Windows 10: Unable to add .prt extension file type to New context menu

Discus and support Unable to add .prt extension file type to New context menu in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All, I'm unable to add RMB context menu for .prt file types. Nothing is displayed when RMB on file. I've asked same question on Stack overflow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by samadhangaikwad, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Unable to add .prt extension file type to New context menu

Hi All,

I'm unable to add RMB context menu for .prt file types. Nothing is displayed when RMB on file.

I've asked same question on Stack overflow but no replay yet.

Link for question: [Removed by Moderator]

Thanks,

Samadhan

***Modified Title From: Unable to add RMB context menu for selected file***

:)

samadhangaikwad, Feb 9, 2019
  2. Mi(h&e1 Win User

Changing the file types available in the new menu item of the windows context menu

How do you alter the file types that are listed when you select 'New'
    from the Windows 10 context menu? New software installations add their file types and replace items that were already listed. For example I can create WinZip and Zipx files after installing WinZip, but I cannot create a new Visio file because it is no longer
    in the list.

Mi(h&e1, Feb 9, 2019
  3. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Unable to add .prt extension file type to New context menu :(

ArmoredCavalry, Feb 9, 2019
  4. Unable to add .prt extension file type to New context menu

Remove from New File Context Menu

In the context menu, under new, there are a lot of extra extensions that I don't need. How do I remove them? I've tried going into the registry editor under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT, and to the file extension. There was a folder called shell, and I deleted New.
    But that didn't do anything. Do I need to delete the entire shell folder, or the extension folder, or something else?

shufflesninja, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

Unable to add .prt extension file type to New context menu

1. Unable to add .prt extension file type to New context menu - Similar Threads - Unable add prt

2. Adding NEW file types to context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding NEW file types to context menu: Hello, I would like to add file type .FC7 to my right click (context) NEW menu so I can open a new FastCad drawing in any folder. I found one link that showed how to do this, but it did not work for me. Basically it added a key under the HK_CLASSES_ROOT tree, adding a...
  3. How to add File name extensions item to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add File name extensions item to Context Menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft has added a feature on the File Explorer Options or Folder Options ribbon and mini window on Windows 10 which allows the user to either enable or disable the file extensions’ visibility in the File Explorer. However, some users [...] This post How...
  4. Add option to context menu to open file type

in Windows 10 Support
    Add option to context menu to open file type: By default, Windows will open a MIDI file with Windows Media Player on double-click. This is fine. However, I'd like to add the option to open MIDI files to the context menu (right click). As it is, to open a MIDI file with MuseScore (my current preferred software), I have...
  5. I cannot add .prt extension file type to context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot add .prt extension file type to context menu: I have a problem with.prt files because I cannot add RMB context menu for .prt file types. I see nothing when RMB on file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-add-prt-extension-file-type-to-context/b55e5602-4f2c-4026-95db-7b148d3a479c
  6. Unable to add RMB context menu for selected file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to add RMB context menu for selected file: Hi All, I'm unable to add RMB context menu for .prt file types. Nothing is displayed when RMB on file. I've asked same question on Stack overflow but no replay yet. Link for question: [Removed by Moderator] Thanks, Samadhan...
  7. Show files extension toogle in context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Show files extension toogle in context menu: I wish I've had the option for toggle hide/show files extension by simply push left SHIFT for extended menu anywhere on empty space in a folder or desktop, and choosing it from there, rather than doing it by folder options or the explorer drop down menu with all extra...
  8. Add File Name Extensions Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add File Name Extensions Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add File Name Extensions Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add File Name Extensions Context Menu in Windows 10 A file name extension is a set of characters added to the end of a file name that determine which app should open it. By default, File Explorer hides...
  9. Add Batch File to New Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Batch File to New Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Batch File to New Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Windows Batch File to New Context Menu in Windows 10 A .bat file is a batch file that consists of a series of commands to be executed by the command line interpreter, stored in a plain text file....
  10. Add VBScript File to New Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add VBScript File to New Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add VBScript File to New Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information A .vbs file is a VBScript (Visual Basic Script) file written in the VBScript scripting language that can be executed within Windows or Internet Explorer via the Windows-based script host...