Windows 10: Unable to add tags for PDF files in Windows Explorer.

Discus and support Unable to add tags for PDF files in Windows Explorer. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I would like to be able to tag my files using Windows 10 Explorer. It appears from posts that other people are having this problem. In Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JaneTheFirst, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Unable to add tags for PDF files in Windows Explorer.

I would like to be able to tag my files using Windows 10 Explorer. It appears from posts that other people are having this problem. In Windows 10 Explorer, I right click the file, then choose Properties/ Details. There is a tag option for Word and Excel, but not for pdfs. Is there way way to do this? Thank you!

***Modified Title form: Tags not available in Widows 10 Explorer***

:)

JaneTheFirst, Apr 28, 2019

2. Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags?

If you set some tags for your *.jpg pictures, the windows 10 file explorer shows them in the "details pane" on the right side.

Unable to add tags for PDF files in Windows Explorer. [​IMG]

This list can get very long and with some wrong or no longer used entries.
    How can I clear this list / cache / suggestions?

Or how can I stop the file explorer to suggests already used Tags?

WTenNewbie, Apr 28, 2019
  3. OCjp Win User
    Windows Explorer/file Properties Details not displaying tags

I'm trying to tag documents so they can be found easily but I don't have the option to add a tag to a file. The Details panel in my Windows Explorer does not display tags in the list of properties. Also, when I right-click a file, go to Properties and then click the Details tab, tags are not listed there either.

Is there a way to turn this feature on? Thanks in advance for any help.

4. Eric Ber Win User

Unable to add tags for PDF files in Windows Explorer.

No PDF viewer in File explorer preview pane

Hi Steve,

Conflicts with the program settings is one of the possible reasons why you are unable to view the PDF preview in the File Explorer Preview Pane. We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps in this

thread,
    and go to the post that was provided by Michalis_Georgiou
    on October 24, 2017 in the 2nd page, and check if you will still encounter the same issue.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

Unable to add tags for PDF files in Windows Explorer.

1. Unable to add tags for PDF files in Windows Explorer. - Similar Threads - Unable add tags

2. File Explorer Tags column

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Tags column: Hello How do I get PDF tags to show in the File Explorer Tags column? please see image below.Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-tags-column/20e8c79b-6499-4e5e-bf02-3247f28ab7c9
  3. File Explorer Tagging Editing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Tagging Editing: How to edit the rating on MP4 video files?If you have an answer, please let me know. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-tagging-editing/411ec45f-09fb-4840-b0fb-5adf8fd02730
  4. File Explorer Tagging Editing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Tagging Editing: How to edit the rating on MP4 video files?If you have an answer, please let me know. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-tagging-editing/411ec45f-09fb-4840-b0fb-5adf8fd02730
  5. Tagging PDF files in File Explorer

Tagging PDF files in File Explorer: I have created a feedback suggestion in the Feedback Hub asking for this feature. If you would like this feature, please up-vote my suggestion and give extra background from your perspective. https://aka.ms/AAbxh2u...
  6. add tags

add tags: In file explorer y want to add and see tags in tag column for my folders[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-tags/2658084e-71b5-4a55-8a74-bf08d342fc40
  7. Tags in File Explorer

Tags in File Explorer: I rely greatly on Autofill when adding tags to images. To not do so would require using my memory resulting in many, slightly different tags for the same "topic". for example:- John Searwood, John Sherwood , John Sharwood, John J Sherwood and so forth. Some while ago the...
  8. File Explorer tag info

File Explorer tag info: File Explorer view can show tags. How to input tag info? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-tag-info/a0dbb5c9-9f0d-4927-9e00-b1474bcf2400"
  9. Cannot Add Tags, Categories, Comments, etc to any .PDF files

Cannot Add Tags, Categories, Comments, etc to any .PDF files: I am able to add tags to Word and Excel documents, but I am unable to add tags to PDF documents. I've tried to open details in properties for the file and can only delete details, not add. Please help!...
  10. Add comments, tags, metadata to files in explorer, folder comments

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add comments, tags, metadata to files in explorer, folder comments: Hi, just come across this File Metadata (free) which I think will interest you- seems very competent in tagging files. At the bottom I've added a note about StyleFolder (free), which adds comments to folders. If you want to add comments, tags, metadata to files, this is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows explorer enable tags for pdf files

2. error:0x88982f8f

3. windows explorer tag pdf

4. windows explorer tags for pdf,
  5. adding tags to PDF files is not supported in Windows explorer