Windows 10: Unable to add my son to my family

Discus and support Unable to add my son to my family in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a family set up with both my sons on however my eldest son has created a new account. i have tried to add this account to the family, it... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MummyBLACKWELL, May 22, 2020 at 11:17 AM.

1. Unable to add my son to my family

I have a family set up with both my sons on however my eldest son has created a new account.

i have tried to add this account to the family, it allows me to send the invitation and he accepts it but then gets an error message to say something went wrong, try refreshing the page or try again later. We have tried both and even a few days later it still isn't working.

Why can't he be added?

:)

MummyBLACKWELL, May 22, 2020 at 11:17 AM
  2. joeninet Win User

Family Settings - Unable to download apps & Games

My Family account has already been set up (www.windowsphone.com/family) and he is listed as a Family Member and I have allowed that he can access 'free & paid apps'.

My Son is still unable to download apps.

The wiki is not useful as all the steps were completed prior to me posting the question.

3. Rose Cal Win User
    Family Safety issues

Hi,

Configuration settings may be the possible cause why you're experiencing issues with Family when searching for the device. To assist you better, we'd like to clarify few things:

• When you mention 2 devices on your sons account, do you want to use two devices but using one account?
    • Could you provide us a screen shot of family list devices?

In the meantime, we suggest that you check and follow the steps in this articles below on how to set up your Family:

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

4. Rose Cal Win User

Unable to add my son to my family

W10 wiped my son's laptop

Hi Debbie,

It is possible that your son is unable to open his laptop while updating due to a corrupted or incomplete installation. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is your son, getting an error message when he tried to turn on his laptop?
    • When he tried to open his laptop, are you able to check if the power light stays on?
    • Are you seeing black screen/blank screen when you tried to turn on his laptop?
    • What troubleshooting steps has your son done so far to resolve it?

Meanwhile, if you're seeing a blank screen/black screen, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which best describes your issue.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Thema:

Unable to add my son to my family

1. Unable to add my son to my family - Similar Threads - Unable add son

2. Unable to add organiser in Family Safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to add organiser in Family Safety: hi, i tried to add organizer in my family group but it keeps encountering error message: " Sorry, something went wrong. We're not sure what happened but refreshing the page may help, or try again in a little while." can anyone advised?...
  3. I can't add kids to my family account.

I can't add kids to my family account.: I'm trying to add kids to my Family Profile. I can't get past this error message no matter how many times I try. "Sorry, something went wrong. We’re not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may help, or trying again in a little while."...
  4. Family Group membership removed by Son

Family Group membership removed by Son: UPDATED from Security & Privacy: After 5 hours on line with MS Support I'm none the wiser. For some reason two of the 'advisers' lost connection when they couldn't resolve the issue. Funny that! Here is the exact problem: From the task bar the child Family Group member...
  5. Microsoft Family does not limit my sons time on his computer

Microsoft Family does not limit my sons time on his computer: I have got Microsoft Family on my sons computer. I have set screentime limits. I have not set any app limits yet. The PC runs Windows 10. Every day I get "your son would like more screen time". Only ONCE has it ever locked him out. He has limits of 3 hours per day on...
  6. Add device to my account/family

Add device to my account/family: The add device does not let me add my computer directly. Instead it asks me to login to my desktop using the email and go to Your Info in Settings and login using my email. However I did do that and it still doesn't show up. Anybody that can help ? I am having real...
  7. Unable to add a family member in microsoft family

Unable to add a family member in microsoft family: I am logged in with the admin account and trying to add a family member but in the family and other users option it is saying "We couldn't connect to microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not be up to date".. Pleaase help me with this!...
  8. Giving my son full permissions

Giving my son full permissions: How do i take all the restrictions off for my son? My son cant even add his friends in minecraft or on his xbox PC version account. I have flipped all the things off that i can find in microsoft family settings and he still cannont add friends cause of the set up nor go into...
  9. My son formatted c: on my lenovo Ideapad100S

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My son formatted c: on my lenovo Ideapad100S: My son formatted c: on my lenovo Ideapad100S I restarted the computer and it did Automatic Repair. Diagnosing your pc. ATTEMPTING REPAIR. Automatic Repair couldnt repair your pc. I have tried everything There is no CD drive so I do not have a disk to repair. Help...
  10. My son deleting the exe file Family Monitoring uses

My son deleting the exe file Family Monitoring uses: So I set family monitoring on my kids and they somehow managed to delete the file. I need to add the file back immediently. Can someone give me that file?...