Windows 10: Unable to add payment method as I can't change country information field in Windows Store.

Discus and support Unable to add payment method as I can't change country information field in Windows Store. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, So recently I got interested in Sea of Thieves and I saw that it was available for PC. To my surprise it was a Microsoft game. I had never... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Batsashi, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Batsashi Win User

Unable to add payment method as I can't change country information field in Windows Store.

Hello,

So recently I got interested in Sea of Thieves and I saw that it was available for PC. To my surprise it was a Microsoft game. I had never both a MS game. I saw from where to buy the game from the internet and all was looking nice. I was asked to add a pay method, I did that. After that I noticed that it was asking for my address( I found it strange because I thought that i was buying digital copy of the game not physical). During the information feeling I noticed that my country was stuck to the USA and the option was greyed out. I live in Bulgaria not USA. I look for other people having the same issue and tried their methods on fixing the issue. I checked my Region setting in Control Panel, my MS account setting my gmail setting but all of them were set to Bulgaria. I tried to add a payment method to my MS account and I was able to select the correct country in there but then I went and tried to buy the game it asked me to fill in a payment method again. Tried using different browser but nothing changed. I even created a new MS profile but got the same results. As a last solution I tried to change the country from the bottom left of the MS to Bulgaria. But after I changed it I saw that the option for buying Sea of Thieves was removed, instead of it I had "At the moment you don't have access to Sea of Thieves".

So rights now i have a few questions:

1. Is Bulgaria not allowed to buy the game ?

2. If I am allowed to buy the game how do I change my country ?

3 Do I need to have a xbox to buy the game ?

3. Why do i need to fill in an address if I am buying digital copies ?

P.S. I have used different stores (Steam, Uplay, Epic store) but I have never had so much trouble in making someone to take my money.

:)

Batsashi, Jan 24, 2019
  2. A. User Win User

Unable to add payment method as I can't change country information field in Windows Store.

Hello,

So recently I got interested in Sea of Thieves and I saw that it was available for PC. To my surprise it was a Microsoft game. I had never both a MS game. I saw from where to buy the game from the internet and all was looking nice. I was asked to add a pay
    method, I did that. After that I noticed that it was asking for my address( I found it strange because I thought that i was buying digital copy of the game not physical). During the information feeling I noticed that my country was stuck to the USA and the
    option was greyed out. I live in Bulgaria not USA. I look for other people having the same issue and tried their methods on fixing the issue. I checked my Region setting in Control Panel, my MS account setting my gmail setting but all of them were set to Bulgaria.
    I tried to add a payment method to my MS account and I was able to select the correct country in there but then I went and tried to buy the game it asked me to fill in a payment method again. Tried using different browser but nothing changed. I even created
    a new MS profile but got the same results. As a last solution I tried to change the country from the bottom left of the MS to Bulgaria. But after I changed it I saw that the option for buying Sea of Thieves was removed, instead of it I had "At the moment
    you don't have access to Sea of Thieves".

So rights now i have a few questions:

1. Is Bulgaria not allowed to buy the game ?

2. If I am allowed to buy the game how do I change my country ?

3 Do I need to have a xbox to buy the game ?

3. Why do i need to fill in an address if I am buying digital copies ?

P.S. I have used different stores (Steam, Uplay, Epic store) but I have never had so much trouble in making someone to take my money.

A. User, Dec 16, 2019
  3. adding payment method in lumia 435 app store

want to purchase an app in the windows store using my debit card. I found the section where I can add payment options. Which is all good and fine, the only problem is that I am unable to change the country for when I am entering my debit card information.
    It is a static field set to the United States. Fill out the information because I live in Kenya.

ronaldmutai, Dec 16, 2019
  4. A. User Win User

Hi Batshashi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community Forums.

By default, Microsoft Store will use Region & Language settings of your computer when you try to make any purchases.

The Game is available for both PC and Xbox, you do not need to have Xbox to buy or play the game.

The game is available in only in certain regions. I would suggest to follow the steps mentioned in the article below and see if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems when paying for something from Microsoft Store

In case it doesn’t help, I would suggest to contact Microsoft Store and check if the game is available for purchase in your region.

Microsoft Store

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

A. User, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to add payment method as I can't change country information field in Windows Store. - Similar Threads - Unable add payment

2. Why can't I add a new payment method

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why can't I add a new payment method: I've been trying to add a new card to my account but whenever I try to change the address it keeps telling me that the details I have entered are incorrect even though I have triple checked and they are correct....
  3. Why can't I add a new payment method

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I add a new payment method: I've been trying to add a new card to my account but whenever I try to change the address it keeps telling me that the details I have entered are incorrect even though I have triple checked and they are correct....
  4. Can't add any Payment method

Can't add any Payment method: We couldn't add your payment method.Try that again. Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit can help.It is a new created account.What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-add-any-payment-method/70ff14ca-5121-4cf3-8906-d47c1cc0909f
  5. Can't add any Payment method

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add any Payment method: We couldn't add your payment method.Try that again. Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit can help.It is a new created account.What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-add-any-payment-method/70ff14ca-5121-4cf3-8906-d47c1cc0909f
  6. Can't add any Payment method

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Add more payment methods in Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add more payment methods in Microsoft Store: Hi,I've two debit cards, one is Master Card and other is RuPay. I can see that Master Card, Visa and American Express cards are supported in India but my Master Card is not working. Later I got to know that it needs to be International Debit Card. Or the banks which follow 3D...
  8. Add more payment methods in Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add more payment methods in Microsoft Store: Hi,I've two debit cards, one is Master Card and other is RuPay. I can see that Master Card, Visa and American Express cards are supported in India but my Master Card is not working. Later I got to know that it needs to be International Debit Card. Or the banks which follow 3D...
  9. Can't change payment method.

Can't change payment method.: I recently signed up for Dell financial services and I wanted to use it to help finance a laptop, but everything I got to checkout I can't change my payment method, at all. And when I go to add it to the list of my payment methods it doesn't let me add DFS to my payments. So...
  10. Unable to add payment method

Unable to add payment method: Hi There, I'm unable to add payment method using a credit card based out of India, could you please help resolve this error. Here's the error Check the info you entered. It doesn't match the info for this card. I've checked with my bank and there are no issues with the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to change country in payment through Microsoft store

2. what to fill to make payment in the windows store

3. epic store cant add payment method