role, it shows ASP.NET 4.7 option in the adding role wizard. I would like to understanding what different between ASP.NET 4.6 and 4.7. Is this OS related? Thanks.

Lily088, Apr 25, 2022
  3. WSUSPool in IIS Stops Repeatedly Server 2016

Hi, in our Microsoft Servers 2016 with WSUS Role, WSUSPool in IIS Stops Repeatedly!

Is it possible with PowerShell to do monitoring of WSUSPool in IIS 24/7/365?

Combination of scheduled PowerShell script with SMTP ?

For example from one server check all servers in every 5 or 10 minutes, if status is stopped start it and send mail of incident ?

Taner Rasim, Apr 25, 2022
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Http.sys error logging for IIS 10.0, Windows Server 2016 core. Unable to change the Default HTTPERR log folder location.

The Vendor Default is always active to log http.sys errors in Windows Server 2016 core, IIS 10.0 at "C:\windows\system32\logfiles\httperr".

The Registry Change Windows Server 2012 for IIS 8.5 for http.sys error log folder works fine but it does not work for Server 2016, IIS 10.0

To Monitor http.sys process log in Windows Server 2016 core the same settings do not work when the "ErrorLoggingDir" parameter is changed.

All the registry settings have been updated as below -

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HTTP\Parameters

ErrorLoggingDir : "D:\logs\HTTPERR"

EnableErrorLogging : 1

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...formance-tuning/role/web-server/tuning-iis-10

Is there a way to change or create the registry settings to change the http.sys errors log location in another folder since Windows Server 2016 core logs to Default inspite of registry changes and APPCMD.

I have looked around a lot of Blogs and IIS forums did not find a Solution to this Issue.

Any Directions are Sincerely Appreciated.

Tenforo, Apr 25, 2022
Thema:

1. unable to add IIS roles on Windows server 2016 - Similar Threads - unable add IIS

2. AD integration is not working in windows server 2016 IIS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AD integration is not working in windows server 2016 IIS: Hi, we have Asp.Net with MVC, C#, SQL database web app, which was hosted in IIS windows server 2016. It was working fine with forms authentication initially. Recently, we have implemented AD integration, but when the user login into app with AD credentails, Application End...
  3. AD integration is not working in windows server 2016 IIS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AD integration is not working in windows server 2016 IIS: Hi, we have Asp.Net with MVC, C#, SQL database web app, which was hosted in IIS windows server 2016. It was working fine with forms authentication initially. Recently, we have implemented AD integration, but when the user login into app with AD credentails, Application End...
  4. Web Server IIS Role: configuration error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web Server IIS Role: configuration error: Hi There, I was trying to install the SharePoint 2016 in one of my Windows Server 2019. After running the Prerequisiteinstaller application file, it resulted with the "Web Server IIS Role: configuration error". I tried install .Net framework modules but it resulted with an...
  5. Web Server IIS Role: configuration error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web Server IIS Role: configuration error: Hi There, I was trying to install the SharePoint 2016 in one of my Windows Server 2019. After running the Prerequisiteinstaller application file, it resulted with the "Web Server IIS Role: configuration error". I tried install .Net framework modules but it resulted with an...
  6. Web Server IIS Role: configuration error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. unable to add IIS roles on Windows server 2016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to add IIS roles on Windows server 2016: the request to add or remove features on the specified server failed.installation of one or more roles ,role services or features failed.the parameter is incorrect .error:0x80070057...
  8. unable to add IIS roles on Windows server 2016

unable to add IIS roles on Windows server 2016: the request to add or remove features on the specified server failed.installation of one or more roles ,role services or features failed.the parameter is incorrect .error:0x80070057...
  9. Getting Error While adding roles in Windows Server 2016

Getting Error While adding roles in Windows Server 2016: Hi,When ever I tried to install roles in windows server 2016 we get below error. Our servers are in Virtual Machines.Server are hosted in Hyper V. I tried to get resolved by removing the language pack from registry and again try to install roles but we get this error...
  10. Windows server 2016 failed to add features and roles

Windows server 2016 failed to add features and roles: Hello, so I'm getting a failed to install features and roles because the reference assembly could not be found, 0x80073701, I was wondering if anybody has come across this issue, I need to set up a vpn, but it fails to install remote access...