Windows 10: Unable to add or use PIN sign-in option in Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to add or use PIN sign-in option in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Signing in to your device with a four-digit PIN is the easiest way to […] This article Unable to add or use PIN sign-in option in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 20, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Unable to add or use PIN sign-in option in Windows 10

WinClub, Nov 20, 2020

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 20, 2020
  3. windows sign on pin

Hello RONNELLBELL,

My Name is Paul one of the Community Advisor and a Microsoft Consumer like you. Here's a link suggestion that will going to guide you with a series of troubleshooting steps to resolve the Sign on pin issue that you are having.

Here's a helpful link:

https://www.askvg.com/fix-unable-to-add-and-use...

Please let me know if the steps provided from the link worked or not and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Regards and stay safe.

Paul_Mykel, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Unable to add or use PIN sign-in option in Windows 10

Cannot find PIN Sign-in option

Hi Dhruv,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 2-Year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

Is the password set? AFAIK PIN requires you to have a password first. If so, try the steps here:

[Fix] Unable to Add and Use PIN Sign-in Option in Windows 10 - AskVG

https://www.askvg.com/fix-unable-to-add-and-use...

Content on the above blog is written by a Microsoft MVP so it is safe. However, do watch out for the ads.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Unable to add or use PIN sign-in option in Windows 10

1. Unable to add or use PIN sign-in option in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable add PIN

2. unable to use other sign in options besides pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to use other sign in options besides pin: I have been unable to use other options to sign in into my windows 11. I keep getting a error stating "something went wrong. Try again later". I have no updates pending. I have restated my computer multiple times, and nothing seem to work. all the ways to sign in are grayed...
  3. unable to use other sign in options besides pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to use other sign in options besides pin: I have been unable to use other options to sign in into my windows 11. I keep getting a error stating "something went wrong. Try again later". I have no updates pending. I have restated my computer multiple times, and nothing seem to work. all the ways to sign in are grayed...
  4. Unable to sign in, the only option is Pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign in, the only option is Pin.: I am unable to log into my laptop, due to it requiring a PIN which I have forgotten, It doesn't let me use my finger print, nor do I know where I can find or change the pin. It doesn't let me change accounts or open settings at all....
  5. Unable to sign in, the only option is Pin.

Unable to sign in, the only option is Pin.: I am unable to log into my laptop, due to it requiring a PIN which I have forgotten, It doesn't let me use my finger print, nor do I know where I can find or change the pin. It doesn't let me change accounts or open settings at all....
  6. Unable to sign in, the only option is Pin.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. unable to use sign in options

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    unable to use sign in options: i am unable to use sign in options i baught this laptop like 1 year ago and now i want a password but i am unable to do it it say some settings are managed by your organisation how ever this is a personal computer - windows 10 home i would like you to help me please thank you...
  8. unable to use sign in options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to use sign in options: i am unable to use sign in options i baught this laptop like 1 year ago and now i want a password but i am unable to do it it say some settings are managed by your organisation how ever this is a personal computer - windows 10 home i would like you to help me please thank you...
  9. unable to use sign in options

10. Add PIN or Change PIN in Sign in Options

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Add PIN or Change PIN in Sign in Options: I have already set a PIN for my Local Account and my "Sign in Options" in Settings looks like this showing "Add" under PIN: [img] Various sites I have visited indicate that as I have already set a PIN I should have the option to "Change" or "I forgot my PIN". like...