Windows 10: Unable to adjust monitor brightness

Discus and support Unable to adjust monitor brightness in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I am having an issue where I am unable to adjust the brightness of my monitor through Windows (I'd very much like not to have to use my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by N'yoma Diamond, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Unable to adjust monitor brightness

Hello,

I am having an issue where I am unable to adjust the brightness of my monitor through Windows (I'd very much like not to have to use my monitor's brightness control)

I have a GTX 1060 and a Ryzen 3700x

I am sure my GPU drivers are up to date, I have tried using both generic PnP drivers for my monitor as well as the monitor-specific drivers. The "Adaptive Brightness" option(s) are not available, so that also is not the cause (they just don't show up). Troubleshooting also does not help.

Basically everything related to brightness control in any degree is just not there.

Help would be greatly appreciated

:)

N'yoma Diamond, Nov 15, 2019

2. Brightness can not be adjusted.

Hi Sirajudeen,

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any error message/ error code with this issue?
    • Have you tried to install all the pending updates for drivers and Windows Updates on your device?

This issue might have happened due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested to change the brightness and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of changing the brightness and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 15, 2019
  3. David118 Win User
    Unable by any means to adjust brightness on monitor screen

The buttons on my AOC monitor don't work. Online instructions for adjusting the brightness in Windows don't work. I'm stuck with a level of brightness that's making my eyes sore. Any suggestions?

David118, Nov 15, 2019
  4. Unable to adjust monitor brightness

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

Unable to adjust monitor brightness

1. Unable to adjust monitor brightness - Similar Threads - Unable adjust monitor

2. Unable to adjust the brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to adjust the brightness: I am using ASUS VivoBook 14/15. I ever adjust the screen brightness by pressing F4 or F5 bottons. But now I could not do it anymore. Are there other ways to adjust the brightness? How can I adjust by pressing F4 or F5 bottons again?Note: I have checked that the display driver...
  3. Unable to adjust the brightness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to adjust the brightness: I am using ASUS VivoBook 14/15. I ever adjust the screen brightness by pressing F4 or F5 bottons. But now I could not do it anymore. Are there other ways to adjust the brightness? How can I adjust by pressing F4 or F5 bottons again?Note: I have checked that the display driver...
  4. Brightness wont adjust on second monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brightness wont adjust on second monitor: My main computer is an Asus Vivobook 14 running Windows 10. My secondary is an acer monitor, it wont change the brightess on the acer. How do I fix this? submitted by /u/WackyH [link] [comments]...
  5. unable to adjust the brightness in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    unable to adjust the brightness in Windows 10: After upgrading to Windows 10 Education, upgraded 1/4/2020 I can't adjust the brightness in my laptop nether from settings nor from the desktop or with function keys F5, F6. My Laptop is Sony and the model is VPCYB35KX. This model is quite old and It is recommended to have...
  6. Unable to adjust screen brightness.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to adjust screen brightness.: Dear Microsoft community, I got the following message when tried to update "display adapters" since there is no options available to adjust screen brightness either under "Display" or right corner of the task bar. Still there is exclamation sign on adaptors indicating...
  7. Unable by any means to adjust brightness on monitor screen

Unable by any means to adjust brightness on monitor screen: The buttons on my AOC monitor don't work. Online instructions for adjusting the brightness in Windows don't work. I'm stuck with a level of brightness that's making my eyes sore. Any suggestions?...
  8. Unable to adjust brightness!!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to adjust brightness!!!!: Its been two days since I adjusted my laptop's Brightness. Tried restarting it a many times still not able to adjust the brightness. Help it got stuck on the lowest level....
  9. How to adjust monitor brightness

How to adjust monitor brightness: Monitor is a Dell S2419H and is way to bright. I can find no way to adjust its brightness using the On Screen Display or using the Display Settings of Win 10. I'm sure there must be a way but I just can't find it. Will someone please give me a hand? Thank you. 129234
  10. Can't adjust brightness or connect to a monitor..

Can't adjust brightness or connect to a monitor..: Hey guys, just updated to windows ten with my Sony Vaio 14 touchscreen laptop. 2 things ive noticed so far that have been bugging me is 1. I cannot adjust my brightness with the f5 & f6 keys like i could before... nor do i know how to changed the brightness now at all. Also...