Windows 10: Unable to add webserver as network location in Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to add webserver as network location in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I attempted to add a college classweb server by using the network location wizard. It worked once, but then I tried to recreate my steps by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SW_DW, Dec 13, 2018.

1. SW_DW Win User

Unable to add webserver as network location in Windows 10

I attempted to add a college classweb server by using the network location wizard. It worked once, but then I tried to recreate my steps by uninstalling it and reinstalling it. When I attempted to reinstall it the second time, I now get an error message that the folder doesn't appear to be valid. The folder is valid and my college tech support has even remoted in and attempted to create it. Why won't the custom folder in the wizard recognize it?

***Original title: Add a Network Location windows 10***

:)

SW_DW, Dec 13, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

add a network location windows 10

Hi Erich,

Adding a network place in Windows allows you to access FTP, Windows file shares, and some HTTP servers directly in My Network Places, without having to use an FTP client.
    To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages when you tried adding a network location?
    • Are you trying to add a network location or map a network drive?

Meanwhile, if you're adding a network location, we suggest that you follow these steps below about adding a network location:

• Open This PC in File Explorer, click on the Computer tab, click on the
      Add a network location button in the ribbon.
    • Click on Next in the Add Network Location wizard.
    • Click on Choose a custom network location, and click on
      Next
    • Type the address of the website, FTP site, or network location you want to add, and click on
      Next.
    • If you are allowed to log on anonymously to this network location, click on
      Next
    • Type a name you want for this network location in This PC, and click on
      Next
    • If you are not allowed to log on anonymously to this network location, then uncheck the
      Log on anonymously box, enter the user name for the network location, and click on
      Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • If you could not log on anonymously to this network location, you will see a
      Log On As
      dialog prompting you to enter the user name and password for this network location. Check the
      Save password box if you do not want to be required to type the user name and password every time you access this network location. Click on
      Log On when finished.
    • The network location will now open.

If you're mapping a network, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how to map a network drive.

Let us know if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Dec 13, 2018
  3. Unable to turn on Location in Windows 10

Hello,

We regret the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

Before we proceed further, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue? Is it an abrupt issue?

• Do have any System Restore point set in Windows prior to the issue?

• Did you check if the same issue occurs when you log in to Windows using a different Local Administrator user account?

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to follow the steps to try and fix the issue:

Step 1:

Follow the steps to change the region:

a) Type “Region” on the Search and click on
    Change your country or region option from the search results.

b) Now choose the location from the drop down menu to change the region. (As per your location)

Move to the next step.

Step 2:

I would suggest you to turn On Windows location platform on the computer and check if it helps.

You can follow the steps:

a) Type

b) Click on
    Change Location settings

c) Check the box which states “Turn ON Windows location platform” and “Help improve Windows Location services”.

e) Click on Apply.

Proceed to the next step.

Step 3:

If you are trying to use location settings for an app, I would suggest you to turn ON the settings to allow apps to use the location on the computer.

Follow the steps:

a) Type
    l
    ocation on the Search.

b) Click on
    Location privacy settings

c) Move the slider towards the right to turn ON settings for ‘Let Windows apps use my location’.

Restart the computer once after making the changes.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information related to Location service in Windows, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Dec 13, 2018
  4. trexmkii Win User

Unable to see network location

Hi everyone,
    I have a USB drive connected to my TP-LINK Archer VR600 router.
    I've successfully set this drive as a network location on my laptop (running windows 10) with no issues whatsoever.
    However, when trying to do the exact same thing on my desktop PC, I'm unable to see drive on my network at all.
    I've tried switching to a static IP, tried connecting the PC using both wired and wireless connections and made sure the network settings are identical on both machines but had no luck.
    When the laptop is on, I can see it on my network as well as other device connected to the router (phones, TV, printer, etc), just not the drive.

Laptop network locations:

Unable to add webserver as network location in Windows 10 [​IMG]

The router (with the drive) shows up just fine.

PC network locations:

Unable to add webserver as network location in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Same exact network, no router. Everything else works fine.

Any ideas?

trexmkii, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to add webserver as network location in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable add webserver

2. Add Network Location (Not Responding)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add Network Location (Not Responding): Attempting to add an network location using that feature of Explorer in Win 10 1909 18363.720. After input of network path location and selecting Next the wizard stops becoming unresponsive, and shows in title bar (Not Responding). I have waited as much as 30 minutes but the...
  3. Unable to locate PC’s on the network

Unable to locate PC’s on the network: Have 5 computers all running windows 10 and are on our home network. However they are not fully recognized by each other. Only one desktop discovers all 5, the other 2 desktops recognize only two one being themselves and one other. The other desktop discovers two others but...
  4. Add a network location

Add a network location: I have two Win 10 Pro 1909 computers on same LAN and some tasks I do on one and others on the second. Occasionally, I need to pull files from one to the other but not often. So I decided to add a specific folder on one using "Add a network location". Got the IP address...
  5. Can we add network locations to a Windows 10 Library?

Can we add network locations to a Windows 10 Library?: I have a client who wants me to set this up but I cannot find a way to make it work; He's replaced the machine where the data is stored, and has a new user profile; I mention that because he DID have libraries setup on the old user profile to the old machine that included...
  6. failing to add webserver as network location

failing to add webserver as network location: I failed to add a college class webserver as network location. Once I’ve managed to add it, but then the webserver disappeared from the network location. I tried to add it for the second time but received an error message that the folder doesn't appear to be valid. However,...
  7. Add a Network Location windows 10

Add a Network Location windows 10: I attempted to add a college classweb server by using the network location wizard. It worked once, but then I tried to recreate my steps by uninstalling it and reinstalling it. When I attempted to reinstall it the second time, I now get an error message that the folder...
  8. Unable to see network location

Unable to see network location: Hi everyone, I have a USB drive connected to my TP-LINK Archer VR600 router. I've successfully set this drive as a network location on my laptop (running windows 10) with no issues whatsoever. However, when trying to do the exact same thing on my desktop PC, I'm unable to see...
  9. Network Location Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Network Location Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10: How to: Network Location Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Change Network Location Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information A network location identifies the type of network that a PC is connected to with a network adapter. By...
  10. Add a Network Location in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add a Network Location in Windows 10: How to: Add a Network Location in Windows 10 How to Add a Network Location to This PC in Windows 10 [img] Information When you add a network location, you are creating a shortcut in This PC to an Internet storage location, such as a website or FTP site. A network...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to add network location windows 10