Windows 10: Unable to add IMAP account on my desktop whereas the same works fine on my laptop and used...

Discus and support Unable to add IMAP account on my desktop whereas the same works fine on my laptop and used... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Unable to add IMAP account since the last few months and before that the mail app and the imap account worked just fine, then it stopped syncing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AbinThomas744, Mar 28, 2023.

1. Unable to add IMAP account on my desktop whereas the same works fine on my laptop and used...

Unable to add IMAP account since the last few months and before that the mail app and the imap account worked just fine, then it stopped syncing randomly so I logged out to login again and never have been able to login since then.

:)

AbinThomas744, Mar 28, 2023

2. Windows Mail not working with Gmail using IMAP settings

Hi

I have two gmail accounts set up under Windows Mail - one was set up under the "Gmail" option and works fine. The other was set up using the "Other" option and IMAP as I need to be able to use a different sender name for the second one. Until last week these were both working fine however the account set up under the IMAP option is no longer receiving or is able to send emails (It is connected to my Gmail account as I can see the folders listed). In addition, if I try and sync this account it does not pull any emails from Gmail - I have tried setting this up on my mobile phone using the same IMAP settings for my Gmail account and it is working so it is not an issue with my settings in Gmail.

Graham1701, Mar 28, 2023
  3. IMAP Email account on Lumia 925 - Not Syncing

Hi,

I am trying to connect to my school Email IMAP account on my Windows Phone.

I used the instructions for "email account settings manually (advanced)" from the following link to setup my account.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/how-to/wp8/people/set-up-or-delete-an-email-account

The Email client repeatedly asks for password but never syncs. I have been unable to sync this account yet.

I tried syncing both on Wifi and cellular data with no success.

I have my Outlook desktop client configured to use the same IMAP account with the same IMAP and SMTP server,port details and it works.

I searched the community and the web for any solutions but could resolve this issue. Any help or suggestions are welcome.

With Regards,

Mohan

PsedoForce, Mar 28, 2023
  4. Unable to add IMAP account on my desktop whereas the same works fine on my laptop and used...

Unable to send Mail from IMAP account in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to configure the port numbers and check if it works:

• Open Mail app and click on Settings.

• Click on Accounts and click on the IMAP account.

• Click on Change Mail box settings and click on Advanced Mail box settings.

• Under Incoming and Outgoing mail server enter the Server name and port numbers in the format shown in the screenshot.

• Check if issue persists.

Unable to add IMAP account on my desktop whereas the same works fine on my laptop and used... a81d5785-7776-4823-bd97-ddf274d74da4.png

Unable to add IMAP account on my desktop whereas the same works fine on my laptop and used... cc7fbef4-e9f4-47f6-bbfb-e24f12ece098.png

Unable to add IMAP account on my desktop whereas the same works fine on my laptop and used... 7da0565c-0e76-4fc9-8fb9-a789b6335879.png

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Mar 28, 2023
Thema:

Unable to add IMAP account on my desktop whereas the same works fine on my laptop and used...

1. Unable to add IMAP account on my desktop whereas the same works fine on my laptop and used... - Similar Threads - Unable add IMAP

2. Unable to add work account to my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add work account to my laptop: Unable to add work account to my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-add-work-account-to-my-laptop/32a1182b-114a-4977-9678-fc773ee566f2
  3. Unable to add work account to my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to add work account to my laptop: Unable to add work account to my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-add-work-account-to-my-laptop/32a1182b-114a-4977-9678-fc773ee566f2
  4. Unable to add IMAP account on my desktop whereas the same works fine on my laptop and used...

Unable to add IMAP account on my desktop whereas the same works fine on my laptop and used...: Unable to add IMAP account since the last few months and before that the mail app and the imap account worked just fine, then it stopped syncing randomly so I logged out to login again and never have been able to login since then....
  5. Windows Mail app will not add work email account IMAP.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail app will not add work email account IMAP.: When I enter in the details for my work email on my Surface Laptop 2, it is stuck on "Finding your settings" or "creating account" indefinitely. I have tried doing this through Settings, or through the Mail app, and I encounter the same problem each time. Everything is...
  6. Windows Mail app will not add work email account IMAP.

Windows Mail app will not add work email account IMAP.: When I enter in the details for my work email on my Surface Laptop 2, it is stuck on "Finding your settings" or "creating account" indefinitely. I have tried doing this through Settings, or through the Mail app, and I encounter the same problem each time. Everything is...
  7. Google Drive won't work on my laptop. Desktop is fine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Drive won't work on my laptop. Desktop is fine.: I realize this isn't Google, but Google seems to be out of suggestions.Was away from home for about 10 days, using my laptop Dell Inspiron 5000 series instead of my desktop Dell XPS8940. Both are running newly updated versions of Windows 11 beta. All that time I was unable to...
  8. Google Drive won't work on my laptop. Desktop is fine.

Google Drive won't work on my laptop. Desktop is fine.: I realize this isn't Google, but Google seems to be out of suggestions.Was away from home for about 10 days, using my laptop Dell Inspiron 5000 series instead of my desktop Dell XPS8940. Both are running newly updated versions of Windows 11 beta. All that time I was unable to...
  9. Windows 10 Desktop system Sleep Mode Not working, whereas Power Mode seems to be working fine.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Desktop system Sleep Mode Not working, whereas Power Mode seems to be working fine.: Hello Everyone. To the point; earlier this year, I did a regular Microsoft Issued update to my Windows 10 Desktop system, and shortly afterwards, I noticed that my system had stopped going into sleep mode, and I had to start manually turning off my system each evening. I have...
  10. Using a laptop on the same network as a desktop using same credentials.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using a laptop on the same network as a desktop using same credentials.: I am trying to connect to access files on my desktop using my laptop on the same network with both pc's using the same microsoft account but, when I try to connect it asks me to enter user credentials to connect. That's the microsoft account I am using on the other pc right?...