Windows 10: unable to add @outlook.com account to mail app

Discus and support unable to add @outlook.com account to mail app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been trying to fix my outlook..com email account on the windows 10 mail app. I originally had my @outlook email account in the standard Win 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Duncan Attridge, Jun 11, 2020.

1. unable to add @outlook.com account to mail app

I have been trying to fix my outlook..com email account on the windows 10 mail app.

I originally had my @outlook email account in the standard Win 10 Mail client. it would not let me access my emails and said I needed to "fix" something. each time I attempted to do this I got a rather unhelpful message that something went wrong with the error code 0x80070005.

I attempted to remove the account from the client and re add it. I get the same message. the password is fine. it works for all the other Microsoft services that use that email address. such as this service, my xbox subscription and one drive.

so all that is working but I removed the account from the client and now get the same message when trying to re add the account to the client.

now all the email I have access to is my back up @gmail.com that I use for general purposes I need my @outlook for studies I am undertaking.

the mail is working on my phone but it is not convenient to use this as it is a small phone.

It does work through the outlook.com web page though but this is not an acceptable work around as it is in a web browser and I prefer to use the mail client

:)

Duncan Attridge, Jun 11, 2020
  2. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Michael87 Win User
    How to delete outlook emails accounts list in Windows 10 Mail App.

Hi, i want to ask - How i can delete outlook email accounts in Windows 10 mail app.

I use on this mail app only outlook.cz email accounts, i use etc 6 emails accounts. So now i delete 3 email accounts and i use only 2 email accounts.Problem is, when i go to - Mail app - Settings - Accounts managements - Add Account
    i see on the list still my old deleted emails accounts.

I want to ask how i clear history of this accounts on this list or how i cant delete cache from this mail app.

Please do not answer me how to delete account, i know how i can delete email account. I want only delete this list.
    I add any images here. Thanks

unable to add @outlook.com account to mail app [​IMG]

Michael87, Jun 11, 2020
  4. alvez Win User

unable to add @outlook.com account to mail app

outlook account config

SO today my friend asked me if i could post this question on the forum:

He wants to configure a outlook account with 1 email, with that outlook account he wants to run the same account in 2 diferent computers he wants the both computer to be connected in network, for example:

• he receives a email and that email is sent to each computer;
    • he deletes a email from one computer and it also deletes on the other;
    • he moves a email to a folder it also moves on the other computer;
    If you guys can help me would be nice!
    thanks!

alvez, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

unable to add @outlook.com account to mail app

1. unable to add @outlook.com account to mail app - Similar Threads - unable add @outlook

2. Cannot add outlook mail to windows mail app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot add outlook mail to windows mail app.: If I add as Office 365 mail after add I will get a password out of date message, after I fix the account it happens again and again. I have checked all email passwords and the are correct. I can manually add but then, no incoming or out going mail will show in the windows...
  3. Cannot add outlook mail to windows mail app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot add outlook mail to windows mail app.: If I add as Office 365 mail after add I will get a password out of date message, after I fix the account it happens again and again. I have checked all email passwords and the are correct. I can manually add but then, no incoming or out going mail will show in the windows...
  4. Windows Mail App Not Letting Me Add an Outlook Account

Windows Mail App Not Letting Me Add an Outlook Account: My university recently switched from using Gsuite email accounts to using Outlook accounts. My university email stopped receiving messages in the mail app because of this switch, so, I am trying to re-add my university account as an Outlook account. I opened the add an...
  5. Unable to Add Account to the Mail app

Unable to Add Account to the Mail app: Good afternoon, When attempting to Add an Account to the Mail app, I can go through the process of adding an account however nothing shows up after the account is added. I added an IMAP work e-mail, it didn't show, when I tried to add it again it states "Account already...
  6. Unable to add Gmail account in Mail app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to add Gmail account in Mail app: Hi, I got into a problem that I can't add my Google and Yahoo account on mail apps of win 10. I'm sure that the problem doesn't related to any account issue because the apps is crashing when I click to add an account before the user and password page, that the...
  7. Unable to add an account to Mail

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to add an account to Mail: Just decided to try switching back to the built-in Mail app, but upon trying to add my account I get this error. If it matters the account I’m trying to add is a Microsoft account (and it’s connected to the user account I’m using) and it’s an Outlook email. submitted by...
  8. Windows 10 Mail app and Outlook .com

Windows 10 Mail app and Outlook .com: I'm having a problem with Mail and Outlook. When I go to view my e-mail messages using the Mail app viewer all of the body content of the message is in some sort of plain text or computer language. There are no pictures of graphics in the message just this plain text...
  9. Unable to add Mail account

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to add Mail account: Just downloaded 10565. From what trade press says, mail has been significantly improved (I've been using Thunderbird), so I thought I'd again give it a try. I had to add my account, so I clicked on Add Account, clicked on "Other Account", entered the Email address + Password...
  10. Unable to add any accounts in Mail and Calendar Apps

Unable to add any accounts in Mail and Calendar Apps: I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on a Sony VAIO laptop. I'm working through some issues but the one that is really annoying me is the inability to add any accounts to the Mail and Calendar apps. I have tried adding my Microsoft account as well as Exchange and other...