Windows 10: Unable to Adjust Screen Brightness in Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to Adjust Screen Brightness in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm using Windows 10 Home on an ASUS laptop (Intel Core i7-8550U CPI @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz) and am unable to adjust my screen's brightness. When you move... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EvanBraun1, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Unable to Adjust Screen Brightness in Windows 10

I'm using Windows 10 Home on an ASUS laptop (Intel Core i7-8550U CPI @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz) and am unable to adjust my screen's brightness. When you move the bar in display settings, nothing happens, and there is no button available to apply changes anymore. I imagine there's probably something wrong with my driver, or perhaps it has something to do with a registry key somewhere, but I don't have the foggiest clue how to troubleshoot this problem on my own. Could anyone help me out?

:)

EvanBraun1, Apr 15, 2019

2. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Apr 15, 2019
  3. Adjust Screen Brightness and Resolution in Windows 10

The screen brightness adjustment keys of my HP Pavilion laptop are not recognized by Windows 10. It is so bright that it is harming our eyes. Also, I followed the suggested alternate steps from many websites and none of them worked as the brightness adjustment
    option is not at all available even not inside Control Panel.

Please note that before installing Windows 10, I got notification that my laptop is compatible for the upgrade. Can you please help?

Hirak Bhaumik, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Unable to Adjust Screen Brightness in Windows 10

how to adjust the screen brightness?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

How exactly did you try to adjust the brightness on your system?

I suggest you to check the below link to know how to change brightness on Windows 10:Change screen brightness

If however you are not able to change the brightness, I suggest you update your display drivers and check if it helps:

You can update drivers from the Device Manager.

• Right click on start button and click on Device manager.
      • Select Display adapter and expand it.
      • Right click on the device and select Update driver.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Unable to Adjust Screen Brightness in Windows 10

1. Unable to Adjust Screen Brightness in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable Adjust Screen

2. Unable to adjust the brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to adjust the brightness: I am using ASUS VivoBook 14/15. I ever adjust the screen brightness by pressing F4 or F5 bottons. But now I could not do it anymore. Are there other ways to adjust the brightness? How can I adjust by pressing F4 or F5 bottons again?Note: I have checked that the display driver...
  3. Unable to adjust the brightness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to adjust the brightness: I am using ASUS VivoBook 14/15. I ever adjust the screen brightness by pressing F4 or F5 bottons. But now I could not do it anymore. Are there other ways to adjust the brightness? How can I adjust by pressing F4 or F5 bottons again?Note: I have checked that the display driver...
  4. No screen brightness adjust.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No screen brightness adjust.: Ok so I have two AOC 24G2 monitors, and I have downloaded the drivers from AOC and installed them. I have fully updated windows, mobo, and gpu drivers. And I have followed this entire guideline, and still have no brightness adjuster anywhere. For the power options I do not...
  5. unable to adjust the brightness in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    unable to adjust the brightness in Windows 10: After upgrading to Windows 10 Education, upgraded 1/4/2020 I can't adjust the brightness in my laptop nether from settings nor from the desktop or with function keys F5, F6. My Laptop is Sony and the model is VPCYB35KX. This model is quite old and It is recommended to have...
  6. Unable to adjust screen brightness.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to adjust screen brightness.: Dear Microsoft community, I got the following message when tried to update "display adapters" since there is no options available to adjust screen brightness either under "Display" or right corner of the task bar. Still there is exclamation sign on adaptors indicating...
  7. Unable to adjust brightness!!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to adjust brightness!!!!: Its been two days since I adjusted my laptop's Brightness. Tried restarting it a many times still not able to adjust the brightness. Help it got stuck on the lowest level....
  8. Unable to adjust brightness using windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to adjust brightness using windows 10: I just updated my windows from 8 to window 10 and found out that the brightness is not working. I have searched for many possible solution to adjust my brightness but didn't come up with a good one. Please I need your support and help in any possible ways. Thank you....
  9. Unable to Adjust Screen Brightness in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to Adjust Screen Brightness in Windows 10: Unable to Adjust Screen Brightness in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-adjust-screen-brightness-in-windows-10/74945e5a-ff17-4439-a1ab-6da97432a826
  10. Adjust Screen Brightness in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Adjust Screen Brightness in Windows 10: How to: Adjust Screen Brightness in Windows 10 How to Change Brightness of Built-in Display in Windows 10 If you have a laptop or tablet, you might need to occasionally change the screen brightness. For example, if you want to use your laptop outdoors on a sunny day,...