Windows 10: Unable to add searchbox to taskbar Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Unable to add searchbox to taskbar Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This issue all started when I wanted to print a youtube screen Was told to enter "snipping tool" in the taskbar searchbox. No searchbox on taskbar. To... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Master mechanic, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Unable to add searchbox to taskbar Windows 10 Pro

This issue all started when I wanted to print a youtube screen Was told to enter "snipping tool" in the taskbar searchbox. No searchbox on taskbar. To fix this, I was instructed to right click taskbar and go to "properties.". No properities there. Tried going through "settings". Tried both "Taskbar" and "Notifications", however there is no reference to "show or hide searchbox". Lastly, I tried entering "Taskbar properties" Contol Panel -- no luck. I am stuck. I know it is something really simple, but I am now frustrated. Please Help!

Cannot up administrator to run DICM either without search box. Otherwise everything seems fine. Maybe a control prompt item? That search box is a neccessity. A tip of the hat to all of you people!

:)

Master mechanic, Oct 13, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 13, 2018
  3. How do I add a shortcut to the Taskbar on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are unable to add a shortcut to the taskbar in Windows 10. You are right that there is no option to pin the shortcut to the taskbar. However, you should be able to drag and drop the shortcut to the taskbar. If you are unable
    to do that try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

• Open the network connection page by clicking on the shortcut.
    • Once that page is open, you could see the same in the taskbar.
    • Now, right click on the icon of network connection in the taskbar which is representing your shortcut.
    • Select the option pin to the taskbar.
    • Now the shortcut will be pinned to the taskbar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unable to add searchbox to taskbar Windows 10 Pro

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

Unable to add searchbox to taskbar Windows 10 Pro

1. Unable to add searchbox to taskbar Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Unable add searchbox

2. Windows searchbox not showing

in Cortana
    Windows searchbox not showing: hey! when i right click on taskbar and select search it only shows show search icon not show search box or whatever please tell me how to fix it and i am on Windows 10 Pro Education edition...
  3. Searchbox Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Searchbox Not Working: Search box can't type and can't sign in with Microsoft Account since updating from version 1903 to 1909. How to fix it on windows 10 home edition? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/searchbox-not-working/43e0b224-40ce-4f12-98c2-2011fbc56d9e
  4. Unable to add account in Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to add account in Windows 10: I tried adding users base on the steps here https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-account, but they're not appearing after I'm done. I tried signing out but I do not get an option to sign in to other users account....
  5. Two problems with searchbox

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Two problems with searchbox: I suddenly (out of the blue) have two problems with the searchbox. When searching in explorer, the searchbox is really small (as in tight spaced) and I can't see what I'm typing. I fixed this myself, by re-dragging te box to a normal size, but i never changed it in the...
  6. cannot search folders on desktop - unable to type anything in searchbox

in Cortana
    cannot search folders on desktop - unable to type anything in searchbox: Since last update - unable to search folders. Restarting File Explorer each time you want to search for something is not acceptable. Is there another answer to this problem? It's kind of an important issue/glitch/mess...
  7. Unable to add a Microsoft account to a Win 10 pro upgrade

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to add a Microsoft account to a Win 10 pro upgrade: I'm unable to add a MS account to my machine after upgrading from Win7 to Win10. When trying to add an account from the settings menu, the window appears momentarily and then disappears. When I try to log in to any native windows app that uses a MS account I get the error in...
  8. cortana missing in setting and searchbox in taskbar not working at all

in Cortana
    cortana missing in setting and searchbox in taskbar not working at all: before this search box problem i have did a windows reinstall using a usb drive and after it reinstall and upgrade, the search box can't use at all and also cortana is missing...
  9. Add Toolbars to Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Toolbars to Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Add Toolbars to Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Add Toolbars on the Taskbar in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows you to find, see, open,...
  10. Searchbox on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Searchbox on taskbar: I like to have the simple search box - magnifying glass only - on the taskbar. Since Win 10 Creators Update it appears - thus - Circle Type here to search (space) then the microphone symbol - Can't find a way back to the simple mag glass. Help! 92503