Windows 10: Unable to add new folders to windows mail app.

Discus and support Unable to add new folders to windows mail app. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; II have recently installed windows 11, including the windows mail app. I need to add new folders to this. The standard advice seems to be that this can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jim Matthews1, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Unable to add new folders to windows mail app.

II have recently installed windows 11, including the windows mail app. I need to add new folders to this. The standard advice seems to be that this can be done by clicking on a plus sign next to the "Folder" option, but no such plus sign is visible. I have followed advice to check the windows store for updates. The store app reports that the mail app is installed but offers no update option.I have found a previous similar query now locked in relation to windows 10, This is from Ronwerner1 and is dated 6th October 2019. It advises removing and re-installing the mail and calendar app. Does th

:)

Jim Matthews1, Jan 23, 2023
  2. vallero Win User

cannot create folders in windows mail app

when I go to 'more' in the mail app and click + a dialog display appears however when I enter the name of a new folder and click enter it appears momentarily in the folder list then disappears and a message appears at the top screen saying that the action could not be completed. I have tried the suggestions from the windows help site but nothing works. it appears that my only solution is to uninstall and reinstall the app, however that is not possible because I don't want to lose all my e-mails and accounts.
    I think that the problem is definitely with the app and not some weird Windows thing because I can create new folders with my Gmail account.
    Any suggestions will be appreciated, thanks in advance

vallero, Jan 23, 2023
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to add folders in Windows Mail App

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are unable to find the + icon to add folders in Windows Mail App.

We would suggest you to refer the section Troubleshooting from the article

How do I add or remove folders in Mail for Windows 10?
    and see if that helps.

If the issue persists, refer the troubleshooting steps from the article
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

To uninstall and reinstall the Mail App and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + X, and select
      Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Now, paste following command and hit Enter:
      Get-AppxPackage *windowscommunicationsapps* | Remove-AppxPackage

3. Once the command is executed, open Microsoft Store application.
    4. Click on the Search bar, search for
      Mail and Calendar App and click on it.
    5. Now, click on Install to install the application.
    6. Once the application is installed, configure the mail account and check.

If the issue persists, we would suggest you to provide your valuable feedback and ideas in our

Feedback Hub
    , where our developers can look into the requests and constantly improve the features of Windows.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 23, 2023
  4. Unable to add new folders to windows mail app.

Unable to syncrionise and create new Folders Windows Mail app

Hello Geoffrey,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with this issue.

Which is the type of email account you have configured in Mail app? Is it POP3/IMAP/Exchange server/any other email account?

The Windows 10 Mail app does not currently have support for creating folders. However it will sync any folders that exist on your email server. In most cases you can manage the folders that exist on the servers via the web by signing into email providers
    email web site.

I suggest you to install all the pending Windows updates and check if it helps. If the issue persists, I suggest you to remove the e-mail account and try to re-add it and check if it helps.

You may also follow the below steps to change the Mailbox sync settings in the Mail app and check if it helps.

• Open the Mail app.
    • Click on the gear icon (Settings) from the bottom left corner in the Mail app.
    • Click on the Accounts under
      Settings.
    • Click on your account and select Change settings.
    • Click on the Change mailbox sync settings and check in the
      Sync options.
    Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 23, 2023
Thema:

Unable to add new folders to windows mail app.

1. Unable to add new folders to windows mail app. - Similar Threads - Unable add folders

2. Unable to add new folders to windows mail app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add new folders to windows mail app.: II have recently installed windows 11, including the windows mail app. I need to add new folders to this. The standard advice seems to be that this can be done by clicking on a plus sign next to the "Folder" option, but no such plus sign is visible. I have followed advice to...
  3. Unable to add folders and apps to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add folders and apps to desktop: I've been unable to add folders and apps to my desktop after I decided to delete all the widgets I had previously installed. I've tried resetting my desktop setting and adding shortcuts multiple ways, and I can't get anything to work. Is there a way that I could have set a...
  4. Unable to add gmail in windows mail app.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to add gmail in windows mail app.: [ATTACH] I get this error when I try to add my Gmail account to the Mail app in Windows 10 20H2. Any solution https://preview.redd.it/5o3ac80d40p61.png?width=1165&format=png&auto=webp&s=e3f6f80317ebb58cfbd7f064d0d9d1778162f191 submitted by /u/average-geek [link]...
  5. Unable to Add Account to the Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Add Account to the Mail app: Good afternoon, When attempting to Add an Account to the Mail app, I can go through the process of adding an account however nothing shows up after the account is added. I added an IMAP work e-mail, it didn't show, when I tried to add it again it states "Account already...
  6. Unable to add folders in Windows Mail App

Unable to add folders in Windows Mail App: Is there a registry setting(s) I could change so I don't have to uninstall and reinstall per other posts suggestions. Everything is working and I have currently 69,209 emails in my inbox and I don't see where there is an archive feature to re-import my emails for MS Mail....
  7. Unable to add folders in Windows 10 Mail application

Unable to add folders in Windows 10 Mail application: set up windows mail and everything working ok regarding send and receive, problem being is that if I click on more it brings up all folders but at the top where it says "All Folders" there should be a + sign to create folders, this is missing so I am unable to create any...
  8. unable to add new email in Control Panel -> Mail app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unable to add new email in Control Panel -> Mail app: Hi, I have been trying to add new email in control panel -> mail app After entering the email and password in the following screen and with the 'next' button clicked The following screen displayed and prompts for my password again. It keeps prompting for...
  9. How to Add new Folder in Mail app

How to Add new Folder in Mail app: I am unable to add new folder in the app. the + sign is not available in more... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/how-to-add-new-folder-in-mail-app/eba6a52e-a019-454e-a1af-a203f296706e
  10. Add New folder in Windows 10 Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Add New folder in Windows 10 Mail: Hello I'm usually use Mozilla thunderbird as Mail application Since I've two new machine installed with Windows 10 I'm trying to figure out if the native Mail application in Windows 10 can be a good alternative For now my feeling is mostly negative - I didn't find...