Windows 10: Unable to add organiser in Family Safety

Discus and support Unable to add organiser in Family Safety in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; hi, i tried to add organizer in my family group but it keeps encountering error message: " Sorry, something went wrong. We're not sure what happened... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jeffli82, May 24, 2020.

1. jeffli82 Win User

Unable to add organiser in Family Safety

hi, i tried to add organizer in my family group but it keeps encountering error message:

"

Sorry, something went wrong.
    We're not sure what happened but refreshing the page may help, or try again in a little while."

can anyone advised?

:)

jeffli82, May 24, 2020

2. Unable to block youtube using family safety

Hi,

Thank you for updating with the status of the issue and apologies for the delay in responding.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Family Safety settings.

• Web filtering is not setup correctly.
    Remove and try to re-add the site in the block list and check.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if you have setup web filtering correctly or not.

How do I prevent my child from seeing certain websites or chatting online?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...afety-child-kid-protect-filter-sites-chat-faq

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to refresh Family Safety filter and check if it helps.

How do I refresh the Family Safety Filter?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/family-safety-filter-faq

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 24, 2020
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Unable to filter the entire website under Family Safety

Hi Raj,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with filtering websites in Family Safety.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Family Safety settings.

• Web filtering is not setup correctly.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if you have setup web filtering correctly or not.

How do I prevent my child from seeing certain websites or chatting online?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...afety-child-kid-protect-filter-sites-chat-faq

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to refresh Family Safety filter and check if it helps.

How do I refresh the Family Safety Filter?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/family-safety-filter-faq

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, May 24, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Unable to block youtube using family safety

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

Have you tried manually removing YouTube on the blocked websites at the Family Safety website? Base on how you setup your web filter, you have set the filter in which YouTube might not be included. So, to have YouTube exempted
    on the list, please follow the steps below.

• On any computer, sign in to the
      Family Safety
      home page with your Windows Live ID.
    Click Edit settings under the name of the child/member whose settings you want to change, and then click
    Web filtering lists. Under Allow or block a website, type or paste into the box the web address of the website that you want to block. Select an option from the list, and then click
    Add. Click Save.

Don't forget to refresh your Family Safety settings to update the changes you made on the website. To refresh the settings, login to the Family Safety client installed on your PC and click the
    Get the latest settings from the website button (located on the left side of?) on the upper right of the window. After doing this, verify if YouTube is now accessible or not.

Refer the link below

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/set-pc-limits

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, May 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to add organiser in Family Safety - Similar Threads - Unable add organiser

2. I'm unable to add a device to my daughter's account for Family Safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I'm unable to add a device to my daughter's account for Family Safety: I have a Win10 laptop ver 22H2, OS build 19045.3324, with my account set to Administrator. My daughter's account on the same laptop is a Standard account. Neither account is local. When I go to Settings / Account and highlight hers, I am not given the option to Add the...
  3. Cannot add a family member to Family Safety

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot add a family member to Family Safety: I keep getting an error message when trying to add my son's account to Family Safety. I had add and removed him a couple times trying to get his new computer set up, and now it seems like his account is blocked for some reason. Here's the message I get:Unusual activity...
  4. Cannot add a family member to Family Safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot add a family member to Family Safety: I keep getting an error message when trying to add my son's account to Family Safety. I had add and removed him a couple times trying to get his new computer set up, and now it seems like his account is blocked for some reason. Here's the message I get:Unusual activity...
  5. Cannot add a family member to Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Windows 11 and family safety settings: unable to add member

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 and family safety settings: unable to add member: HiI am unable add my child device HP laptop having WINDOWS 11 as operating system. Have downloaded app on my iPhone could restrict her YouTube but my phone shows’ no device’. When I try and add I am unable to add. Account > family user> add member but unable her laptop....
  7. Windows 11 and family safety settings: unable to add member

Windows 11 and family safety settings: unable to add member: HiI am unable add my child device HP laptop having WINDOWS 11 as operating system. Have downloaded app on my iPhone could restrict her YouTube but my phone shows’ no device’. When I try and add I am unable to add. Account > family user> add member but unable her laptop....
  8. Can't add family members to MS Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add family members to MS Family Safety: Every time I try to add a family member I get this error: "Something went wrong on our end. Give it a few minutes, then try again. TraceID: 6EPn0vwEkkiRIQF0.7.78" When I try to add family members through the app, it says something about "detecting unusual activity".A couple...
  9. Can't add family members to MS Family Safety

Can't add family members to MS Family Safety: Every time I try to add a family member I get this error: "Something went wrong on our end. Give it a few minutes, then try again. TraceID: 6EPn0vwEkkiRIQF0.7.78" When I try to add family members through the app, it says something about "detecting unusual activity".A couple...
  10. Can't add family organiser to family group

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't add family organiser to family group: Hi, when trying to add a family member as an organiser to my family group I send the invite and an acknowledgement screen that states "Invitation sent to their email. When they accept, they'll join your family." I logged out and logged back in with their MSA, went to their...