Windows 10: Unable to add my son to my family

Discus and support Unable to add my son to my family in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a family set up with both my sons on however my eldest son has created a new account. i have tried to add this account to the family, it... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MummyBLACKWELL, May 22, 2020.

1. Unable to add my son to my family

I have a family set up with both my sons on however my eldest son has created a new account.

i have tried to add this account to the family, it allows me to send the invitation and he accepts it but then gets an error message to say something went wrong, try refreshing the page or try again later. We have tried both and even a few days later it still isn't working.

Why can't he be added?

:)

MummyBLACKWELL, May 22, 2020
  2. joeninet Win User

Family Settings - Unable to download apps & Games

My Family account has already been set up (www.windowsphone.com/family) and he is listed as a Family Member and I have allowed that he can access 'free & paid apps'.

My Son is still unable to download apps.

The wiki is not useful as all the steps were completed prior to me posting the question.

joeninet, May 22, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Family Safety issues

Hi,

Configuration settings may be the possible cause why you're experiencing issues with Family when searching for the device. To assist you better, we'd like to clarify few things:

• When you mention 2 devices on your sons account, do you want to use two devices but using one account?
    • Could you provide us a screen shot of family list devices?

In the meantime, we suggest that you check and follow the steps in this articles below on how to set up your Family:

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, May 22, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Unable to add my son to my family

W10 wiped my son's laptop

Hi Debbie,

It is possible that your son is unable to open his laptop while updating due to a corrupted or incomplete installation. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is your son, getting an error message when he tried to turn on his laptop?
    • When he tried to open his laptop, are you able to check if the power light stays on?
    • Are you seeing black screen/blank screen when you tried to turn on his laptop?
    • What troubleshooting steps has your son done so far to resolve it?

Meanwhile, if you're seeing a blank screen/black screen, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which best describes your issue.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Unable to add my son to my family

1. Unable to add my son to my family - Similar Threads - Unable add son

2. Cannot add money to my Son's family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot add money to my Son's family account: I get the following error Teg8lgZR60GlYvXW.9.446 2024/02/23 - 13:48:30 UTC when trying to add money to my son's family account. How do I solve this?...
  3. Cannot add money to my Son's family account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot add money to my Son's family account: I get the following error Teg8lgZR60GlYvXW.9.446 2024/02/23 - 13:48:30 UTC when trying to add money to my son's family account. How do I solve this?...
  4. I can not add my son to a family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not add my son to a family group: I already tried all forum discussions and FAQ links. Also had already 3 online support chat Xbox and 365. Nothing works.Where I try to add my son we got this error:"We’ve detected some unusual activity. Wait to resend the invite.If you need help, please share the error...
  5. I cannot add my son in my Family Microsoft

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I cannot add my son in my Family Microsoft: An error message appears when I attempt to add my child to my Microsoft Family Account as a member: "Something has gone wrong. It is us, not you"Microsoft support chat could not help and asked me to join this community chat instead for help.Can someone please tell me how to...
  6. I cannot add my son in my Family Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot add my son in my Family Microsoft: An error message appears when I attempt to add my child to my Microsoft Family Account as a member: "Something has gone wrong. It is us, not you"Microsoft support chat could not help and asked me to join this community chat instead for help.Can someone please tell me how to...
  7. I cannot add my son in my Family Microsoft

8. Can't add my son to my family group

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't add my son to my family group: Hello,A while back I had setup an outlook account for my 8 year son that has Xbox connected to it. However, now I'd like to add him to my family group for screen time, etc but keep getting the notice that he's part of another group. I then logged into his account via...
  9. Can't add my son to my family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add my son to my family group: Hello,A while back I had setup an outlook account for my 8 year son that has Xbox connected to it. However, now I'd like to add him to my family group for screen time, etc but keep getting the notice that he's part of another group. I then logged into his account via...
  10. Can't add my son to my family group