Windows 10: Unable to add money for child using our Microsoft Family accounts

Discus and support Unable to add money for child using our Microsoft Family accounts in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever I try to add money to her account, I get the following message: Sorry, something went wrong. We’re not sure what happened, but refreshing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Francisco J.de Urriola, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Unable to add money for child using our Microsoft Family accounts

Whenever I try to add money to her account, I get the following message:

Sorry, something went wrong.

We’re not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may help, or trying again in a little while.

CV: nrTffXv4lU6OSy92.36.29.8

This has been going on for a couple of weeks, with the same message and the same outcome. We were able to make a purchase last year without any issues, but now we are unable to do so again. Please help.

:)

Francisco J.de Urriola, Jan 30, 2019

2. Unable to purchase on Microsoft Store with a Family account.

Thank you for your response. There are other games that allow you to purchase using the Microsoft funds that you transferred to a member of your Family.
    If you don't have sufficient money in your Microsoft account to complete a transaction, you must use another form of payment registered with your Microsoft account to cover the remaining purchase amount, charge the entire purchase to the other payment
    option in lieu of your account balance, or add additional value to your Microsoft account.

To ensure that the child account is allowed to purchase a content online, you have to check and change the restriction settings on the account by following the steps below:

• Sign in to your account on the
      Microsoft Family page
    • Find your child’s name and select More options > Spending >
      Change content restrictions.
    • Change the restrictions settings and allow the account to purchase.

If you are still unable to purchase the game, there is a possible issue with your profile or the billing information. We recommend that you contact Xbox Chat Support to securely check your account and the child account.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Jan 30, 2019
  3. Micah Bat Win User
    Child's account history not showing up in Microsoft Family Safety

Just to confirm, have you tried using a different browser and check if the issue persists? Since doing the steps provided on the link didn't help you resolve your concern, we would suggest you to recreate your son's account on the Alienware computer. To
    do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Click Family and other
      users
    • Click Sign in with
      a local account instead
      (to convert her account to a local account).
    • After doing so, delete the local account. To delete a local account, kindly follow the steps below:
      • Go to Settings.
      • Click Accounts.
      • Click Family and other
        users
      • Click the local account and then, click Remove.
      • A new window will open, click Delete account and data.
    • After deleting the local account, re-link the Microsoft account of your son as a user, then add it to your family.

For more information on how to add a child account to your family, kindly click
    this link.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Jan 30, 2019
  4. Unable to add money for child using our Microsoft Family accounts

Microsoft Family Child Account - Able to Access Blocked Accounts

Hi Randy,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the restrictions that you’ve set on your child’s account under
    Microsoft Family may be caused by some configuration on the feature. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you remove and re-add your child’s account to the
    Microsoft family. This process will re-establish a good configuration on the account. To remove a Family member, you may follow the steps provided in this article on how to
    remove members from your Microsoft family.
    Once you’re on the page, you may proceed with the steps under the Online section, and then complete the process. After completing the steps, you may go to this article on how to
    set up your family, and then complete the given steps. After completing the process,
    you may set the restrictions to your child’s account by following the steps given in this article on how to
    set restrictions for your child
    on Windows 10 and Xbox One.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

Unable to add money for child using our Microsoft Family accounts

1. Unable to add money for child using our Microsoft Family accounts - Similar Threads - Unable add money

2. Unable to Add child account to Family group.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Add child account to Family group.: I contacted chat support under case number 7031667301. The chat window closed before I could copy any details.My 13 year old son has a Windows PC running Windows version 11. I am unable to add him to my family group so that I can use windows parental control features to...
  3. Unable to Add child account to Family group.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Add child account to Family group.: I contacted chat support under case number 7031667301. The chat window closed before I could copy any details.My 13 year old son has a Windows PC running Windows version 11. I am unable to add him to my family group so that I can use windows parental control features to...
  4. add money to child's account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    add money to child's account: I am unable to add money to my child's account. I was able to make two transactions but after that i am unable to do that. I have even waited for two days as advised but to no avail....
  5. add money to child's account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add money to child's account: I am unable to add money to my child's account. I was able to make two transactions but after that i am unable to do that. I have even waited for two days as advised but to no avail....
  6. add money to child's account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Microsoft Family Adding Money to Child Account

Microsoft Family Adding Money to Child Account: I have searched thru the instructions as to how to add money to child account and as everyone else, got the same issue. Not a currency issue, I have tried multiple times and never succeeded once. Has anyone been successful in doing this?...
  8. Unable to add money to child account

Unable to add money to child account: Hi. I'm unable to add money to my child's account. This has been a problem for a few weeks now. I can buy things for myself so this is not a card/billing problem. I've tried Edge and Chrome and on more than one device. I've also read through the FAQ and this forum for answers...
  9. Unable to add money to Microsoft Account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to add money to Microsoft Account: I've been unable to add money to my Microsoft account never had this problem before can anyone help? Please ***Original title: Microsoft account***...
  10. Add Money to Account of Microsoft Family Child for Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Money to Account of Microsoft Family Child for Microsoft Store: How to: Add Money to Account of Microsoft Family Child for Microsoft Store How to Add Money to Account of Microsoft Family Child to Shop at Microsoft Store One of the many benefits of having a Microsoft account is a family group, which gives you access to family...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox add money something went wrong

2. We’re not sure what happened but refreshing the page may help or trying again in a little while. CV: pV9xOEaka0i0s5ff.16.8.11

3. unable to add money to child microsoft